Hobbies in heaven

Psalm37v4

This might sound crazy, but I’ve often wondered… Do you think we will be doing hobbies in heaven? For instance, of course people might be gardening, but I wonder if there will be activities like crafting or even playing sports in heaven. I particularly like sewing and I kind of hope I’ll get to do some in heaven. Nevertheless I’m sure whatever the Lord has in mind will be beyond my imagination.

update: I realize this might be in the wrong section. Please feel free to move it

MichelleinFl

This might sound crazy, but I’ve often wondered… Do you think we will be doing hobbies in heaven? For instance, of course people might be gardening, but I wonder if there will be activities like crafting or even playing sports in heaven. I particularly like sewing and I kind of hope I’ll get to do some in heaven. Nevertheless I’m sure whatever the Lord has in mind will be beyond my imagination.

update: I realize this might be in the wrong section. Please feel free to move it
I listened to a sermon on the Revealing Mysteries of Heaven and it was so encouraging! The pastor mentions in the New Earth, we will have limitless opportunities for hobbies, jobs, and discovery! He said of course there won’t be a need for doctors or pastors in Heaven, but the fact that we’d get to pursue all the other things that we don’t get around to doing here sounds so amazing :) I get goosebumps when I receive revelation from Jesus or when I have God winks, I can’t imagine what it must feel like to have Jesus visibly in my presence FOREVER! I may just be in a Jesus hug for the first 1000years Lol. But when I’m ok to back away from the hug, I want to explore the oceans and swim with dolphins and whales in the wild (I’m assuming they will be there) and study underwater :)

JamesSuth

Yes, I think there will be. Every good thing comes from God (James 1:17) so I can't see why there wouldn't be. I think it is possible to do everything to God's glory now (including hobbies) and how much more so in Heaven. It is likely we will have far more hobbies in Heaven as we will loose any restrictions that we have on earth. For example, we might not want to mountain bike if we are older, or worried about getting hurt. But we won't get older or get hurt in Heaven so our perspectives will likely change. Who knows I might take up skiing! :shocked

George19

The pastor mentions in the New Earth, we will have limitless opportunities for hobbies, jobs, and discovery!
If people are going to have limitless opportunities for jobs, does that mean that all (current/future) scientific progress in robotics and automation, will be removed?

I'm asking this question, because i know the globalists are planning mass automation, by bringing the 4th Industrial Revolution. Mass automation is part of their NWO agenda.

Dragontiger777

I listened to a sermon on the Revealing Mysteries of Heaven and it was so encouraging! The pastor mentions in the New Earth, we will have limitless opportunities for hobbies, jobs, and discovery! He said of course there won’t be a need for doctors or pastors in Heaven, but the fact that we’d get to pursue all the other things that we don’t get around to doing here sounds so amazing :) I get goosebumps when I receive revelation from Jesus or when I have God winks, I can’t imagine what it must feel like to have Jesus visibly in my presence FOREVER! I may just be in a Jesus hug for the first 1000years Lol. But when I’m ok to back away from the hug, I want to explore the oceans and swim with dolphins and whales in the wild (I’m assuming they will be there) and study underwater :)
MY desire to be become hearing....and search how lovely universal galaxy also want deep ocean meet many animals all over world plus galaxy

MichelleinFl

If people are going to have limitless opportunities for jobs, does that mean that all (current/future) scientific progress in robotics and automation, will be removed?

I'm asking this question, because i know the globalists are planning mass automation, by bringing the 4th Industrial Revolution. Mass automation is part of their NWO agenda.
I’m not sure? I know we won’t need a ton of things we have now, like vaccines or medical advancements...I guess there’s only one way we’ll find out and I guarantee we won’t be disappointed :)

MichelleinFl

MY desire to be become hearing....and search how lovely universal galaxy also want deep ocean meet many animals all over world plus galaxy
Are you hard of hearing or deaf? I’m deaf in one ear so I wear a BAHA implant, I can’t wait to get rid of it- it’s such an amazing thing God blessed me with to hear crunching pine needles and whispers from my kid, but it keeps getting irritated and painful lol

RobinMc

I can only imagine the deaf hearing and the blind seeing, the crippled walking, the autistic clearly interacting with others. I hope to be able to sing (and people not tell me to stop) and play music.
I also know it will be better than any of us expects it to be. You can't beat PERFECT.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
My niece is so hard of hearing but not deaf. She can listen to music through her phone with her hearing aids. She asked me if...<here I am sobbing>... she would be able to hear the Trumpet if she was listening to her music.

I so look forward to her perfect body in Heaven. She is in her 40s and has many challenges. Dragontiger, I am so happy that you and Michelle will have perfect hearing.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I can only imagine the deaf hearing and the blind seeing, the crippled walking, the autistic clearly interacting with others. I hope to be able to sing (and people not tell me to stop) and play music.
I also know it will be better than any of us expects it to be. You can't beat PERFECT.
Girl me and you will do a duet.....How about *How Great Thou Art*? And we will hit every note!!!! Michelle can join in for a trio!!

I am thinking we will have more hobbies and activities than we can imagine in our earthly minds. I want to learn so many things!!!

Wings Like Eagles

Yes--I'm looking forward to the flora and fauna that will be everywhere--without bugs to bite us, or menacing animals. There will be no violence anywhere, nor will there be death and suffering. I think our intellectual capacity will be greatly increased so that we will be able to learn so much more. And yes--I do believe that there will be many, many creative, wonderful pastimes--creativity is of God. And every creative pastime will be yet another way to worship our heavenly Father and His Son--giving back just our tiny portion of what He has given us.

Last edited:

railfan727

Model railroading, please!!!! Maybe I'll finally have the chance to realize my childhood dream of modeling the Conrail line between Anderson and Muncie, IN (and also perhaps the less scenic but more accessible portion from Anderson on towards Indianapolis) where I spent so many Saturdays watching trains with my dad.

So if everything is perfect in heaven and doesn't decay... does that mean I won't need to simulate dirt and rust on my models?

Oh goodness, anything I wouldn't give to see a factory fresh Conrail SD60M again. Just one more time......

RobinB

Yes--I'm looking forward to the flora and fauna that will be everywhere--without bugs to bite us, or menacing animals. There will be no violence anywhere, nor will there be death and suffering. I think our intellectual capacity will be greatly increased so that we will be able to learn so much more. And yes--I do believe that there will be many, many creative, wonderful pastimes--creativity is of God. And every creative pastime will be yet another way to worship our heavenly Father and His Son--giving back just our tiny portion of what He has given us.

And Christmas lights everywhere!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer