Hello

Tlross91

Hello

I wanted to say ‘hi’ as a new member. My name is Lane, I am 27 years old and live in Arkansas. While I haven’t joined in all these years, I have lurked on this forum (and Rapture Ready) for many years, probably starting around 2008-09. I can’t remember which site I found first, but I do seem to recall RR seemed to have much more traffic several years ago.

I was saved around age 12-13 and due to our pastor’s interest in end times prophecy (coincidentally and thankfully he preached the pre-tribulation rapture) I developed a deep interest in prophecy. Despite much study and a belief in the prophecies of the Bible, due to a specific sin in my life I have fallen away from my relationship with my savior and returned several times and am currently longing to re-establish that most important of relationships. NEVER, even at my lowest, have any doubts of the Bible’s truth and my savior’s truth entered my mind, but ignorantly I have let the world in and bring me to practically a state of ruin, spiritually. Quite frankly it is if I am flailing in the water now,and quickly (not slowly!) drowning. It is beyond a doubt that what I struggle with is completely against God, yet it appears I have made certain choices that have put me in a place that there seems to be no coming back from.

Please let me convey to all the wonderful members on this board that you all have been an amazing encouragement. I have witnessed many conversations about prophecy, current events, natural disasters, and many other things as well as read your encouraging and biblical words to one another and this has been a great encouragement to myself. Thank y’all, so so much for demonstrating the truth and the love of the saviour. I am positive that you have won many souls to Christ, whether you are aware of them in this life or you meet them in heaven.

It is absolutely amazing to look back and remember the many, many, MANY prophecy-related events and happenings, as well as the monumental shift for the absolute worst our culture has taken since I first found this site. From monumental natural disasters to political happenings and politics on the local and worldwide stage to even the values our culture seem to hold dear as well as nearly everything that happens in our culture, it would appear as though the birth pangs are *nearly* constant with almost no ‘lull’ separating them. It seems I recall a time in which a big event would happen and there would be many months or years in which another would come across my radar screen. Now it is as if they happen constantly! If I were living a victorious Christian life and had a close realationship to Jesus I would say that despite the horrors, it was an amazing and exciting time to be alive. For where I am at, though, it is simply scary and oppressive and the feeling something will happen ‘soon’ (soon as in soon, not referring to any particular length of time) is practically tangible. I really fear that if I do not get my ‘house in order’ I will be discovering just how horrific the tribulation will be.

I finally joined because I want to rediscover Jesus and change my life and live as an example for my family and others to bring them to Christ. I simply do not know how to crawl out of the hole I have dug for myself and even where to begin. It would appear that even here in the Bible Belt true believers are few and far between, and it is guidance and counseling and fellowship that I seek.

Thank you for reading my long winded post.
Lane

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This popped in my head while reading your post. Welcome brother. :)

Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love
31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”)37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8

One thing I know is God loves us. He loves us too much to let us stay where we are at and HE works in such a way as to gradually allow the new creation we are to emerge. You are his and nothing can take you away from Him.

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

John 10:28-30

I love these scriptures because they give me God's complete assurance that He loves me, even in the midst of trouble....even in the midst of correction. This truth and very confidence has been my own strength, and I pray that this becomes rooted in you as well.

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

Hello

I wanted to say ‘hi’ as a new member. My name is Lane, I am 27 years old and live in Arkansas. While I haven’t joined in all these years, I have lurked on this forum (and Rapture Ready) for many years, probably starting around 2008-09. I can’t remember which site I found first, but I do seem to recall RR seemed to have much more traffic several years ago.

I was saved around age 12-13 and due to our pastor’s interest in end times prophecy (coincidentally and thankfully he preached the pre-tribulation rapture) I developed a deep interest in prophecy. Despite much study and a belief in the prophecies of the Bible, due to a specific sin in my life I have fallen away from my relationship with my savior and returned several times and am currently longing to re-establish that most important of relationships. NEVER, even at my lowest, have any doubts of the Bible’s truth and my savior’s truth entered my mind, but ignorantly I have let the world in and bring me to practically a state of ruin, spiritually. Quite frankly it is if I am flailing in the water now,and quickly (not slowly!) drowning. It is beyond a doubt that what I struggle with is completely against God, yet it appears I have made certain choices that have put me in a place that there seems to be no coming back from.

Please let me convey to all the wonderful members on this board that you all have been an amazing encouragement. I have witnessed many conversations about prophecy, current events, natural disasters, and many other things as well as read your encouraging and biblical words to one another and this has been a great encouragement to myself. Thank y’all, so so much for demonstrating the truth and the love of the saviour. I am positive that you have won many souls to Christ, whether you are aware of them in this life or you meet them in heaven.

It is absolutely amazing to look back and remember the many, many, MANY prophecy-related events and happenings, as well as the monumental shift for the absolute worst our culture has taken since I first found this site. From monumental natural disasters to political happenings and politics on the local and worldwide stage to even the values our culture seem to hold dear as well as nearly everything that happens in our culture, it would appear as though the birth pangs are *nearly* constant with almost no ‘lull’ separating them. It seems I recall a time in which a big event would happen and there would be many months or years in which another would come across my radar screen. Now it is as if they happen constantly! If I were living a victorious Christian life and had a close realationship to Jesus I would say that despite the horrors, it was an amazing and exciting time to be alive. For where I am at, though, it is simply scary and oppressive and the feeling something will happen ‘soon’ (soon as in soon, not referring to any particular length of time) is practically tangible. I really fear that if I do not get my ‘house in order’ I will be discovering just how horrific the tribulation will be.

I finally joined because I want to rediscover Jesus and change my life and live as an example for my family and others to bring them to Christ. I simply do not know how to crawl out of the hole I have dug for myself and even where to begin. It would appear that even here in the Bible Belt true believers are few and far between, and it is guidance and counseling and fellowship that I seek.

Lane
Hi Lane,

I’ve only just joined this site myself after a few years of being an occasional ‘lurker’. I felt a real excitement reading your post - I think God’s hand has been on your life more than you know, and you look to be coming through the battles you’ve faced good and strong. Your heart wouldn’t be where it is now if God hadn’t been drawing you to Himself.

These are indeed exciting times prophetically to live in, and if ever there was a time to jump into the things of God with both feet - now is it!! But it is not easy - the battle is fierce. My heart is so full of encouragement for you - I don’t really know how to convey it...There was quite a long period in my life where the only ‘right’ part of my life appeared to be a fairly desperate silent cry in my heart of “God - don’t let me let go of You!”. It was black, bleak with no end in sight....The cause..it doesn’t matter really..because, looking back - as unpleasant as that time was..it was also the making of me. I can even say now I am grateful to God for that time. God did something in me, and in my relationship with Him which no man or devil can ever take from me.

It’s easy to be a ‘good Christian’ when everything is working out and going ok. It’s in those real tough places where the rubber hits the road. I personally believe the battles and situations we face are the very obstacles needed to refine us into His Image and make us fit for His use. And those battles and situations can look and be really messy and ugly. But to me, that is part of the beauty of the gospel...that as we are faithful to seek God, He meets with us in the midst of that mess..and crafts us into what He has called us to be.

Tlross91

This popped in my head while reading your post. Welcome brother. :)

Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love
31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”)37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8

One thing I know is God loves us. He loves us too much to let us stay where we are at and HE works in such a way as to gradually allow the new creation we are to emerge. You are his and nothing can take you away from Him.

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.”

John 10:28-30

I love these scriptures because they give me God's complete assurance that He loves me, even in the midst of trouble....even in the midst of correction. This truth and very confidence has been my own strength, and I pray that this becomes rooted in you as well.

Thank you for those verses.. I will definitely and have been meditating (biblical meditation) on these..

Tlross91

Hi Lane,

I’ve only just joined this site myself after a few years of being an occasional ‘lurker’. I felt a real excitement reading your post - I think God’s hand has been on your life more than you know, and you look to be coming through the battles you’ve faced good and strong. Your heart wouldn’t be where it is now if God hadn’t been drawing you to Himself.

These are indeed exciting times prophetically to live in, and if ever there was a time to jump into the things of God with both feet - now is it!! But it is not easy - the battle is fierce. My heart is so full of encouragement for you - I don’t really know how to convey it...There was quite a long period in my life where the only ‘right’ part of my life appeared to be a fairly desperate silent cry in my heart of “God - don’t let me let go of You!”. It was black, bleak with no end in sight....The cause..it doesn’t matter really..because, looking back - as unpleasant as that time was..it was also the making of me. I can even say now I am grateful to God for that time. God did something in me, and in my relationship with Him which no man or devil can ever take from me.

It’s easy to be a ‘good Christian’ when everything is working out and going ok. It’s in those real tough places where the rubber hits the road. I personally believe the battles and situations we face are the very obstacles needed to refine us into His Image and make us fit for His use. And those battles and situations can look and be really messy and ugly. But to me, that is part of the beauty of the gospel...that as we are faithful to seek God, He meets with us in the midst of that mess..and crafts us into what He has called us to be.
Thank you for this. This post meant a lot to me.

Brother Albert R.

Hello

Lane
Welcome and God Bless,
Brother Albert

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

Lane
Lane,
Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me and the mods who serve here.

Also, please remember that no matter what has happened in your life, Jesus is much bigger than the problems you have or that any of us have! He has overcome all of them and it appears to me that you are very sincere in your faith and concern of whatever it is that is bothering you. As a Christian there is nothing nothing that can separate you from the love of God. If there is a sin you are struggling with, just ask God to help you. If we confess our sins, He will forgive and forget. His mercies are new everyday!

You are at the right place and we will help you! I'm very happy you joined and look forward to our fellowship. Feel free to start a thread on whatever it is that is bothering you and we will help. :)

God bless.

MePlus6

Hello

Lane
Our stories are very similar. Welcome to the forum. I have to keep my nose in my Bible every night or the world tugs at me and it's strong. The Lord has been (and surprisingly continues to be despite not living right for most of my life) good to me.

It sounds like with you the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Same here. But I want to share two things with you, one of which someone here shared in a post somewhere the other day and it meant something to me:

Psalm 103 is a GREAT read. But verse 14 is the one I'm talking about (NLT because it helps me understand): "For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust."

God knows we're human. He also knows your heart. Would you even be here if you didn't have some of your heart bent toward the Lord?

The other thing I want to share is Romans 8:28. God works all things for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

ALL things. No matter what you've done, God is working it for YOUR good. How awesome is our God and how much does He love us? Enough to know us *personally*.

Sorry for the long post but your story reminds me so much of me that I had to ramble on a bit. There are so many good folks here who will help you grow and answer your questions.

greg64

Hi Lane, and welcome!

Just wanted to echo what so many have already said. Fortunately, for believers our eternal destiny is based on what He did, not on what we do. Praying for you in whatever challenges you're facing and might suggest a post in the prayer forum if/when you're ready to 'talk' about it.

SonSeeker

A belated :welcome2Lane! There's really not much I can add that hasn't already been said, but there's one item that needs to be stressed. Greg64 wrote, "our eternal destiny is based on what He did, not on what we do." Jesus somehow knew even while He was hanging on that terrible cross, that we would need Him to forgive us of all our sins. He took the weight of everyone's sins upon Himself in order to be the Perfect Sacrifice for all who would call on His Name that they might be saved! Jesus knows you, and all of us, better than we know ourselves. Will He forgive you? OF COURSE HE WILL!

You've got an army of brother and sisters on this forum who are ready and willing to help you in any area of your life, and all you gottta' do is ask.

Hey, you got a "welcome" from both of the Big Dogs! How cool is that??:thumbup