Hey guys!

JustLikeHeaven

Hello! :heythereI just realized I never came here to do a meet and greet..so here goes! I’m Nicole. I’m 45 and live in Florida just outside of Orlando. I’ve been a Christian for 32 years and got saved and baptized when I was 13 and have been living for the Lord ever since. I love JESUS, music, and anything artistic - ballet, plays, museums, etc. I read a lot and study eschatology. I live a very quiet, simplistic life.

My mom had me at 16 and left me with my grandma who has always been my true mom, and the most amazing woman. I grew up in Daytona and got married at 22 (waaay too young), and divorced at 32. I’ve never known my dad. My birth mom passed away in 2009. My true mom (grandma) passed away last year from congestive heart failure, and to say it has been a struggle for me would be an understatement..you see, she was all I ever really had for family. But even during Covid, God made a way for me to be with her for the last 48 hours of her life in Hospice, when the hospital wouldn’t let me see her. It was always just me and her, so she passed the way she would have wanted-me and her, alone. I didn’t leave her side and held her hand the whole time I was there and was able to pray, read scripture, play peaceful Christian music, and help usher her peacefully into the presence of Heaven. God is so good to me, all the time, and He gently comforted me when she passed and sent me all the right people to get me through it and not feel alone. PRAISE GOD!

Anyhooooo, I was raised in church and I grew up singing in the youth and adult ensemble. I did some dancing/twirl and modeling in my teens. I became a professional singer for a while and got to do some really cool stuff for a while, singing for several groups and also an acapella Christmas caroling company. My ex husband and I led worship at our home church for 2 years, and then the church fell apart and I got divorced. After that, I moved to Orlando and continued a career in the admin/management field for a cosmetic plastic surgery practice. I worked there for 8 years and just recently left my job because God had been calling me out of the medical field, and back into ministry. So, I am currently unemployed, waiting for God to order my next steps, which I believe is going to be in full-time ministry with the love of my life. He is the creative manager/graphic designer at our church and owns his own business, too…and now, I just need the ring! :rolleyes: LOL! He and his whole family are ordained ministers so I would be marrying into the most amazing family of believers. I love my Lord and trust Him to fully provide for me during this uncertain time in my life, as I’ve never been jobless. Things are starting to come together. AMEN! Please pray for me. Thank you! :inlove

Well, enough about me….tell me about YOU! :D

Last edited:

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Hello! :heythereI just realized I never came here to do a meet and greet..so here goes! I’m Nicole. I’m 45 and live in Florida just outside of Orlando. I’ve been a Christian for 32 years and got saved and baptized when I was 13 and have been living for the Lord ever since. I love JESUS, music, and anything artistic - ballet, plays, love music, museums, etc. I read a lot and study eschatology. I live a very quiet, simplistic life.

My mom had me at 16 and left me with my grandma who has always been my true mom, and the most amazing woman. I grew up in Daytona and got married at 22 (waaay too young), and divorced at 32. I’ve never known my dad. My birth mom passed away in 2009. My true mom (grandma) passed away last year from congestive heart failure, and to say it has been a struggle for me would be an understatement..you see, she was all I ever really had for family. But even during Covid, God made a way for me to be with her for the last 48 hours of her life in Hospice, when the hospital wouldn’t let me see her. It was always just me and her, so she passed the way she would have wanted-me and her, alone. I didn’t leave her side and held her hand the whole time I was there and was able to pray, read scripture, play peaceful Christian music, and help usher her peacefully into the presence of Heaven. God is so good to me, all the time, and He gently comforted me when she passed and sent me all the right people to get me through it and not feel alone. PRAISE GOD!

Anyhooooo, I was raised in church and I grew up singing in the youth and adult ensemble. I did some dancing/twirl and modeling in my teens. I got to become a professional singer and got to do some really cool stuff for a while, singing for several groups and also a Christmas caroling company. My ex husband and I led worship at our home church for 2 years, and then the church fell apart and I got divorced. After that, I moved to Orlando and continued a career in the admin/management field for a cosmetic plastic surgery practice. I worked there for 8 years and just recently left my job because God has been calling me out of the medical field, and back into ministry. So, I am currently unemployed, waiting for God to order my next steps, which I believe is going to be in full-time ministry with the love of my life. He is the creative manager/graphic designer at our church and owns his own business, too…and now, I just need the ring! :rolleyes: LOL! He and his whole family are ordained ministers so I would be marrying into the most amazing family of believers. I love my Lord and trust Him to fully provide for me during this uncertain time in my life, as I’ve never been jobless. Things are starting to come together. AMEN! Please pray for me. Thank you! :inlove

Well, enough about me….tell me about YOU! :D
Nice to meet you @JustLikeHeaven !!! I'm Musician for Jesus or M4J for short. Happy you've come to fellowship with us!:ring I'm so sorry for everything you went through :( praying the good Lord shows you the right direction your looking for :) I'm super cool to see another Christan here who loves Jesus and music! What kind of music do you like? And do you play any instruments? I'm wanting to use my music as a ministry for the lord.

Last edited:

JustLikeHeaven

Nice to meet you @JustLikeHeaven !!! I'm Musician for Jesus or M4J for short. I'm so sorry for everything you went through :( praying the good Lord shows you the right direction your looking for :) I'm super glad to see another Christan here who loves Jesus and music! What kind of music do you like? And do you play any instruments? I'm wanting to use my music as a ministry for the lord.
HELLO! Thank you.. I wouldn’t change a thing in my life, for it made me who I am today and has given me the life I’m loving presently! So nice to meet you and a fellow music lover! I’ll call you MJ. Are you male or female?

I don’t play any instruments, sadly. I took piano when I was a teen for about a month and gave up. LOL! I love all types of music except I’m not a fan of country too much..or heavy metal. I’m a worshipper so I love any kind of worship music..Harvest Bashta one of my faves. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE JAZZ!!! *heart eyes* It’s my absolute all-time favorite..and anything CHRISTMAS! :hyper

So cool! That’s truly amazing to possess musical gifts. You should definitely do that! What kind of music do you like? What instruments do you play? Do you sing?

Last edited:

Musician 4 Jesus

HELLO! Thank you.. I wouldn’t change a thing in my life, for it made me who I am today and has given me the life I’m loving presently! So nice to meet you and a fellow music lover! I’ll call you MJ. Are you male or female?
Definitely everything that happens in our life makes us who we are!
And i'm of the female persuasion :lol:lol:lol
I don’t play any instruments, sadly. I took piano when I was a teen for about a month and gave up. LOL! love all types of music except I’m not a fan of country too much..or heavy metal. LOL!
I love blues Rock.christan Rock. Classic rock (as long as it's clean and decent) Gospel. Classical music applied to the electric guitar.
And of course classical music in general. Some Christan metal but not like heavy screaming metal. More like whitecross where it's not screaming but mostly heavy guitar work. And contemporary as well as hymns. So really I'm a who mix lolol but love my Christan rock! If ya couldn't tell already lolol

I’m a worshipper so I love any kind of worship music..Harvest Bashta one of my faves. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE JAZZ!!! *heart eyes* It’s my absolute all-time favorite..and anything CHRISTMAS! :hyper
Awesome! I live all different kinds of music as I have listened above lol
So cool! That’s truly amazing to possess musical gifts. You should definitely do that! What kind of music do you like? What instruments do you play? Do you sing?
Well I believe I listed all my favorite kinda above lolol there's probably more unforgotten to add lolol . Well I play electric guitar mostly and acoustic guitar as well. I am able to play bass but don't play that much as I got rid of my last one lol. I play keyboard and piano. Harmonica. And I sing. Now on the singing I mostly song gospel and slow rock. (Again as long as it's clean and decent :lol) I made a thread a bit back for musicians you should check it out!

JustLikeHeaven

Definitely everything that happens in our life makes us who we are!
And i'm of the female persuasion :lol:lol:lol

I love blues Rock.christan Rock. Classic rock (as long as it's clean and decent) Gospel. Classical music applied to the electric guitar.
And of course classical music in general. Some Christan metal but not like heavy screaming metal. More like whitecross where it's not screaming but mostly heavy guitar work. And contemporary as well as hymns. So really I'm a who mix lolol but love my Christan rock! If ya couldn't tell already lolol

Awesome! I live all different kinds of music as I have listened above lol

Well I believe I listed all my favorite kinda above lolol there's probably more unforgotten to add lolol . Well I play electric guitar mostly and acoustic guitar as well. I am able to play bass but don't play that much as I got rid of my last one lol. I play keyboard and piano. Harmonica. And I sing. Now on the singing I mostly song gospel and slow rock. (Again as long as it's clean and decent :lol) I made a thread a bit back for musicians you should check it out!
WOWWIE!! You are so talented! That’s incredible! Kudos to you. My bf is a musician and plays 4 instruments and I just don’t know how he does it. :oops:

Yeah, I’m careful about how I present myself too. Everything I listen to NOW (emphasis on the now part lol) is clean. I have scaled back my music library for that reason. Did you used to like Stryper too? Haha!! My first love absolutely loved the song “honestly” and would play it constantly! He loved all the heavy metal and grunge but I just thought it was a bit dark for me at the time. I’ve grown to appreciate different genres and feel like I am so diversified. I bet you do too!

I’m DEF gonna be a singer and ballet dancer in Heaven! Maybe even a concert pianist. LOL!

So cool! I’ll have to check out that thread!!!

Musician 4 Jesus

WOWWIE!! You are so talented! That’s incredible! Kudos to you. My bf is a musician and plays 4 instruments and I just don’t know how he does it. :oops:
Lolol thank you! Although it's not me to praise for it. . It's the good Lord he's the one who gave me the gifts in the first place! And I'm super thankful for them! I've been playing for about 2 or 3 years and singing for about a year. I'm super thankful for the gifts he has given me.....as I've said that twice already lolol
Yeah, I’m careful about how I present myself too. Everything I listen to NOW (emphasis on the now part lol) is clean. I have scaled back my music library for that reason.
Yes I fully understand that and totally agree! It's hard to let go of Alot of music just because it sounds good buuuuut that's also how the devil will get to you sometimes.

What are some of your favorite Christan and secular bands?
Did you used to like Stryper too? Haha!! My first love absolutely loved the song “honestly” and would play it constantly! He loved all the heavy metal and grunge but I just thought it was a bit dark for me at the time.
Hahahaha nooooo I could never stand stryper. I mean I've tried to get into them before and listen to them but I just never could something about them just never set right with me for some reason.

I'm more of the petra and Whitecross kinda person.
I’ve grown to appreciate different genres and feel like I am so diversified. I bet you do too!
Same here! I mean I love my Christian rock and classic rock gospel etc but there's alot of different kinds of music I like too even a tad bit if country depending lol. And a little of today's Christan music too like crowder and mercy me.
I’m DEF gonna be a singer and ballet dancer in Heaven! Maybe even a concert pianist. LOL!
I always told everyone I wanna meet David when we get to heaven so I can play and sing with him!
I've always wanted to try and Dance.....buuut I'm very clumsy haha

seated with Christ

Hello, JustLikeHeaven, I want to warmly welcome to the board, my one year anniversary is today and I am so thankful the Lord led me here, after I had said to myself, more message boards.

I my Christian years, I have been thankful that I had the most unnurturing, unloving mother. It definitely changed me to the better. It made me everything my mother was not. I have been beaten down by life and I believe it was for God's purpose.

As for Jazz, I like it for a few minutes then I had enough. :gaah :hairout Sorry to talk about your genre like that, just being honest here.

As for as instruments, I always wanted to play the piano, but didn't. I like the steel guitar a lot.

Music? Chariots of Fire pushes my delight button, done my the master though, not later versions.

I like Classical if it is not depressing to me. Some pop and Oldies.

You are so welcomed her, really. :)

JustLikeHeaven

Lolol thank you! Although it's not me to praise for it. . It's the good Lord he's the one who gave me the gifts in the first place! And I'm super thankful for them! I've been playing for about 2 or 3 years and singing for about a year. I'm super thankful for the gifts he has given me.....as I've said that twice already lolol

Yes I fully understand that and totally agree! It's hard to let go of Alot of music just because it sounds good buuuuut that's also how the devil will get to you sometimes.

What are some of your favorite Christan and secular bands?

Hahahaha nooooo I could never stand stryper. I mean I've tried to get into them before and listen to them but I just never could something about them just never set right with me for some reason.

I'm more of the petra and Whitecross kinda person.

Same here! I mean I love my Christian rock and classic rock gospel etc but there's alot of different kinds of music I like too even a tad bit if country depending lol. And a little of today's Christan music too like crowder and mercy me.

I always told everyone I wanna meet David when we get to heaven so I can play and sing with him!
I've always wanted to try and Dance.....buuut I'm very clumsy haha
Keep honing your craft! God will definitely bless it!

Wouldn’t it be so cool to meet David?! Can’t wait! I want to meet Peter too, because I think I’m most like him.. lovin’ the Lord, with a little sass lol

JustLikeHeaven

Hello, JustLikeHeaven, I want to warmly welcome to the board, my one year anniversary is today and I am so thankful the Lord led me here, after I had said to myself, more message boards.

I my Christian years, I have been thankful that I had the most unnurturing, unloving mother. It definitely changed me to the better. It made me everything my mother was not. I have been beaten down by life and I believe it was for God's purpose.

As for Jazz, I like it for a few minutes then I had enough. :gaah :hairout Sorry to talk about your genre like that, just being honest here.

As for as instruments, I always wanted to play the piano, but didn't. I like the steel guitar a lot.

Music? Chariots of Fire pushes my delight button, done my the master though, not later versions.

I like Classical if it is not depressing to me. Some pop and Oldies.

You are so welcomed her, really. :)
Thank you so much! Happy anniversary! That was so sweet of you to say all of that. Nice to meet you! You can call me Nicole. :)

So sorry you had a rough family life. I know you will be blessed for it in Heaven!

It’s ok you don’t like jazz…music is amazing that way. Everyone loves it, not everyone likes the same kind, but it’s universal and unifying!

Classical music is awesome. I love it too. I agree it can be a little bit of a downer for me too, so I have to be in a very specific type of mood for it…like, if I’m on a period film kick, shopping somewhere posh, at the library/book store, or at Panera.. lol :D (I’m silly and a bit of a jokester FYI)

JustLikeHeaven

Nicole, you are going to have amazing support here in prayer, counseling and friendship, I do.!

I'll be a musician in heaven, playing Mozart expertly. :)
Thank you. I’m here to support everyone myself, so if anyone ever needs anything, prayer or just someone to listen to, I’m your girl!

Yesssss!!! Awesome! Me too..and a singer..and ballerina lol

kathymendel

Sadly, I never learned to play an instrument, but in my younger days I loved to sing, and I sounded pretty good.
Now that I'm older, I can't reach some of the notes and my voice nsqueaks and cracks at times.....it's kinda sad.

But, I can't wait to get to heaven and sing gloriously to my Lord once again.......... man, am I looking forward to that day!!!
And, to know that I will sing beautifully for eternity????? Awesome. May that day come very soon!!!!! Please, Lord?