Hello, I’m Jette_516.

Jette_516

I’m also not clever with thread titles.

I first found Rapture Ready after 9-11 and lurked on the message boards there. I recently joined these forums after lurking here a bit. I recognize a few members from the old board, but doubt that anyone remembers me. So I’ll do a brief introduction.

I’m married with two young adult children. DD will be 20 in July and attends a private, *Christian* college in Nashville and DS will be 18 in January but acts so much older. I praise God that they have been saved and disciples at a young age. They attended public school in the district where I am a supervisor and DH teaches 7th grade in a neighboring district. I’m very grateful for our school system in that Godly values are still the norm, students are are encouraged by school personnel and the community to be active and vocal about their faith, and teachers know and care about their students. Yes, we live in a rural community in the Bible Belt with a church on every corner and still so much work to be done.

I’m the resident prophecy “nut”. I love being fed by Billy Crone, Jan Markell, and Rapture Ready. I’ve encouraged our last 3 pastors to preach on the end times to no avail. So I find my ‘meat’ online mostly. Funny story (now...then, not so much): One Sunday night, DS and DH had left for choir practice early and I assumed that DD had went with them as usual. So I left for church not knowing she had fallen asleep in her room. Poor thing, she woke up to an empty house and thought she had been left behind! I still haven’t lived that one down.

I hope that isn’t too much. I probably should have checked out some other introductions first.

Edited to add my testimony:
I was saved in a Southern Baptist church at the age of 6. I loved the Bible, particularly the Old Testament. I can remember the pastor who talked with me about salvation asking me my favorite book of the Bible and I answered Isaiah! Not what he was expecting at all! My mom had a Living Bible and I would read during the sermon to stay out of trouble. I may not have understood the context, but passages like “Here I am, send me”, “Unto us a child is born...,” and “ What I have planned, that I will do” resonated with me at an early age.

So, I grew up in church, learned the Bible stories, was a part of Girls In Action and Acteens, attended those camps every summer, met missionaries to Africa, China, and the US. All in all, I had a strong faith, but not a personal relationship as such with Jesus...more of an acquaintance that I would call when I needed something.

When I was sixteen, our pastor and youth leader took our group to the beach. This pastor was everything you would want a young Christian Pastor to be. The trip coincided with 4-H camp, which was my major HS activity outside of church. I chose to go to camp instead of with our your group. While I was there, my parents called to tell me that our pastor thought he had the flu and he went to the doctor as soon as he arrived home. It was acute leukemia. A short 8 days later, he was dead.

My faith was shaken to the core. Everything I had read about prayer (and I prayed hard when I found out how serious he was) seemed wrong. God took the best thing that had happened to our church, he was so young with young children and his wife found out she was pregnant the day he died. It just wasn’t fair.

At that point, I stopped seeking even a nominal relationship with Jesus. I still attended church, married a Godly man, lived a ‘good’ life, didn’t party my way through college and obeyed my parents. When God blessed us with DD, I began to understand His role as Heavenly Father. Two years later, DS was on his way. All was well until his ultrasound. The technician was strangely silent. The doctor said that DS appeared to be missing a chamber in his heart and had a cyst on his brain that could indicate severe birth defects and Trisomy 18. We would not know anything for another month and I should go home and try not to worry. First thing I did was look up Trisomy 18. I was devastated.

However, I began to seek God and his Word. During this time, I experienced his peace beyond all understanding and a confidence that no matter the outcome God would provide for us and strengthen us. A month passed and we found that the cyst resolved and his heart was fine. I will always glorify God for the miracle that both of my children are.

Slowly, I became complacent again and once again, the Lord used circumstances to shake my world. And now, Covid19 has totally upended it. I’m so grateful for a chance to seek His face and a true relationship with Him. I appreciate now what a true relationship with him can and should be. I’m so thankful that He has forgiven me of all my wasted years and I pray that He will use me in the time that we have left here. God has been good to me and has never forsaken me. I’m so ready for my relationship to match my knowledge and faith in His word. Maranatha

Last edited:

lamborgini

For some reason, your name jumped out to me. I found Rapture Ready after 9-11 as well. I was a lurker, then a regular. I didn’t truly accept Christ until 2012. I’m so thankful that I found RR/RF. God definitely put being a watchman on my heart and used that to hook me in my stubbornness!

Hugs and welcome!

Dave_97

I’m also not clever with thread titles.

I first found Rapture Ready after 9-11 and lurked on the message boards there. I recently joined these forums after lurking here a bit. I recognize a few members from the old board, but doubt that anyone remembers me. So I’ll do a brief introduction.

I’m married with two young adult children. DD will be 20 in July and attends a private, *Christian* college in Nashville and DS will be 18 in January but acts so much older. I praise God that they have been saved and disciples at a young age. They attended public school in the district where I am a supervisor and DH teaches 7th grade in a neighboring district. I’m very grateful for our school system in that Godly values are still the norm, students are are encouraged by school personnel and the community to be active and vocal about their faith, and teachers know and care about their students. Yes, we live in a rural community in the Bible Belt with a church on every corner and still so much work to be done.

I’m the resident prophecy “nut”. I love being fed by Billy Crone, Jan Markell, and Rapture Ready. I’ve encouraged our last 3 pastors to preach on the end times to no avail. So I find my ‘meat’ online mostly. Funny story (now...then, not so much): One Sunday night, DS and DH had left for choir practice early and I assumed that DD had went with them as usual. So I left for church not knowing she had fallen asleep in her room. Poor thing, she woke up to an empty house and thought she had been left behind! I still haven’t lived that one down.

I hope that isn’t too much. I probably should have checked out some other introductions first.

Edited to add my testimony:
I was saved in a Southern Baptist church at the age of 6. I loved the Bible, particularly the Old Testament. I can remember the pastor who talked with me about salvation asking me my favorite book of the Bible and I answered Isaiah! Not what he was expecting at all! My mom had a Living Bible and I would read during the sermon to stay out of trouble. I may not have understood the context, but passages like “Here I am, send me”, “Unto us a child is born...,” and “ What I have planned, that I will do” resonated with me at an early age.

So, I grew up in church, learned the Bible stories, was a part of Girls In Action and Acteens, attended those camps every summer, met missionaries to Africa, China, and the US. All in all, I had a strong faith, but not a personal relationship as such with Jesus...more of an acquaintance that I would call when I needed something.

When I was sixteen, our pastor and youth leader took our group to the beach. This pastor was everything you would want a young Christian Pastor to be. The trip coincided with 4-H camp, which was my major HS activity outside of church. I chose to go to camp instead of with our your group. While I was there, my parents called to tell me that our pastor thought he had the flu and he went to the doctor as soon as he arrived home. It was acute leukemia. A short 8 days later, he was dead.

My faith was shaken to the core. Everything I had read about prayer (and I prayed hard when I found out how serious he was) seemed wrong. God took the best thing that had happened to our church, he was so young with young children and his wife found out she was pregnant the day he died. It just wasn’t fair.

At that point, I stopped seeking even a nominal relationship with Jesus. I still attended church, married a Godly man, lived a ‘good’ life, didn’t party my way through college and obeyed my parents. When God blessed us with DD, I began to understand His role as Heavenly Father. Two years later, DS was on his way. All was well until his ultrasound. The technician was strangely silent. The doctor said that DS appeared to be missing a chamber in his heart and had a cyst on his brain that could indicate severe birth defects and Trisomy 18. We would not know anything for another month and I should go home and try not to worry. First thing I did was look up Trisomy 18. I was devastated.

However, I began to seek God and his Word. During this time, I experienced his peace beyond all understanding and a confidence that no matter the outcome God would provide for us and strengthen us. A month passed and we found that the cyst resolved and his heart was fine. I will always glorify God for the miracle that both of my children are.

Slowly, I became complacent again and once again, the Lord used circumstances to shake my world. And now, Covid19 has totally upended it. I’m so grateful for a chance to seek His face and a true relationship with Him. I appreciate now what a true relationship with him can and should be. I’m so thankful that He has forgiven me of all my wasted years and I pray that He will use me in the time that we have left here. God has been good to me and has never forsaken me. I’m so ready for my relationship to match my knowledge and faith in His word. Maranatha
Welcome!