Help to Witness in Accounting Class

cheeky200386

I'm taking a Business Law for my Accounting Certificate. I have been asking God to open an opportunity to share the Gospel and plant seeds in any way. The class is online but there is a discussion section we complete every week. This is the final week and it looks like there is a question that hits home for us Bible Prophecy students. This is the question:

Do you think that the international systems work? Should there be a unified or standard judicial and monetary system? What are some of the pros and cons of a unified system and the current international? If so, whose or what legal and/or monetary system should be used?

We have to use authoritative sources with citations in our responses. I want to use the Bible in this answer but I'm trying to figure out the best way to respond. I support sovereign nations because that's what God ordained to prevent the Tower of Babel incident from happening again. However, I also know prophecy will be fulfilled and the AC will rise to power. The USA will not be able to stop it. In response to the final question, I'm not sure any one country should be in charge legally or monetarily. I'm just struggling to respond to this in a biblical fashion. I do have issue with Islamic and Dictator countries that persecute and abuse their citizens. In essence I see the problem with complete national sovereignty.

Any suggestions on bible verses to use or articles I should read for citations and quotes? Thank you guys!

Last edited:

cheeky200386

This is what I've written for my draft so far:

There should not be a unified or global standard judicial and monetary system. Nations should retain their sovereignty. As a Christian, I would love to see a unified judicial system that abides by God's laws but that will not happen until Jesus Christ returns and sets up his kingdom. Until then, there is no country that is free of corruption. As the English Politician, John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton, once said; "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." By maintaining independent nations, the risk of centralization of power and control is decreased.

I can't help but talk about Jesus Christ. lol

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Is this a Christian University or a secular University? Hopefully an accounting professor would tend to have more of a conservative world-view but nothing would surprise me anymore. If it is a secular University I don't even know if they would accept the Bible as an authoritative source anymore. Just some thoughts off of the top of my head. I will think about this some more. I don't want to discourage you at all but this can be a TRICKY situation to discern.

cheeky200386

Is this a Christian University or a secular University? Hopefully an accounting professor would tend to have more of a conservative world-view but nothing would surprise me anymore. If it is a secular University I don't even know if they would accept the Bible as an authoritative source anymore. Just some thoughts off of the top of my head. I will think about this some more. I don't want to discourage you at all but this can be a TRICKY situation to discern.

It's a Catholic University but in MA which is very liberal. I don't care if they don't see it as an authoritative source because it is. I am prepared to argue that anyway. I want a good grade but more importantly, I want to redeem every opportunity.

Last edited:

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
How did this go? I tried to come up with some ideas but came up empty every time I thought about it, sorry. But no worries, I know God is good.

cheeky200386

How did this go? I tried to come up with some ideas but came up empty every time I thought about it, sorry. But no worries, I know God is good.

I just spoke about the cons of a global unity because of counties that have conflicting views. I put that the best option would be a Christian one because of the values it promotes. I left it more general. I got an A on it. I gave examples of Christian nations like Hungary and Poland being condemned by the EU for not allowing Muslim immigrants to enter.

Back