Historic flight into space

Christchild49

This morning (Tuesday), Jeff Bezos made his way into space with three other people, including his brother. It was a thrilling 10-minute up-and-down, high-tech flight. At the end, Jeff said, "Best day ever!" So what do you think about all this? Were we meant to go into space?

kathymendel

If all these guys can do is a 10 to 5 minute ride up and down, it will be a l-o-n-g time before they are ever ready to land on Mars and set up a place to live there.
I don't see it happening, and l don't think we are meant to live on another planet. IF they are able to be successful with their plan, and do create a place to live,
how long will it last when the Trib hits and there cannot be any shipment of foods and supplies from earth to support that life??? Story over.........
But, I think it will never get that far.

katt

Remember, the Wright brothers weren't in the air for very long either, or very far off the ground, but because of them, this man made it out of our orbit for a very short time..and like the Wright brothers without the aid of the Feds...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
It's an accomplishment, for sure. Rather than aim for Mars, I think a better idea and possibly a good money maker would be to build a resort on the Moon and in addition to operating the resort, ferry people back and forth.

Andy C

If all these guys can do is a 10 to 5 minute ride up and down, it will be a l-o-n-g time before they are ever ready to land on Mars and set up a place to live there.
I don't see it happening, and l don't think we are meant to live on another planet. IF they are able to be successful with their plan, and do create a place to live,
how long will it last when the Trib hits and there cannot be any shipment of foods and supplies from earth to support that life??? Story over.........
But, I think it will never get that far.
I agree, there is probably not enough time left for this world, to someday have the technology to successfully land on and sustain life on Mars.

Andy C

When you move to the moon, best take your sheep, goats, and/or cows to the moon with you so you can make cheese... I imagine the charge to take your farm animals will make for some pretty expensive cheese. Are you a closet billionaire who has that kind of money lying around?
Yes, myself, Musk and Bezos all party together on weekends……:eek2 But we dont invite Zuckerberg.:biggrin2

I heard they dont search astronauts when they board the rocket, and those big spacesuits look like I could smuggle in a lot of cheese.

You DO KNOW the moon is made of cheese…

Wings Like Eagles

I agree, there is probably not enough time left for this world, to someday have the technology to successfully land on and sustain life on Mars.
The amount of tone-deafness of these people is stunning. They already live in another world compared to the 99%. Bezos rocket-ride is just a bit of Bezos amusing himself by rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
At least on the moon, there would be no windy days.

Do you think I could post on this forum from the moon? Over the past 18 months, some of the posts I have read on here seem to be from another planet :rolleyes: ….

By the time you resettle there there will probably be internet access on the moon.

Are you saying that some of the posts here are proof positive that there is extraterrestrial life out there?