Hello all.

worf105

Hi Andrew! We love hearing testimonies, care to tell us when you were gloriously saved?
I believe I am saved but when I am not sure. I have asked Jesus in prayer over and over again but in my self I feel unforgiving so therefore unsaved. I have read many of testimonials and one thing always holds true is that the saved person always knows for sure that they are saved. I have arraigned to be baptised on the 14th of June this year and am really hoping that this will prove to Jesus that I am truly sorry for turning away from God over the past many many years and I now need him.

Andrew

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
I believe I am saved but when I am not sure. I have asked Jesus in prayer over and over again but in my self I feel unforgiving so therefore unsaved. I have read many of testimonials and one thing always holds true is that the saved person always knows for sure that they are saved. I have arraigned to be baptised on the 14th of June this year and am really hoping that this will prove to Jesus that I am truly sorry for turning away from God over the past many many years and I now need him.

Andrew
Well my brother, generally those who doubt usually ARE saved, but lack the understanding of what really happened the moment they trusted in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to pay for and forgive us of our sins.

however, I will say this. Get alone with God right now, call out to Him...settle it right now, surrender your life to Him and let Him know that you want Him to have all of you...

Romans 10:9-10, 13 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

worf105

Well my brother, generally those who doubt usually ARE saved, but lack the understanding of what really happened the moment they trusted in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to pay for and forgive us of our sins.

however, I will say this. Get alone with God right now, call out to Him...settle it right now, surrender your life to Him and let Him know that you want Him to have all of you...

Romans 10:9-10, 13 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Thank You so much...:thankyou

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
P.s.

Baptism isn't about proving to God that you want forgiveness.

Baptism represents that you ARE forgiven and that your hearts desire is to follow Christ. And the first act of obedience that we take, as the Lord commanded us, is to follow Him in baptism.

It is an outward sign of an inward change.

Your old you is dead and a new you has been raised with Christ, alive and forgiven and a Child of God.

livin_in_the_Son

Welcome to RF Andrew! I agree with what Jonshaff posted... but I want to add this... I have a family member who insists that they are saved because they prayed the "sinner's prayer", they, like you, have prayed it many times. When I questioned them, it became quite apparent that they have no clue what it means to be born again, why we need to admit our inability to save ourselves, how we can never be good enough to deserve heaven, how Jesus' sacrifice on the cross (and resurrection 3 days later) paid the debt that was our's once and for all, that nothing else is necessary, outside of our acceptance of that, needed to ensure our eternity in heaven.

As Jonshaff also said, usually a person doesn't doubt their salvation, unless they are in fact saved. Satan loves to whisper in our ears how awful we are, that the Lord would never forgive us. Satan doesn't need to bother messing with unsaved people... it's children of God that he targets, in order to steal our joy, and to keep us from going about the Lord's business. :hug

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
Welcome to RF Andrew! I agree with what Jonshaff posted... but I want to add this... I have a family member who insists that they are saved because they prayed the "sinner's prayer", they, like you, have prayed it many times. When I questioned them, it became quite apparent that they have no clue what it means to be born again, why we need to admit our inability to save ourselves, how we can never be good enough to deserve heaven, how Jesus' sacrifice on the cross (and resurrection 3 days later) paid the debt that was our's once and for all, that nothing else is necessary, outside of our acceptance of that, needed to ensure our eternity in heaven.

As Jonshaff also said, usually a person doesn't doubt their salvation, unless they are in fact saved. Satan loves to whisper in our ears how awful we are, that the Lord would never forgive us. Satan doesn't need to bother messing with unsaved people... it's children of God that he targets, in order to steal our joy, and to keep us from going about the Lord's business. :hug
:amen

Welcome to the wonderful fellowship we have in the RF family, worf! We are blessed to have you join with us. :thumbup

pixelpusher

Welcome to the Rapture Forums family fellowship Worf! Star Trek fan?

I'd like to offer up Hebrews 11 for your perusal; heroes of the faith:

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

And John 6:28-29
28Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?"

29Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Believe on (Faithe on) Jesus. He is the Bread of Life.

ldonjohn

Hello all fellow members,

This is my first post here and would like to say hi........ Hi.

Andrew

Andrew
Andrew,

Please read my testimony. There is a link to it below; it is posted here at rf. I explain how God brought me out of a miserable time in my life, many years ago, when I wasn't sure that I was saved. Since that time I have known without any doubt that I am really saved and my salvation rests not in anything I have done.

Don

http://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/what-does-it-mean-to-believe-in-jesus.82903/

Andrew

Well known member
Perhaps this might help...

What is the redemption of the soul?

In the Bible, redemption can mean to buy back or to loose and set free. All who know what it is to have their sins forgiven, having put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus, are told in the NT that they have been redeemed"with the precious blood of Christ." (1 Peter 1:19). This means that we have been bought and set free through His blood. In order to buy back or to set persons free, a price has to be paid. The price was paid in full by the Lord Jesus at Calvary's cross when He shed His precious blood for us. "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins." (Ephesians 1:7)

What does redemption mean to us?

Once we realise we have been redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus, the Lamb of God, we can be assured that we have been completely delivered from our sins and brought back to God. This is seen in the book of Exodus when God told Moses that He would redeem the people of Israel from Egypt"with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments." (Exodus 6:6). They were bought by God and set free from Egypt (which is a type or picture of the world system) so that they might become a special people for God's pleasure.

Why have we been redeemed?

We, like the people of Israel, have been redeemed so that we as believers might also become a people for God's pleasure, this time by being brought into Christ's Assembly or Church [His Bride]. This is set out in Revelation 5:6-10, where the new song that is sung in heaven is to the Lamb of God, our Lord Jesus, who "hast redeemed us to God by thy blood, out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and has made us unto our God kings and priests." So we have been established as royal priests with a real appreciation of our great Redeemer in our hearts, able to serve God by praising and worshipping Him for eternity. like Job, we can say "For I know that my Redeemer liveth." (Job 19:25)

What is the redemption of the body?

We are told in Romans 8:23 that our bodies will be redeemed. This means that when the Lord Jesus comes to take believers to be with Himself, our bodies will be changed to become like His own glorious body (1 Corinthians 15:52). This is the completion of our redemption, and is yet to come, perhaps very soon. Our souls have already been redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus but we are still here waiting to have our poor, weak mortal bodies changed "that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body."(Philippians 3:21). We will then be perfectly suited to enter with Him into heaven where we shall sing the new song of Revelation 5.