Hi there....

iwilltrustintheLord

hello to all, well i'm thinking in my older age i might be older than most here but i'm still on the earth, living for Jesus at 64, which i ask for any prayer warriors that might have it in them to pray for me and to ask for God's mercy towards me and grace. I must have thought of Jesus every minute of every day of my life but i wasn't totally committed to obey him and h is word. Being alone and single all these years i can thank the alone life for me cracking up. God has done miracles in my life and from watching nerar death experiences on you tube those have helped me come to my senses. And a minister told me to read the gospel of john.

there, the lord's word in john 15 revealed to me where i went wrong. I just hope Hebrews chapter 6:4-6 is not a part of my life. those are warnings....as of today, i don't have the fire i wonce had when i was a young believer but i'm getting back to that. I read the entire book of john, all of ephesians, and i'm now on chapter 9 of Hebrews. I live all my life looking for a good girlfriend, but never round one. in and out of church, hardly committed. these days i dont care about finding anyone but to be close to my lord Jesus. to be pleaseing unto him and i can say with all honesty, i am free, and will never be half committed. Sure, the single life can destroy us if we're not careful because after all, god says that it's good that man be not alone.

i'm happy alone. i have my black lab, i have fishing and i'm hoping to be moving to Lewiston, Idaho soon. Thank you for praying for me and i will continue to seek God. We are right there, ready to go in the rapture. There hasn't been a day im not aware of the cesspool this country is in. Israel, Iran, China, all new leaders or at least the US which has no leader. The most filthy corrupted souls on the planet run the US. but i just want to fall in love with Jesus and to be used of him again. I pray, jesus keeps me in his love.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Rapture Forums, brother. You'll find that while you may be older, you're nowhere near the oldest. I won't out any others here, but I'll squeal on myself: next month I'll be 77.

Age has nothing to do with service. After retiring from a lifelong career in broadcasting I was ordained at 67 and have been serving as a pastor and preacher ever since. So, keep on loving the Lord with all of your being and seeking to serve Him. Some men can serve the Lord better when single than when married. Whatever they may not receive in this life they will be more than compensated for in the next. And unlike this life, the next one will never end; so what you receive in rewards will last forever! Glory to God!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

TheRedeemed

hello to all, well i'm thinking in my older age i might be older than most here but i'm still on the earth, living for Jesus at 64, which i ask for any prayer warriors that might have it in them to pray for me and to ask for God's mercy towards me and grace. I must have thought of Jesus every minute of every day of my life but i wasn't totally committed to obey him and h is word. Being alone and single all these years i can thank the alone life for me cracking up. God has done miracles in my life and from watching nerar death experiences on you tube those have helped me come to my senses. And a minister told me to read the gospel of john.

there, the lord's word in john 15 revealed to me where i went wrong. I just hope Hebrews chapter 6:4-6 is not a part of my life. those are warnings....as of today, i don't have the fire i wonce had when i was a young believer but i'm getting back to that. I read the entire book of john, all of ephesians, and i'm now on chapter 9 of Hebrews. I live all my life looking for a good girlfriend, but never round one. in and out of church, hardly committed. these days i dont care about finding anyone but to be close to my lord Jesus. to be pleaseing unto him and i can say with all honesty, i am free, and will never be half committed. Sure, the single life can destroy us if we're not careful because after all, god says that it's good that man be not alone.

i'm happy alone. i have my black lab, i have fishing and i'm hoping to be moving to Lewiston, Idaho soon. Thank you for praying for me and i will continue to seek God. We are right there, ready to go in the rapture. There hasn't been a day im not aware of the cesspool this country is in. Israel, Iran, China, all new leaders or at least the US which has no leader. The most filthy corrupted souls on the planet run the US. but i just want to fall in love with Jesus and to be used of him again. I pray, jesus keeps me in his love.
Welcome aboard @iwilltrustintheLord :)

I am more or less the same description as you gave for yourself, and eventually found the truth after much searching and pondering this life and the next.

Being a single man is good sometimes too, I can spend more time with the Lord and in His word than perhaps I would be able to if I were attached and had children etc.

No spring chicken here either, next month I enter my 60's!

Welcome to Rapture Forums, brother. You'll find that while you may be older, you're nowhere near the oldest. I won't out any others here, but I'll squeal on myself: next month I'll be 77.

Age has nothing to do with service. After retiring from a lifelong career in broadcasting I was ordained at 67 and have been serving as a pastor and preacher ever since. So, keep on loving the Lord with all of your being and seeking to serve Him. Some men can serve the Lord better when single than when married. Whatever they may not receive in this life they will be more than compensated for in the next. And unlike this life, the next one will never end; so what you receive in rewards will last forever! Glory to God!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

Thank you for reminding us that single/age means nothing in our walk with Christ. Everything on God's perfect timing including when He brings us to a saving knowledge, we don't have to be children or teenagers and live a long life to get our salvation, we can be saved in our 90's if it's the Lord's will.

iwilltrustintheLord

i was born again at 22. in and out of church, after i thought i was going to so. africa, for missions, i remember
standing in a room and felt that it was God who impressed upon me....with these words..."Satan is going to try and stop you from
going" i asked God, but you are my God, if i'm going i need your help. weeks later, i lost a job. didn't have enough money and the church
i was attending told me that they'll send me to hawaii, but they arn't sending me to so. africa.

I remember having dreams that i was in africa, and so this let down shipwrecked my faith and i went all down hill after that.
came back to the Lord once, when getting involved with operation rescue but later fell back to my old carnal nature. Today, this carnal nature
is dead. I'm still rough, and Need the Lord's help to stop swearing. i can hit a pot hole in the street and it sends me off. i hate going over them.

i remember going down town in san jose, CA, with our evangelist team, where we would share Jesus with people
on friday nights. Some of the near death experiences on you tube are pretty powerful. I'm glad i saw them. Hope
you all have a good day

Andy C

64? Thats not old, and I should know because Im also 64. Even at this age, I still feel young at heart, and others will tell you Im “child like”…. :biggrin

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
:welcome So glad you are here with us! :)

I just hope Hebrews chapter 6:4-6 is not a part of my life....

This might be a helpful article to put your mind at rest about this passage:

https://gracethrufaith.com/topical-studies/eternal-security/osas-the-whole-story/

Here's the section of this article (it's a bit long) that addresses this:

Hebrews 6:4-6 is a passage often cited in opposition to Eternal Security. The entire letter is to Jewish believers who are being enticed back into keeping the Law, so the context is New Covenant vs. Old. And in verse 9 the writer hints that he’s been talking about things that accompany salvation. That tells us that verses 4-6 are not related to salvation but things that accompany it. More importantly, the idea that a believer could do something to irretrievably lose his salvation is in direct contradiction to the very clear promise that the Holy Spirit is sealed within us from the very first moment of belief until the day of redemption.

So what could these believers be in danger of falling away from due to their sins? Fellowship. And what could prevent them from being restored? The practice of Old Covenant remedies for sin rather than invoking 1 John 1:9. They’d be relegating the death of the Lord to the same status as that of the twice-daily lamb. The Law was only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. Once the Reality appeared, the shadow was no longer effective. And what would be their penalty? Living a defeated life, bearing no fruit, all their works burned in the judgment of 1 Cor. 3. But still saved? Yes. Hebrews 6:4-6 is a Fellowship passage.

Suppose There Is No Security?​

In closing, let’s look at the alternative. What are we faced with? If Hebrews 6:4-6 for example applies to our salvation then if we ever sin after being saved we’ll be lost forever with no way back, because the Lord would have to be crucified all over again to retrieve us. The New Covenant would be worse than the Old, not better. They were condemned for their actions. According to Matt. 5, we’d be condemned for our thoughts. They couldn’t murder. We couldn’t even be angry. They couldn’t commit adultery. We couldn’t even have a lustful thought. Think of it. No anger, ever. No lust, ever. No envy, ever. No idolatry, ever. No favoritism or discrimination, ever. No impure thoughts or deeds of any kind, ever. Is this the Good News, the incomparable riches of His Grace? Did God become man and die the most painful death ever devised only to put His children into an even more untenable position than before? Are we saved by grace only to be placed under the constraints of an even more severely administered law? I can’t believe so.

Some take a more moderate view of this saying that God would never take back the gift of salvation, but that we can return it. To justify this position they have to put words in the Lord’s mouth. When He says in John 10:28, “No one can snatch them out of my hand,” they have to insert the phrase “but us” after “no one”. Same with Romans 8:38-39.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. They have to insert the phrase “but us” after “in all creation”.

iwilltrustintheLord

i don't think these verses are an opposition to eternal security, there is eternal security
but it's a warning, just as hebrews 3, 10:26. The prodigal son says, this son of mine was lost and has come to life "AGAIN"
again means, that because of the son coming to his senses, which i believe is what i have done....is alive again. so if a person
has become alive again, i think it shows that in his or her carnal state of walking away from god, John 15, not abiding
not obeying his commandments lest at a certain time, the person will be burned.

the person must have had a very wounded spirit through the deceitfulness of sin. sin is a trick. i believe after some point in time in the midst of sin, god is patient, but i'm afraid that person would die lost. just look at judas, he did
all what he did on his own accord. we too can betray christ, through weakness, sorrow, lonliness, a host of
other things, adultry, fornication, God will give us time to repent and he is so long suffering. i could have died in my sin of
forication with a married woman because i was so lonely but there's more to just lonliness, it was a condition of my corrupted heart and mind. that is a state or standing with God that i would defenatley try to work out my salvation
in fear and trembling! But maybe my life is a testament that God's seal is for ever. we may limp into heaven but if i make it
im going to fall at jesus feet crying and thanking him for his life and that i am so sorry for not perservering
in order to be pleasing for the most part until Him. He calls us as friends, we need to obey to be his friend.
so easy to rebel when we think god hasnt lived up to his blessings and one of them is nobody wants to live this life alone
for 64 yrs or more. i could have been married twice, but chose not to. but the single life has almost destroyed me.

There are other verses, There no longer remains a sacrafice for sin seeing they put the son of god to open shame.

when you backlide your entire testamony is shot. Once you are no longer controlled by the spirit filled life
you will find yourself in problems. first it's falling from god's word, then worship, then fellowship. then once out of
church, you better come to your senses. Those videos on youtube about death or heaven experiences,
if you are in tune you will sense the powerful truths that these people have said. God is using them because
of his mercy, and grace, and goodness to reach others. but i appreciate the texts. Also another verse in John, the apostle paul says, bretheren, be careful not to fall away from the living God. how can one fall from grace if one wasn't
already in christ? he had to fall away from somethink? the prodical son is powerful, my son, has come to life AGAIN.

iwilltrustintheLord

64? Thats not old, and I should know because Im also 64. Even at this age, I still feel young at heart, and others will tell you Im “child like”…. :biggrin
i hope that I can soon get into an apt. where i'm wanting to move to so i can be fishing for steelhead and salmon again. looking to move to lewiston. clearwater river :) i'll have a happy life there. I just hope the apt. mgr calls me soon i want to be out of here at months end

madcat

Welcome to RF and you are not old! I have a few years “on you”. My doctor said something to me last week like “well at YOUR age———blah, blah! I almost told him not to insult his “grandmother“!
Even when my mom reached the age of 88, she said “I still feel like the same person I was at 25 in my head, but my body MOVED ON. Won’t it be great to get our forever-young bodies SOON !!!!!