High in the Arctic - Eskimo !!

araj54

I'm just not too shure how to share anything now.
Just share what is on your heart Brother, and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you, at least that is what I would suggest. No one here has reached perfection yet, nor will we this side of heaven.
Also please be aware if you aren't already that we have many brethren on this forum going through some very tough times, and what I think Mary may have been sensitive to is that, in the past, we have had people suggesting folks didn't have enough faith, as a reason for unanswered prayers, when in fact our Lord doesn't always deal with every situation in the same way every time. But the one thing you will notice if you go through our prayer and praise section is by far the majority of members trust God, and He is, and will continue to work in the lives of each and every one of us as long as we continue to seek and trust Him.

Last edited:

Majik Imaje

Just share what is on your heart Brother, and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you, at least that is what I would suggest. No one here has reached perfection yet, nor will we this side of heaven.
Thank you for those encouraging words.

ReadyforSupper

MAJIK!!! :hug

You made it!!! :yeah::yeah: Beloved, we're so so so glad you're here! ("Auntie" Mary, bless her golden heart, keeps us all on the straight and narrow, helps us pick our dusty selves up and brushes us off, smacks us on the seat of the britches and gets us back to doin the Good Lord's work...she's been working overtime recently. So many are losing heart...)

Brother, when I saw you going through what I went through for months (I'm hard headed and thought I could be a light in that darkness, but they only like darkness there) I had to ask you to come here. We're a "tough love" group, but it's real love and you can depend on any of us at any time...a real forever family. Your light hearted sense of humor and the way you seem to walk through the briar patch without a scratch really got to me...you really know how to trust the Lord and I'm so glad you've brought that here with you! (You remind me of my hubby, who always says "I feel like I'm one of God's favorites" as he's being ripped off on a job he's almost killed himself doing...he only sees the blessings, like you do :hug)

I see you've already jumped right in, I knew you would...you're like us, rough and tough and full of stuff :hehheh

I'm down to...FIVE dogs!!! WHOOO HOOO! They'll ALL be gone today!!! So, I'll more n likely be on later this afternoon, I've got a ton of prayer requests I've not had a chance to respond to (although, ya'll, I have read them and have prayed, just not written it down yet) so I'll do that as well.

Again, I'm SO happy you've come to be with us! We're here for the duration and whether it be by undertaker or uppertaker, we'll stand together till the end.

Blessings in Christ Jesus beloved of God!!! :hug

Deanna

Lily

Looking Up
Welcome! Amazing how people so far away are connected these days. When I was young (50+ years ago) Eskimo lived in a very remote land. Now we're all as close as a keyboard stroke.

Glad you're here. :nod

Majik Imaje

Thank you all for your wonderful comments;

I have finally found a "Christian forum HOME).

Thank You mbrown for setting me straight.

I am sure you have much to teach me! :hug

ReadyforSupper - I shall be forever thankful for delivering me out of insanity into this wonderful forum of believers.

ReadyforSupper

(We use that same joke except we use Cracker women) (Cracker, as in Florida Cracker, not as in racial slur, for the lurkers, lol)

Majik Imaje

If you live in or near the big cities in America GET OUT !!

The Arctic is paradise! In "Barrow" Alaska all homes have .. .. (drum roll) Natural Gas and it is FREE FREE FREE free heat!

Plenty of jobs; and a very modern supermarket with fresh meats & fruits!

EnRapturedwithChrist

The Arctic is paradise! In "Barrow" Alaska all homes have .. .. (drum roll) Natural Gas and it is FREE FREE FREE free heat!

Sounds good to me. I wonder if I can get a visa? :p

ReadyforSupper

That sounds great...but ever since Eddie left that pipeline, he swore he'd never go back to "cold like that", lol.

Majik Imaje

I am laughing so hard.. (sorry) I hate the cold - In New England !

I took my Eskimo Bride back to Boston. This woman had spent her entire life in the arctic.

With her big Eskimo super warm parky - She froze @ Thirty Degrees Above Zero!

The Arctic is "super dry" The "cold" just gets on you - It never penetrates (clothing).

Up here - we can't use "Vaseline". The petrolatum evaporates quickly. Leaving a wax like coating that cracks and flakes off.

I will easily take 20 below zero up here over 30 above back east.

It is a very common sight in Anchorage - around colleges and schools to see Students walking outside in zero degrees wearing short cuts and shirts only.

iSong6:3

Brother, that was my question earlier. If someone from the arctic climate and life comes down some place like Boston in the summer, how do they fare? Not only is the temperature much higher than they're used to, the humidity compounds it. (I'm thinking of when I lived in LA and met someone from Scotland in the summertime. He was very red-faced and sweating profusely, about to have heatstroke.)

Also, their stomachs. No whale blubber, different foods. And their systems are used to overheating.

Just curious. :hat:

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you, David. 100%! During more than 20 years on the Canadian prairies, I found it far more pleasant at 20 or 30 below there than at 20 above on the East Coast. Dry cold sure beats moist cold. Ditto the dry heat in Arizona versus the moist heat in Louisiana.