Hello from an old rapture ready member

padhphotography

Hi, my name is Rachel, from Texas (for now, full-time rv'er). I was a member on the rapture ready forums many, many, many years ago. I remember I had been on there for some time before 9/11 happened. I've been a lurker on here for a few years and finally decided to join.

In the last 5 years, I went through an ugly divorce. In my anger, I back slid in my faith badly for a couple of years that I am still very ashamed of. Then in 2017 I was diagnosed with stage 4 nasopharyngeal cancer. It had spread into my skull and down into my chest. I lost my job and insurance. Had to sell my house and got just enough out of my equity to buy an old motorhome. I had to file for disability which took 6 months, and by the time I got to treatment, it was pretty bad and my oncologist gave me 50/50 odds and she said that was generous. I have no adrenal glands so any illness or injury can be deadly if my steriods are not managed to replace the cortisol that i can not longer produce. The headaches and pain from radiation cooking my mouth was horrendous. Chemo almost killed me. Spent more time in icu then I did at home. I cried out to God many times and understood that this is what I needed for the Lord to get my attention. My focus is 100% back on Him. I have some issues I'm working out, forgiveness of my father and people that i had helped in the past, but then couldn't be bothered to help me in my time of need. I'm still emotional about it all, sometimes grateful I made it, other times I wish I hadn't so I could be in heaven and not deal with the anxiety of a post-cancer treatment ragged out body (and paying for all the medical care I need on disability income, Ha!) and be with Jesus looking forward to my pain-free incorruptible body. But, I still have loved ones I need to get through to, and I'm grateful to be here to do that.

In all my years of being a watcher since I was 12 (40 now) even during my backsliding years I kept a close eye on prophetic events. And I have never felt as close to our blessed hope as I do now.

I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Thank you for keeping this forum going!

Amity,
How precious are you to Our Savior that He would be with you as you continue to go through life certainly not as you would have chosen.
I read your entire testimony, such a brave young women you are!
Like my favorite Bible verse.

Philippians 4:13
I can do anything thru Christ who strengthens me.

I too have experienced much through my 69 years, both bad choices and bad decisions. God has walked with me in every way. I could see in Nature and feel His arms wrapped around me more times than I can say.
God has certainly without a doubt sent you the man, Mike, he had intended for you. He is without a doubt a compassionate and loving man.
God sent me one of those too! My second hubby!
I will pray for your continued healing and a beautiful wedding to come.
In the meantime as for me;
I’m Watching, Waiting, Working, and most of all Yearning for Jesus to call us Home.
May God Bless You Mighty, Peggy

Amity

Dear Peggy,

What an incredibly sweet post, thank you so much. I love that verse as well. Another favorite from Philippians: 4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all.

We all have our struggles and trials in life. I certainly don't think mine was any harder than anyone elses, and if it was, that's only due to my own stubbornness, lol.

I am so glad to be able to congregate and share, knowledge of God's word, prayer, support, well wishes for each other, and watching in awe with each other as prophetic events continue to unfold. This forum means alot to me and I have none in my life that I can talk to about these things. Even Mike is a work in progress as he is not very knowledgeable of eschatology, but he gets it. I lurked for a very long time before joining. So glad I did.

Virtual Hugs to you and all of you!

Amity,
How precious are you to Our Savior that He would be with you as you continue to go through life certainly not as you would have chosen.
I read your entire testimony, such a brave young women you are!
Like my favorite Bible verse.

Philippians 4:13
I can do anything thru Christ who strengthens me.

I too have experienced much through my 69 years, both bad choices and bad decisions. God has walked with me in every way. I could see in Nature and feel His arms wrapped around me more times than I can say.
God has certainly without a doubt sent you the man, Mike, he had intended for you. He is without a doubt a compassionate and loving man.
God sent me one of those too! My second hubby!
I will pray for your continued healing and a beautiful wedding to come.
In the meantime as for me;
I’m Watching, Waiting, Working, and most of all Yearning for Jesus to call us Home.
May God Bless You Mighty, Peggy