Hello

Ransomed

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I suppose you could say I'm a new believer, but I'm not new to faith. I'm 28, going on 29. I was raised in the Catholic religion. Around ages 12-13, I read the Bible quite a lot. No one made me read the Bible at that age. It wasn't for CCD classes or anything like that. I just felt the inclination. I mostly overlooked the Old Testament (except the Psalms, which I always liked), because I didn't really understand its significance very much. But I definitely devoured the New Testament. I considered myself a committed Christian. I considered myself saved solely through faith, and I knew Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

It all starting trending downward when I was 14, as I started to discover Catholicism. This came mostly through the internet. Even as I attended Catholic masses weekly, I didn't fully appreciate the implications of the Catholic teaching (particularly vis-a-vis salvation) until I actually read about it. Long story short--as I was contemplating a theology that departs from grace and centralizes works and rituals, and also undergoing the temptations a 14 year old is faced with--I convinced myself that God doesn't exist.

So I became an atheist. I embraced many very bad arguments for atheism. I never had a sound foundation in the Bible as the basis for creation. Indeed, I learned from my own father that he was taught evolution in Catholic school.

I have spent the past 14 years of my life as an atheist. Indeed... until now! Slowly, my atheism was chiseled away at. For years, even as an atheist, I recognized the impossibility of ascribing consciousness solely to material processes. I just didn't see God for who He really is just yet.

Then it was like all the dots were connected for me. I realized God is love!

For my job, I have a desk drawer which I use to store sensitive documents. It's secured by a set of two identical brass keys joined together by a single link. I had affixed this to my keychain. One day this past fall, I noticed the keys were missing. I didn't lose my keychain - just those particular keys. I looked all over for them, and could not imagine how I'd lost them. I was distressed about this for some time. Eventually, I notified my supervisor, and was given a replacement set.

I didn't start believing in God again until after this incident. Not until the very end of December 2018. So this past January, as I was growing again in Christian faith, I began to purchase many books. One of the books I bought online was "Eternal Security" by Dr. Charles Stanley. That arrived a few days later, and I opened it right up and started reading. I began with the segment about "for those who stop believing" and was persuaded by Dr. Stanley's arguments. In my haste, I didn't even examine the book itself until later. When I did, it immediately clicked. The cover of the book is a padlock! No, I did not even notice this when I bought the book online or before I started reading it. I knew immediately what God was telling me! :) That is - I'm a child of God. Now and forever. I just makes sense that it was by an act of God that those keys disappeared, because it makes no sense any other way. :) I see now that Jesus relentlessly pursued me and snatched me right back into His arms even when I was NOT looking for Him! :)

So, even though it hasn't been very long, I see that God has very quickly restored me. I have been shown just how flawed evolution is (indeed, it's a wonder that people--myself included-fall for it). I've become involved in a local church (Pentecostal) that I feel God has been directing me towards. And I've already gotten the chance to know so many people, including the pastor.

Ransomed

:waveWelcome to RF, glad you have joined us. I was born into RCC and have been set free by our wonderful Savior!
How did you find us ?
Not sure when I first became aware of the forum's existence. I remember reading Rapture Ready forums on occasion many years back. I wasn't a believer at that time, but I guess I was intrigued on some level by the doctrine of the rapture and those who subscribed to it. Certainly never imagined I would ever be in the same camp - but here I am, awaiting my Savior. :)

SonSeeker

:welcome2to RF, Ransomed! There seem to be quite a few of what I call "recovering catholics" here at RF. Yep, that includes me, too.
This is a great place to learn more about our Savior, live the Christian life while awaiting the Rapture,, love the way Jesus loves us, and occasionally laugh a little.
And, all without commercial interruption!!

Judy4Jesus

:welcome2to RF, Ransomed! There seem to be quite a few of what I call "recovering catholics" here at RF. Yep, that includes me, too.
This is a great place to learn more about our Savior, live the Christian life while awaiting the Rapture,, love the way Jesus loves us, and occasionally laugh a little.
And, all without commercial interruption!!
I am also "recovering Catholic"! Welcome Ransomed!