Hobbies in heaven

Wings Like Eagles

Model railroading, please!!!! Maybe I'll finally have the chance to realize my childhood dream of modeling the Conrail line between Anderson and Muncie, IN (and also perhaps the less scenic but more accessible portion from Anderson on towards Indianapolis) where I spent so many Saturdays watching trains with my dad.

So if everything is perfect in heaven and doesn't decay... does that mean I won't need to simulate dirt and rust on my models?

Oh goodness, anything I wouldn't give to see a factory fresh Conrail SD60M again. Just one more time......
My guess is that the entropy of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics won't operate in heaven--because entropy is a decay process. It destroys the perfection of Creation--disease is such a process. If there is no more disease (and we are told there will be no more sorrow or pain--a feature of disease and death) then somehow God will stop disorder (entropy) from destroying His heavenly Creation. If no entropy, no rust.

RonJohnSilver

How about real railroads and real airplanes and vintage cars, etc.? Of course, none need repair or gas. And golf, since I won't have arthritis in my hands or anywhere. And tennis (new knees), and baseball (even with stealing), and hockey (no fighting) and well, anything else I suppose is o.k. since the bad attitudes associated with many fun things will be gone. Cards, pool? Yeah, I'm down with that too.

MichelleinFl

How about real railroads and real airplanes and vintage cars, etc.? Of course, none need repair or gas. And golf, since I won't have arthritis in my hands or anywhere. And tennis (new knees), and baseball (even with stealing), and hockey (no fighting) and well, anything else I suppose is o.k. since the bad attitudes associated with many fun things will be gone. Cards, pool? Yeah, I'm down with that too.
Yess!!! It will be heavenly :)

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I just wonder if we will be able to sleep. I’m guessing it won’t be needed...

This is just pure conjecture on my behalf but I don't think we will as sleep is only needed for our physical bodies to recover from the activities of the day etc.

IN our glorified bodies , we won't need any rest because it won't feel the effects of sin and there is no nighttime, just the constant glorious light emanating from the Lord ( in heaven).

Mommasince99

This is just pure conjecture on my behalf but I don't think we will as sleep is only needed for our physical bodies to recover from the activities of the day etc.

IN our glorified bodies , we won't need any rest because it won't feel the effects of sin and there is no nighttime, just the constant glorious light emanating from the Lord ( in heaven).
Yeah, I don’t think it will be needed, but I love that feeling of just waking up (on my own) after sleeping heavy.

JamesSuth

Model railroading, please!!!! Maybe I'll finally have the chance to realize my childhood dream of modeling the Conrail line between Anderson and Muncie, IN (and also perhaps the less scenic but more accessible portion from Anderson on towards Indianapolis) where I spent so many Saturdays watching trains with my dad.

So if everything is perfect in heaven and doesn't decay... does that mean I won't need to simulate dirt and rust on my models?

Oh goodness, anything I wouldn't give to see a factory fresh Conrail SD60M again. Just one more time......
Here in Britain the term for an immaculate locomotive is 'Ex works' - meaning its just been restored in the workshops and looks like new. If all trains are going to look like that it will put an end to 'weathering' in model railroading :laugh. I'd love to see that SD60 too. And for me, a class 47 in Midland red - like 47973 back in the day. It looked amazing when it was finished; slightly less so after a few weeks in service. And maybe we could get locos in colours that have never happened on earth (note to others railway enthusiasts will only allow locos to be restored to colours they actually wore in service!).

How about real railroads and real airplanes and vintage cars, etc.?
Absolutely! :)

YES! I so look forward to joining the choirs of angels in songs of praise for our heavenly Father and His Son.
Me too! I can't sing, at all. I hope in Heaven I will be able to join in halfway decently!

Dragontiger777

Are you hard of hearing or deaf? I’m deaf in one ear so I wear a BAHA implant, I can’t wait to get rid of it- it’s such an amazing thing God blessed me with to hear crunching pine needles and whispers from my kid, but it keeps getting irritated and painful lol
I am born full the DEAF. Also teacher - ASL for the Public School. Along I want to joined Marine, but sadly I am not allow due Deaf...sighhh

However I can join with Jesus march war against the Satan and Antichrist (I know Jesus take care but feel good to be with Him; When He call us home

Why not swimming in the Volcano/Lava....You know our body are forever immortal; heheheh

Wings Like Eagles

But with our incorruptible bodies... does that mean nothing will stop us from rolling 300, every single game?
Seriously, I expect that we will be able to develop athletic prowess that we could only dream about here. We will, no doubt, be strong, fast, well-coordinated, and have exquisite balance. Never very good at athletics in this life, I want to learn to ice skate and ski like a gold medalist. I want to learn to dance like a professional--not like this--> :mousedance<---me now

Last edited:

kathymendel

While I understand what you are all saying..........
Isn't it "funny" that we think of heaven with pets, hobbies, etc. that all have a worldly perspective?
God has said He has prepared a place for us that is beyond what we can even think or imagine ........
Everything there may be totally different and new from what we have known here on earth.
I don't want to cling to anything that I have or enjoy on this earth.
I want to be blown away by whatever it is He has for us there.

Mary Cole

Maybe in Heaven, after painting a picture, the objects that are painted can jump off the canvas and come to life. Or maybe we could jump into the painted scene that is on the canvas, and frolic around in the scene. Maybe the trees, flowers, grass, animals and maybe even the clouds themselves will be able to speak and converse with us.

Last edited:

ChildofLight

Christophilus said:
I think we'll have opportunity for all sorts of interests, except golf....
Hmmm why is that? (and why do I feel like I'm being baited?....) ;)

Maybe here is why- it’s under the Christian Humor and Joke thread

MOSES AND JESUS PLAYING GOLF​

Moses, Jesus, and an old bearded man were out playing golf one day.

Moses pulled up to the tee and drove a long one. It landed in the fairway
but rolled directly toward a water trap. Quickly, Moses raised his club,
the water parted and it rolled to the other side safe and sound.

Next, Jesus strolls up to the tee and hits a nice long one directly toward
the same water trap. It landed directly in the center of the pond and
kind of hovered over the water. Jesus casually walked out on the pond and
chipped it up onto the green.

The third guy gets up and sort of randomly whacks the ball. It heads out
over the fence and into oncoming traffic on a nearby street. It bounces
off a truck and hits a nearby tree.

From there it bounces onto the roof of a nearby shack and rolls down into
the gutter, down the downspout, out onto the fairway and right toward the
aforementioned pond.

On the way to the pond, it hits a little stone and bounces out over the
water and onto a lily pad where it rested quietly. Suddenly, a very large
bullfrog jumped up on the lily pad and snatched the ball into his mouth.

Just then, an eagle swooped down and grabbed the frog and flew away.

As they passed over the green, the frog squealed with fright and dropped
the ball which bounced right into the hole for a beautiful hole-in-one.

Moses turned to Jesus and said, "I hate playing with your dad."