Hello, new here sorta.

FaithInChrist

I have been lurking on RF website for close to a year and then lurking on the actual forums since May or June. I have actually posted a few things but thought I would stop being so rude and introduce myself to everybody.

My name is Dianne and I live about 20 minutes north of Dallas, TX. I have lived in TX since I was 14 years old. Before that I was born and raised in MO, born in Springfield and raised in Joplin. Needless to say my family was devastated along with many others when our hometown was destroyed by 1/3 on May 22, 2011. Many of our family and friends still live in Joplin and surrounding areas. We are so happy to see the work that Jesus is doing thru the giving the hearts of so many people. The generosity has been tremendous, the outpouring of love has been well received, and even the victims of the tornado that we know have become closer to God during this disaster.

As I said before I live near Dallas. I live here with my husband, 3 of my children and my grandson. I have another son that lives near Dallas but not with me. He is 20 years old and is working and living with my ex husband.

Our family has had many trials over the last couple of years. There were many times when I was on my knees praying. In November 2009 I was diagnosed with appendiceal carcinoma with a neoplastic muscinous substance. In English - appendix cancer. My appendix had ruptured so my entire abdominal cavity was affected. In May 2010 I had just had the most horrific surgery and I was in the hospital trying to recover. I really thought I was going to die. I prayed that if I could please be allowed to live I would dedicate my life to doing the Lord's will. I have done my best to keep that promise ever since. It has been trialing at times, partly because we had not been living a Christian lifestyle before my cancer and none of our friends were Christians, in fact our very best friends were atheists. We didn't know this until I re-dedicated my life to Christ.

Our friendships have changed, the relationship between my husband and I has changed, there are so many changes. My family are all thrilled since I was raised in a Christian home and went to an Assembly of God church until my parents moved my brothers and me to Houston when I was 14. So that is one change that is for the better.

Okay, this is getting really long. Needless to say there is so much going on in our lives, not just mine, but all of ours, yours and mine. Right now my only priority is bringing my family and anybody else that will listen closer to Christ...I need all the help I can get. Pray to strengthen my own relationship with God, I pray to choose the right words and do the right things to influence my husband and children toward God. Up until recently I have had no adult Christian counsel, but now we are going to an AOG church here in our town. I am currently reading the Bible for the first time in my life. I very much enjoy reading this forum and seeing the scriptures at work. I look forward to the day when I know them as well and many of you do. Because I believe with all my heart that the Holy Bible is our only guide to Christ. Not that it isn't enough, it is 100% complete, error free and here for all of us so that we can all know the Truth!

Thank you for reading this, I look forward to reading more about your lives and talking, laughing and praying with you, it is so nice to be around like-minded people, even if it is on the www.

Dianne
I am 1 year cancer free - hallelujah, praise the Lord.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
First, Dianne, congratulations for having turned back to the One who loves you and gave Himself for you. When we carelessly (or, in my case, willfully) wander, He allows things into our lives that appear to be hopeless enough that it scares us and causes us to remember Him and call out to Him. That is His love at work!

Second, I praise Him with you for having healed you of your physical affliction and left you here to be a witness for Him to your family and friends.

Third, may I tender an official welcome to RF? We are so glad you have joined us and decided to share along with the rest of us. I pray you are blessed by your fellowship here.

Fourth, I will add your family to my prayer list.

:hug:

Hannah

Welcome to RF!

Glad to hear you have returned to the Lord. You are the lost sheep Jesus went to look for leaving behind the 99 to go and find. See you are very special to the Lord for Him to seek you out even though you strayed off. :nod

MT 18:12 "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

Praying also for your family. Lifting them up to the Lord knowing He is already working in their lives to bring them to Himself. Amen

2PE 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Meg

Welcome to RF, Dianne. I too am deeply thankful that you have found your way back to the Lord, and that you are cancer free! :hug :hug :hug I can relate to the huge life changes that are part and parcel of repenting later in life. I was 42 when I returned to the Lord, and that meant I lost most of my friends among other changes. If there's anything we can do to help, please feel free to post whats on your mind. God bless you deeply, and welcome to the family :nod :hug

anath

I Love the Lord
Welcome to RF! Praise God for healing you Diane:yeah: Thrilled you came back to the Lord. He is so Good and Faithful! Will pray your family members will come to know the Lord as their Savior.