High school graduation question

InsuranceGuy

My daughter's graduation is Saturday morning. I am torn on what to do. Covid-19 cases in Missouri are going through the roof. There will be around 3,000 people in attendance and it is in a County where masks are not required. Social distancing will not be possible.

What do I do? I am extremely high risk because of the Cancer. My doctors are totally against me going. My daughter doesn't understand though and wants me there. If I don't go, it will be an issue for her.

My gut and head say to avoid this like the plague. What would you do?

JoyFillsMySoul

I would have a heart to heart talk with your daughter about why it's so important that you be there. Maybe there's something safer you could do together beforehand to celebrate. Maybe your wife could call you so you could hear her name announced. If you do go, wear 2 masks and sit up high where hopefully no one else is sitting. (And wear a shirt that says "If you can read this, you're too close!) Hugs friend...I'll be praying for you and your daughter. :hug

Judy4Jesus

God is GOOD!
I agree with TT, AVOID GOING! Maybe your wife can go and do Facetime during the ceremony so y'all can chat through it together as if you were actually there!
Praying for her to understand the HUGE RISK she is asking you to take and be well in her soul about you staying home! :pray
:hug

Edited to add that maybe your wife should not be there either since she lives with you!! Maybe your bestfriend would be willing or if your parents or siblings are going they could FT you through it. :pray

Watch a live feed. She should probly keep some distance from you for a while after the graduation.

I'd go to my child's wedding, but in my opinion missing a high school graduation ceremony is not a big deal.