Hello, new here, struggling to come out of Catholicism

Autumn33

Hello everyone, I have come here hoping for Christian fellowship and support as I struggle to come out of Catholicism. To make a long story short, I became a Christian about 7 years ago, but about 4 years ago I moved to another state, and was not able to find a church where i felt at home. I started to feel very empty and felt like I was losing hope of ever finding the right church. To my own surprise I started to research Catholicism for about 3 years and thought that it made a lot of sense. Although it's been a tugawar in my mind and spirit the whole time of whether Christianity was true or Catholicism. I went fully through RCIA after quitting once before and I was recieved into the Catholic church on Easter of this year. The tugawar continues, I am very confused. I've studied, studied, and studied both sides.I have tried several times to leave Catholicism and go back to my roots spiritually but I feel pulled back to catholicism eventually each time, and( it is a strong spiritual pull which sometimes I wonder if it's demonic) but I am still never at peace for long, the Catholic religion often feels to me like bondage and like I will never be good enough. However I have not attended mass since the end of June. I've been trying to work it out with the Lord, but now also feel I need to reach out for help from Christians. I hope to come to the truth and be at peace, I also hope to make friends here. Thank you for reading my long post.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Welcome to Rapture Forums. We've got a section on the main site that has articles regarding Catholicism and the errors of this teaching. Here's the link:

The Roman Catholic Church - Roman Catholicism

I think you will find many members here who use to be Catholic that will provide a good deal of help as you move out of Catholicism and into Biblical Christianity. I am praying for you and I know for a fact that the RCC does hold people in physical and spiritual bondage about never knowing whether they are good enough to go to Heaven. The Bible clearly explains that we are saved by faith, not works, lest any man boast.

God bless you on your journey for the truth. We will be here to help you. :hug

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Hello everyone, I have come here hoping for Christian fellowship and support as I struggle to come out of Catholicism. To make a long story short, I became a Christian about 7 years ago, but about 4 years ago I moved to another state, and was not able to find a church where i felt at home. I started to feel very empty and felt like I was losing hope of ever finding the right church. To my own surprise I started to research Catholicism for about 3 years and thought that it made a lot of sense. Although it's been a tugawar in my mind and spirit the whole time of whether Christianity was true or Catholicism. I went fully through RCIA after quitting once before and I was recieved into the Catholic church on Easter of this year. The tugawar continues, I am very confused. I've studied, studied, and studied both sides.I have tried several times to leave Catholicism and go back to my roots spiritually but I feel pulled back to catholicism eventually each time, and( it is a strong spiritual pull which sometimes I wonder if it's demonic) but I am still never at peace for long, the Catholic religion often feels to me like bondage and like I will never be good enough. However I have not attended mass since the end of June. I've been trying to work it out with the Lord, but now also feel I need to reach out for help from Christians. I hope to come to the truth and be at peace, I also hope to make friends here. Thank you for reading my long post.
Welcome Autumn :hat:
What is it that you like so much about Catholicism?

Autumn33

thank you :wave As to what has drawn me to Catholicism in the past, It's hard to say exactly, I think it was many things. I thought it would bring me closer to Christ, but honestly I feel further away from Him alot of the time, it appears to be very beautiful and appeals to the senses, but in the end it just leads to feelings of emptiness and a feeling of never being able to hold up to all the demands. They seem to be able to have a good answer for everything, and make it seem as though they were the church that Jesus started, but i never feel a peace and assurity in my heart.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
The Bible talks about the current church age which has over the years been dominated by the RCC until the reformation. This is how Jesus described the church:

Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
The RCC looks appealing to the eye as it is wealthy, dressed nicely, sitting pretty, appears to be Christian though it preaches another Gospel than the one from the Bible. The message of the Bible is "grace thru faith" in Jesus Christ, whereas, the RCC teaches a "works based salvation" program that leads many to feel they have to "earn" their way to Heaven which no one can do. We have a Catholic Salvation Map that shows the many loops and twists Rome tries to hold people in physical and spiritual bondage. The Gospel was never intended to be that difficult. It's quite a doozy.

discusdog

Hello and welcome Autumn! Lots of good stuff here and wonderful people. I was baptised Catholic, raised by two alcoholic lesbians, and here I am! Praise the Lord!

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
thank you :wave As to what has drawn me to Catholicism in the past, It's hard to say exactly, I think it was many things. I thought it would bring me closer to Christ, but honestly I feel further away from Him alot of the time, it appears to be very beautiful and appeals to the senses, but in the end it just leads to feelings of emptiness and a feeling of never being able to hold up to all the demands. They seem to be able to have a good answer for everything, and make it seem as though they were the church that Jesus started, but i never feel a peace and assurity in my heart.
Catholicism is a synthetic substance of true Christianity, their argument is your salvation must be in their church alone, but we know that only the real Jesus satisfies with true salvation and it's a personal relationship with Jesus that you can't get from a church building or catholic ritual that really quenches your thirst.

micah719

an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40
The tugawar continues, I am very confused. I've studied, studied, and studied both sides.I have tried several times to leave Catholicism and go back to my roots spiritually but I feel pulled back to catholicism eventually each time, and( it is a strong spiritual pull which sometimes I wonder if it's demonic) but I am still never at peace for long, the Catholic religion often feels to me like bondage and like I will never be good enough. However I have not attended mass since the end of June. I've been trying to work it out with the Lord, but now also feel I need to reach out for help from Christians. I hope to come to the truth and be at peace, I also hope to make friends here. Thank you for reading my long post.
Something jumped out at me from your original post. You are correct: you will never be good enough. None of us are, or ever could be. Otherwise someone could boast, and eternal life would be a reward for service rather than a gift.

Repent and trust in the finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. Tetelestai! IT IS FINISHED!