Hiding Specific Forum Sections / Topics?

BlessedAssurance

Hi, I have a quick question.

I wondered if it is possible for a user to hide specific forum sections or topics from showing up in the "New Posts" search? For example, when I come on in the morning, I always like to view the new content that was posted since being away from the forum. I generally see about 10 pages of results and most of the time there are dozens of topics to sort through. If I wanted to hide all topics related to "games" as an example, is there a way to do this?

I know on the main page it is possible to use the drop down arrow to minimize or maximize a section, but is it possible to do so in the "New Posts" search?

It's okay if this isn't possible, but I thought I would ask! :) I'll admit I tend to stay in certain sections of the forum and not so much others, so it would be convenient to have a feature for this. Maybe if I "watch" the boards I am interested in, I could go to watched content and use it that way instead? I'm still learning how to navigate. :redface

Thank you for any help!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of any way to do that. But to be honest, I don't use the "new posts" area so there may be a way to do it. I just don't know how to do that though. :idunno

TheRedeemed

If you go to the new posts link, there is a filter available where you can set to only see unread items.

Not sure if this will resolve what you’re after, but it will limit what you see between visits.