Highlight Text from a Poster and a Reply Button Pops Up

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This may be common knowledge and I just didn't know it... but just in case I thought I'd share something I learned today about the Xenforo software:

If you want to reply to just a portion of a person's post, and want to quote that portion, if you highlight the portion you wish to quote a reply button pops up and when you click on that button you get what you highlighted as a quote in the reply box.

I've always taken the whole post and then trimmed it down to just the thought I'm responding to. Knowing this little trick, which may be old news to you (but not to me), I can save a bit of time.

Lynn

This may be common knowledge and I just didn't know it... but just in case I thought I'd share something I learned today about the Xenforo software:

If you want to reply to just a portion of a person's post, and want to quote that portion, if you highlight the portion you wish to quote a reply button pops up and when you click on that button you get what you highlighted as a quote in the reply box.

I've always taken the whole post and then trimmed it down to just the thought I'm responding to. Knowing this little trick, which may be old news to you (but not to me), I can save a bit of time.
I'm on my phone and don't know how to highlight, though I can do it on desktop.

DanLMP

I'm on my phone and don't know how to highlight, though I can do it on desktop.
When I'm on my tablet instead of my laptop, in order to highlight a phrase, touch and hold a single word within the text you want to highlight and wait for the word to be highlighted. Once the word is highlighted you should also get two little pull arrows that show up at either end of the highlighted word on the bottom. Touch and drag each of these little arrows to highlight the remainder of the phrase you want to quote.

During that process the "reply" button should have shown up so that when you are finished highlighting you can then touch the reply button and proceed to comment on the OP. Your highlighted phrase will show up as the normal quoted section.

Additionally, if you want to create a quoted box via a different method, you can copy and paste any phrase from any source, either RF or other source, and then after pasting that into your reply, rehighlight what you have pasted, go up to the control bar at the top of your reply box, click on the three dots with the down arrow "...", a drop down box will appear. Within that box you will see the option to "quote". If you select "quote" within that drop down box, your highlighted section will show up as a normal quote box.

Like so:

Within that box you will see the option to "quote". If you select "quote" within that drop down box, your highlighted section will show up as a normal quote box.