History’s Most Viewed Event

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
History’s Most Viewed Event
By Terry James

Of all my cogitating on Bible prophecy, the thought just never struck.

I’m partner with Todd Strandberg in raptureready.com. I’ve written hundreds of articles on the subject. I’ve authored entire books devoted just to the topic. Yet I’ve never even thought, much less written about, one particular aspect of the matter. Some might correct me on that, but that is my memory—or failure thereof—on this thing specifically involved.

The topic, the subject, is the Rapture—that stupendous instant when Jesus Christ steps out on the clouds of glory and shouts with the last trump and the voice of an archangel, “Come up here!”

We believe that it will happen in an atomos of time—quicker than it takes for light traveling at 186,000 miles per second to enter the eye and strike the retina. That’s much faster than the eye can blink, I’m told.

Again, we believe that millions of all born-again believers who are alive will vanish in that instant. It will happen all over the world, but perhaps in no place on earth will the great event be witnessed by more people than in America. And, I’m not meaning that this is because there are more Christians—true believers—in the United States than in any other place on the planet. That might be the case, but that isn’t why I state it.

The thought, as I said above, had not crossed my mind until an epiphany came in the form of an email by a Christian sister, whom I presume is a long-time family member of our Rapture Ready website.

Although I won’t mention her name, I will relate a part of her email that struck deeply into my prophecy-watcher alert center:

Terry: Concerning the Rapture discussion about whether or not people will see us leaving when we are caught up. They will certainly see SOMETHING, because there are cameras everywhere constantly filming everybody.

So, if I’m out in the middle of the street talking to one of my neighbors when Jesus suddenly calls me up into the clouds, at least three of my neighbors’ security cameras are going to record my disappearance. (Where did she go? She was standing right there talking to Dave and then she just disappeared!”).

Whether we just disappear or can be seen rising up after we are transformed, the cameras at the grocery store, the bank, the jam-cam on I-10, the neighbor’s security camera or doorbell ring camera, all those cameras recording everybody everywhere all over the world are going to capture it all.

Again, this is just an idea that never struck me. But it will surely happen just as she describes, barring an unforeseen EMP attack or other phenomenon that shuts down all cameras in the nation.

Anyone who has watched forensic shows that record crimes in every possible location knows that we’re under constant surveillance. There is no way we can escape the cameras looking down on us from telephone poles, building roofs, or wherever.

Even drones now circle overhead and record every movement we make, both for law enforcement and commercial purposes. Private drones now keep track of us just for amusement and entertainment.

But it’s the cellphone and other devices held by individuals in every town in the country that make the emailer’s observation of special, prophetic significance.

People are literally filming on their phones every moment of every day and night, especially in America, where so many people have smart devices. There is no doubt that the disappearance of people around towns all over America will be captured in that staggering instant.

The news-gathering entities around the US will be soliciting every video they can find. Social media venues will go crazy with quantities of footage that will likely almost melt down many websites. It will be the most filmed event in history!

Many of those video recorders will still be going when they hit the ground, having been dropped by Christians doing the filming. These, too, will give credence to the message of those of us who have been teaching the truth of the pre-Trib Rapture.

Perhaps it is the many such videos that will convince a great number of people who have heard our message. The message? That Jesus has called believers to Himself. Those who see and are thus convinced might then seek earnestly all information left behind that forewarns of what they have just witnessed.

My thanks to my emailer friend who stimulated the thought about history’s most viewed event!

—Terry

https://www.raptureforums.com/rapture/historys-most-viewed-event/

vbf

Being an engineer and all around math & science nerd, I've learned that energy is the currency of our physical (physics, chemistry, ect) world.

money : economy :: energy : physical

Be it the potential/kenetic energy involved in roller coasters or the the Laws of Thermodynamics, energy is the quantifying term. I often think about how much energy (likely incalculable) will be necessary/expended when all of our bodies, both living and dead, are instantly transformed. Additionally, it's further mind boggling to consider the energy required to elevate our new bodies (whether they have mass or not, presumably they will) from the surface of the earth up to the clouds. I say this to posit the questions.....will our bodily trasformations at the rapture, given the unfathomable energy released at that (less than a) second in time, emit light or other typical evidences of sudden releases of energy? Will it make a sound? Consider a simple firecracker, which makes a sound and emits light as the energy in the gunpowder is released quickly. I wonder if cameras will not only capture the actual disappearing but any light and/or sound emitted? If sound is emitted, will the aggregated sounds be deafening? Will shock waves be propagated? Will people be knocked over? If light is emitted will it be a brilliant flash? Will a Bournoulli effect be fealt at or near ground level due to the incredible velocity with which so many will be taken up? Or, will the Lord come as a thief in the nght and steal us away in total silence, yet observably?

It's all quite fascinating to ponder.

Last edited:

Anewcreationinjesus

Being an engineer and all around math & science nerd, I've learned that energy is the currency of our physical (physics, chemistry, ect) world.

Be it the potential/kenetic energy involved in roller coasters or the the Laws of Thermodynamics, energy is the quantifying term. I often think about how much energy (likely incalculable) will be necessary/expended when all of our bodies, both living and dead, are instantly transformed. Additionally, it's further mind boggling to consider the energy required to elevate our new bodies (whether they have mass or not, presumably they will) from the surface of the earth up to the clouds. I say this to posit the questions.....will our bodily trasformations at the rapture, given the unfathomable energy released at that (less than a) second in time, emit light ot other typical evidences of sudden releases of energy? Will it make a sound? Consider a simple firecracker, which makes a sound and emits light as the energy in the gunpowder is released quickly. I wonder if cameras will not only capture the actual disappearing but any light and/or sound emitted? If sound is emitted, will the aggregated sounds be deafening? Will shock waves be propagated? Will people be knocked over? If light is emitted will it be a brilliant flash? Will a Bournoulli effect be fealt at or near ground level due to the incredible velocity with which so many will be taken up? Or, will the Lord come as a thief in the nght and steal us away in total silence, yet observablly?

Hopefully not too long before we find out .... :bouncies:hyper:hyper:hyper

JDP

All fascinating questions - I too had not considered the amount of cameras and filming around the world. The Rapture on film, so to speak, likely will cause many to question their lack of faith. For the others it would be fascinating to watch them "spin" the event - which is likely a major ingredient in the anti-Christ's future efforts to convince the world to follow him instead.

As for the energy factor, since God created the laws of physics He's certainly not subject to them and He can call us up and transform our bodies any way He chooses. But perhaps there's a nugget of a hint in the Shroud of Turin (which I believe to be the burial shroud of Jesus and an ancient God-made "photograph" of the moment of resurrection). It's been said by many believing scientists who have studied the Shroud that the image on it was created in a split nano-second burst of extremely high energy of unknown origin (we know that if the Shroud is indeed genuine then the image was created by the energy of Jesus' bodily resurrection directly from God). The burst was enough to leave the image on the very tiniest micromillimeters of the surface of the linen fibers, but otherwise did no damage to the cloth whatsoever.

Such energy of resurrection, then (at least in Jesus' case) was more powerful in a fraction of an instant than man can create, yet it does absolutely no harm. Instead, it resurrects. I love to think of such energy and exactly where it comes from. Perhaps the "energy" of the Rapture will be the same or something very similar.

Salluz

You mean we can change these titles?

Be it the potential/kenetic energy involved in roller coasters or the the Laws of Thermodynamics, energy is the quantifying term. I often think about how much energy (likely incalculable) will be necessary/expended when all of our bodies, both living and dead, are instantly transformed. Additionally, it's further mind boggling to consider the energy required to elevate our new bodies (whether they have mass or not, presumably they will) from the surface of the earth up to the clouds. I say this to posit the questions.....will our bodily trasformations at the rapture, given the unfathomable energy released at that (less than a) second in time, emit light ot other typical evidences of sudden releases of energy? Will it make a sound? Consider a simple firecracker, which makes a sound and emits light as the energy in the gunpowder is released quickly. I wonder if cameras will not only capture the actual disappearing but any light and/or sound emitted? If sound is emitted, will the aggregated sounds be deafening? Will shock waves be propagated? Will people be knocked over? If light is emitted will it be a brilliant flash? Will a Bournoulli effect be fealt at or near ground level due to the incredible velocity with which so many will be taken up? Or, will the Lord come as a thief in the nght and steal us away in total silence, yet observablly?

I think it would be pretty cool to go out with a bang

Another something to ponder: will our glorified bodies be like the description of Jesus where his skin color is like molten metal and his eyes are like fire? If people could see us after our transformation in a twinkling (before we are taken up into the clouds), even our presence might be blindingly bright to mortal eyes if we give off light like that

Kaatje

Listening for that trumpet sound
Sorry @JDP, but the Turin shroud is fake.
This is (part of) what I wrote in a thread where we discussed it:

To me, the only source that was relevant was the Bible, which clearly and conclusively exposed the shroud as a fake:

John 20: 6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, 7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

So it is clear that the headcloth was separate from the bodycloth, and not one long cloth that enveloped everything.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/jacobs-letter-to-the-12-tribes.147552/#post-842759655

chaser

Just a twinkling from home!
Maybe people (non believers) will hear something but not understand it and see bright light and see us disappear into the air to meet Jesus,, like what happened to Paul on the road to Damascus his traveling companions heard but did not understand the sound.

chaser

Just a twinkling from home!
Maybe if you lived by a cemetery or were walking/driving by a cemetery at the exact moment of the dead in Christ being resurrected you may have a split second to say "woah" and then you are flying with them. How about mortuaries, people disappearing/changing to new bodies, wild to think about.

Kem

Citizen
Interesting point.

Wonder if there will be enough time for us to see that event,
and thusly have (a very small?) time to prepare for lift off?
That would be very cool! I'm also of the opinion that while we will be changed in the twinkling of an eye just as the Bible says, we will not necessarily simply disappear in a poof. We may rise more slowly just as the Lord Jesus did while the disciples watched.

JamesSuth

I often read of 'once in a lifetime' opportunities. Well, this is a once in history event!

The point about cameras is very interesting, there will no doubt be a lot of footage of whatever is seen. I also think about those of us who live or work among non believers, those we are with are bound to see us disappear. I try to tell all of these people, if they will listen, so that when it happens they will know where I have gone. :)

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
This will be quite an event when those who have died rise first go up :rapture in their new glorified bodies, and then we which are alive and remain go up. :rapture That will be quite a sight for the unbelievers who are left behind. For those who are driving a car, trucks, etc, or flying an airplane there will be crashes because of believers going up.:rapture

JDP

Sorry @JDP, but the Turin shroud is fake.
This is (part of) what I wrote in a thread where we discussed it:

To me, the only source that was relevant was the Bible, which clearly and conclusively exposed the shroud as a fake:

John 20: 6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, 7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

So it is clear that the headcloth was separate from the bodycloth, and not one long cloth that enveloped everything.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/jacobs-letter-to-the-12-tribes.147552/#post-842759655
That's fine - we can certainly have disagreement regarding the Shroud. Such a shroud was actually a quite common burial cloth particularly for the more affluent - and it was purchased and provided by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus. The Shroud is not necessary for my faith or anyone else's (and if you hang your faith on a relic you need to re-examine your faith), but after 42 years of intensely studying it, I have come to believe it's genuine. And I think actually the Scriptures do mention it directly several times when you go back to the original Greek. The "wrapped together in a place by itself" that you mention that appears in most English bibles can more correctly be interpreted from the original Greek as "lying in it's own place." The headcloth was typically placed over the face, another was wrapped around the head and jaw to keep the jaw closed (you can see this cloth around Jesus' head in hi-res photos of the Shroud), and the long burial shroud remained on the rock slab.

Anyway, the new carbon dating places the date of the Shroud from between 300 BC and 200 AD, and with all of today's technology, science doesn't have one iota of a clue how the image was formed other than by some sort of unknown energy burst. Modern science can't create it such energy (higher than anything we're capable of, and lasts only a nano-second if not less) without it being completely destructive. But that energy of the resurrection barely imprinted the cloth and didn't damage it. It would be like us trying to make a small mark on a cloth while detonating 1000 nuclear bombs right next to it without doing any damage whatsoever. We don't have such capability and no one certainly had it 2000 years ago.

kathymendel

I want a ten minute warning so I can hand over my bible to any non-believer I'm with, tell them to confess Christ, never take the mark, and read Daniel and Revelation, before we go.
I'd like half-hour to tell my neighbors.
Tell them now! Don't wait or it will be too late! Now is the only chance we get..................