His grace proved sufficient and His strength overcame my weakness. Hallelujah!

Pat

WHAT mATTERS? The Work of God​

While being “nigh unto death” this past month, (VID/Pneumonia) the Lord has refocused my attention on and taught me some things that should be important to me all the time, sick or not.

God is sovereign. He allows both good and evil and uses both to accomplish His will. My sickness and now recovery was God’s will, though I do not understand His purpose for either. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.” Isaiah 55:8

God is trustworthy. We have hundreds of promises from Him of His love, comfort, care, protection, deliverance, supply of needs, and all things designed to make us more like Jesus. We can count on those promises until the very moment He decides He wants to see us face to face. We have nothing to fear if we belong to Him. Death is simply changing addresses.

God accomplishes His will through our prayers. We do not twist God’s arm by praying so that He will do what we want. We are led by Him to pray so that we will do what He wants. Prayer refocuses our thoughts from ourselves to Him who has the power to do anything. But scripture never teaches that we are to command God to do our will, regardless of how much faith we think we have. Praying for others takes the focus off ourselves and our will. I prayed for you all a lot during this time, as I know you did for me.

God used Jesus to represent Him on the earth for 33 years. God is still being represented today by that same Jesus, as He lives His life in us. This happens when we die to our own wills and self, and let His life be manifest to others. “Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.”2Corinthians 4:10

What matters is that we care for one another, known as the body of Christ, by letting God use us in love, prayer, and good works as He leads. Thanks for showing me your love. “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” John 13:35

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus

While being “nigh unto death” this past month, (VID/Pneumonia) the Lord has refocused my attention on and taught me some things that should be important to me all the time, sick or not.

God is sovereign. He allows both good and evil and uses both to accomplish His will. My sickness and now recovery was God’s will, though I do not understand His purpose for either. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.” Isaiah 55:8

God is trustworthy. We have hundreds of promises from Him of His love, comfort, care, protection, deliverance, supply of needs, and all things designed to make us more like Jesus. We can count on those promises until the very moment He decides He wants to see us face to face. We have nothing to fear if we belong to Him. Death is simply changing addresses.

God accomplishes His will through our prayers. We do not twist God’s arm by praying so that He will do what we want. We are led by Him to pray so that we will do what He wants. Prayer refocuses our thoughts from ourselves to Him who has the power to do anything. But scripture never teaches that we are to command God to do our will, regardless of how much faith we think we have. Praying for others takes the focus off ourselves and our will. I prayed for you all a lot during this time, as I know you did for me.

God used Jesus to represent Him on the earth for 33 years. God is still being represented today by that same Jesus, as He lives His life in us. This happens when we die to our own wills and self, and let His life be manifest to others. “Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.”2Corinthians 4:10

What matters is that we care for one another, known as the body of Christ, by letting God use us in love, prayer, and good works as He leads. Thanks for showing me your love. “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” John 13:35

You were missed Pat. :sad. And you were in my prayers for God's help if perhaps you were struggling with a health challenge of some sort.

I'm so thankful that God kept you in His loving care and brought you through.

Thank you for your prayers. :)

RestInHim

God's love will never fail us, even when all else is falling apart! I truly believe that the greater suffering we go through allows us to grow closer to Him and learn greater truths of His everlasting love and sustaining power for all who have placed their faith in Him. He will be faithful to complete His will in us. We have so much to be thankful for and we can trust Him fully.

He is our Prince of Peace. So glad to have you back Pat, all glory to Him. :hug:pray