Hello from east TN

Sorry for the length of this thread, I have not yet mastered the skill to write short replies or threads. Mod feel free to edit at will ~

Hi all, my name is Greg but here I suppose I will go by my sc name or AT for short. I am old enough to be called a senior and still young enough to be a little embarrassed when I received my first free edition of AARP a 'few' years back! I'm a veteran of the US Army (101st) 1972>75 and after I got out I went to college on the GI bill for a few years. After that I tried to put my 'education' to work, but I couldn't find employment that paid a decent wage so I decided to do the work that my father did. My dad was an ironworker and he began teaching me about his trade which I learned the basics of before I got out of high school. I ended up working for a company called Fluor Daniels as a journeyman Ironworker for over thirty years, until an motorcycle accident ended that career and nearly ended my mortal life. But that wreck saved my soul. I say that because the accident threw me down an embankment where I lay near death. I thought I had been found by an ambulance crew when I heard talking... but the words I 'heard' didn't come from the EMT's who had been called earlier. The words were from God and he asked "If I wanted to die without knowing him". Of course I said NO! I want to know you! Rescue squad arrived a short time later. After the accident I kinda' recovered physically, but had infections and all sorts of trouble from 1990 till now. That is the major high points in my life. I am still 'disabled' physically but I'm supercharged spiritually. I am a red word Christian and as of now am not a member of a church. The main reason I am not a church member is many churches teach false doctrine or church politics become too important etc. I am not looking for perfection in a church or its doctrine, so far the churches I have visited are just not for me. I do feel most churches do the world good, and the members heart is well intentioned.. I go with we are the church, the building with the steeple on it is just where we meet, right?

Last edited:

kathymendel

Welcome, AT! You have a great testimony to share! It will be nice getting to know you. Good churches are hard to find nowadays......... it took me years, but finally found one. Like you said, it's not perfect - but no church is and no person is. The truth is preached and it is very fundamental, tho.
You will find so many wonderful, knowledgeable and caring people here.......... a great family of believers!

Jonathan

Sorry for the length of this thread, I have not yet mastered the skill to write short replies or threads. Mod feel free to edit at will ~

Hi all, my name is Greg but here I suppose I will go by my sc name or AT for short. I am old enough to be called a senior and still young enough to be a little embarrassed when I received my first free edition of AARP a 'few' years back! I'm a veteran of the US Army (101st) 1972>75 and after I got out I went to college on the GI bill for a few years. After that I tried to put my 'education' to work, but I couldn't find employment that paid a decent wage so I decided to do the work that my father did. My dad was an ironworker and he began teaching me about his trade which I learned the basics of before I got out of high school. I ended up working for a company called Fluor Daniels as a journeyman Ironworker for over thirty years, until an motorcycle accident ended that career and nearly ended my mortal life. But that wreck saved my soul. I say that because the accident threw me down an embankment where I lay near death. I thought I had been found by an ambulance crew when I heard talking... but the words I 'heard' didn't come from the EMT's who had been called earlier. The words were from God and he asked "If I wanted to die without knowing him". Of course I said NO! I want to know you! Rescue squad arrived a short time later. After the accident I kinda' recovered physically, but had infections and all sorts of trouble from 1990 till now. That is the major high points in my life. I am still 'disabled' physically but I'm supercharged spiritually. I am a red word Christian and as of now am not a member of a church. The main reason I am not a church member is many churches teach false doctrine or church politics become too important etc. I am not looking for perfection in a church or its doctrine, so far the churches I have visited are just not for me. I do feel most churches do the world good, and the members heart is well intentioned.. I go with we are the church, the building with the steeple on it is just where we meet, right?
As someone who was born in East TN, Kingsport/Holsten Valley, WELCOME! We have good people here. And thanks for your great testimony. Enjoy your time here.