Hebrews 10:26 If I Go On Willfully Sinning, There Remains No More Sacrifice For Sin?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

If you believe that Jesus died and rose from the grave and IS the Son of God, you SHOULD expect heaven, but you will suffer much loss at the Bhema seat. 2nd Peter talks about those who will be ashamed at his appearing.

What your espousing is that you have to DO SOMETHING to validate or solidify your salvation that would be Jesus PLUS.

Because of your sin YOU ARE DYING that is the wages of sin and if you were committing adultery I guarantee there would be no joy in your life and all kinds of present day consequences BUT sin doesn't send us to HELL, rejecting the Free Gift of Eternal Life does.

I can claim to be a doctor because I work in a hospital. If I never went to medical school and took the medical exam, I'm not a doctor.

In the same manner, if I profess to be a Christian, but there's no fruit and I willfully live a life of sin, I'm not a Christian.

soundingthealarm

I can claim to be a doctor because I work in a hospital. If I never went to medical school and took the medical exam, I'm not a doctor.

In the same manner, if I profess to be a Christian, but there's no fruit and I willfully live a life of sin, I'm not a Christian.

You realize that Mathew 7 in regards to fruit is talking about false teachers right?

As it pertains to saving faith it comes down to believing or unbelief in who Jesus is.

"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God!" "Flesh and blood did NOT reveal that to you but My Father in Heaven." FREE GIFT (not of works lest anyone could boast)

You will fall miserably short of the standard your proclaiming in that IF You stumble ONCE even as "believer" and then think your improved SELF-righteousness merits anything, then you're adhering to another gospel.

Are you sinless? obviously NOT but lets say that you are, IS THAT what you are trusting in?

borrowedtime

Totally agree!!! :thumbup

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
In the two verses above Paul states the obvious, which is that when you arrive in Heaven you will not meet anyone that currently has these sins.

In 1 Corinthians 6:11 below, Paul explains what changed for Christians which is nothing they themselves have done (ye are washed), but what Jesus has done.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Our sinful bodies will not go to Heaven, but our new bodies that are changed to be righteous.
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

everyone always likes to forget that next passage and I thank you Goodboy!

We are new creatures in Christ 2 Corinthians 5:17.

“I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭2:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/gal.2.21.kjv

In the Age of Grace we are unworthy of salvation through any of our righteous deeds as we have non. We are incapable of doing anything righteous. We have to place our trust fully on the death burial and resurrection of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-8

“And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:6-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/eph.2.6-9.kjv

We have no boasting abilities as we can not achieve salvation on our own or in any combination of the Lords work.

Furthermore Ephesians 2 shows that after we are sealed with the Holy Spirit we are already seated in Heavinly places. Our inheritance is not the earth nor Israel but it’s a spiritual place.

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭1:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/gal.1.6-8.kjv

Of course I think we get the simplicity of the Gospel of Grace muddied up by trying our best to force the Gospel of the Kingdom into it. They just aren’t the same. The Kingdom is for Israel and the Gospel of Grace is to make Israel jealous as revealed in the mystery of blindness (Roman 11).

“Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/rom.15.8-9.kjv

Jesus in His earthly ministries said He came for the lost sheep of Israel and not to go unto the Gentiles. You just can’t ignore the wall of separation throughout everything other than Paul’s epistles. Paul’s epistles speak directly to the Body of Christ whoch

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/1/gal.3.28-29.kjv

Paul is always adamant about his message being distinct from the little flock and the argument between Paul and James and Peter is recorded in Acts and Galatians and 2 Peter. So why we keep trying to throw our works into it instead of resting in the Grace of God is beyond me.

In 1 Corinthians the adulter is thrown out from the church But Paul doesn’t question his salvation.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

You realize that Mathew 7 in regards to fruit is talking about false teachers right?

As it pertains to saving faith it comes down to believing or unbelief in who Jesus is.

"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God!" "Flesh and blood did NOT reveal that to you but My Father in Heaven." FREE GIFT (not of works lest anyone could boast)

You will fall miserably short of the standard your proclaiming in that IF You stumble ONCE even as "believer" and then think your improved SELF-righteousness merits anything, then you're adhering to another gospel.

Are you sinless? obviously NOT but lets say that you are, IS THAT what you are trusting in?

I'm not trusting in any works to be saved.

I also didn't say that if you fall once you lose salvation.

I'm also not saying if you struggle with a certain sin you lose salvation.

What I said is that if you live your life like hell, don't expect heaven.

I don't believe in trampling on his grace, it's not cheap!!! It cost him everything!!!!

You and I will NEVER, EVER, know the cost of the separation of Him and the Father at the cross.

I'm saved by faith an not by works! My righteousness is nothing but dirty rags.

It is his righteousness that is imparted to me as a Christian.

I believe once saved always saved. I also believe that because of free will I can walk away from my salvation.

soundingthealarm

I'm not trusting in any works to be saved.

I also didn't say that if you fall once you lose salvation.

I'm also not saying if you struggle with a certain sin you lose salvation.

What I said is that if you live your life like hell, don't expect heaven.

I don't believe in trampling on his grace, it's not cheap!!! It cost him everything!!!!

You and I will NEVER, EVER, know the cost of the separation of Him and the Father at the cross.

I'm saved by faith an not by works! My righteousness is nothing but dirty rags.

It is his righteousness that is imparted to me as a Christian.

I believe once saved always saved. I also believe that because of free will I can walk away from my salvation.

That's GREAT but there are many believers who are carnal-minded and have not progressed and are trampling the grace of God underfoot and NO That is not cool and God chastises those whom He loves and YET extends 70 X 7 and expects us to do the same. They should be reprimanded/called out and taken to task to "come out from them and be separate" BUT they should NEVER be condemned as you know "there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus."

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

That's GREAT but there are many believers who are carnal-minded and have not progressed and are trampling the grace of God underfoot and NO That is not cool and God chastises those whom He loves and YET extends 70 X 7 and expects us to do the same. They should be reprimanded/called out and taken to task to "come out from them and be separate" BUT they should NEVER be condemned as you know "there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus."

I don't disagree with you. Maybe you're missing my point.

I'm curious, why does Jesus when speaking to the seven churches in the book of Revelation tells them to repent???

soundingthealarm

I don't disagree with you. Maybe you're missing my point.

I'm curious, why does Jesus when speaking to the seven churches in the book of Revelation tells them to repent???

Repentance in the life of a believer is a GREAT discipline and Our Lord calls us to repent often BUT not to earn salvation but rather to fulfill His call upon our daily walk as HIS disciples. I have had to correct my kids often BUT NEVER EVER have they ever been in danger of not being my kids.

Andy C

Often times, we can lose our fellowship with Him as stated in the Book of 1 John, but we can never lose our salvation. If salvation was based on our behavior, nobody would ever be saved, as all sin, there is no one who is GOOD.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Repentance in the life of a believer is a GREAT discipline and Our Lord calls us to repent often BUT not to earn salvation but rather to fulfill His call upon our daily walk as HIS disciples. I have had to correct my kids often BUT NEVER EVER have they ever been in danger of not being my kids.

What is the Lord saying here to the church of Sardis?

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

soundingthealarm

What is the Lord saying here to the church of Sardis?

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Obviously in NOT contradicting that its NOT by works, Jesus is not promoting they have to "do something to merit" ....we don't merit salvation by works we receive salvation by IN WHOM WE believe and its THAT belief that is what enables us to overcome. Believers = overcomers.

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/isn/revelation-3.html

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Obviously in NOT contradicting that its NOT by works, Jesus is not promoting they have to "do something to merit" ....we don't merit salvation by works we receive salvation by IN WHOM WE believe and its THAT belief that is what enables us to overcome. Believers = overcomers.

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/isn/revelation-3.html

There is NO salvation by works!!!

you can do whatever you want with that verse.

I don’t believe the Lord is speaking in parables. I believe he means what he said!!!

I’m not trying to interpret that verse to fit my theology. Just as I hope you’re not either.

soundingthealarm

There is NO salvation by works!!!

you can do whatever you want with that verse.

I don’t believe the Lord is speaking in parables. I believe he means what he said!!!

I’m not trying to interpret that verse to fit my theology. Just as I hope you’re not either.

1st John 4:15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

Blessed assurance!

”I known in whom I have believed that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him Against that day.”

legalism always plays “gotcha” with believers For not not measuring up. The Apostle Paul said “he had not arrived” That he grew to know “in my flesh no good thing dwells.”

the same grace that saves....keeps!

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

1st John 4:15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

Blessed assurance!

”I known in whom I have believed that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him Against that day.”

legalism always plays “gotcha” with believers For not not measuring up. The Apostle Paul said “he had not arrived” That he grew to know “in my flesh no good thing dwells.”

the same grace that saves....keeps!

we’re not understanding each other. God bless you!

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Let me ask you a question. Ten years ago I became a born again Christian.

I have a horrible marriage. Two years later at work I meet an incredible woman. We're both married but decide to secretly have an affair.

This goes on for the next 10 yrs. Every week I commit adultary. A week later I suffer a heart attack and die.

Should I expect heaven or hell?
That's an easy one! Heaven of course, assuming you truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior. You are thinking like a human. Would I accept someone like that into Heaven? Probably not, but I am not God. Jesus did everything, wait did I say everything, yes I guess I did, everything required for us to get into Heaven. All we must do is accept his free gift of salvation by believing and accepting it.

I suppose David should not be allowed into Heaven for what he did, if it's based on merit.

Jan51

What does it mean to be sealed by the the Holy Spirit? You are saying we can unseal ourselves? The believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit. How do you undo that? The Bible speaks of casting out evil spirits but I do not see where we have been given the ability to remove the indwelling Spirit. These seem like unbiblical ideas to me.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

kin
That's an easy one! Heaven of course, assuming you truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior. You are thinking like a human. Would I accept someone like that into Heaven? Probably not, but I am not God. Jesus did everything, wait did I say everything, yes I guess I did, everything required for us to get into Heaven. All we must do is accept his free gift of salvation by believing and accepting it.

I suppose David should not be allowed into Heaven for what he did, if it's based on merit.

David repented of his sin

TheRedeemed

Oh no you cannot!

The Lord states that no one can snatch you from my hands, that includes you too. You cannot jump from His hands any more than Satan and his minions can snatch you from them.

I am detecting more than a little ‘me, me, me’ in some of your answers here. Salvation is not achieved nor lost by you, or me. It is a one time guaranteed free gift offer that, once taken and accepted, can never be taken from you nor returned to the giver.

Salvation is not possible by man, only God, through His Son and the cross and it doesn’t matter what you did before, nor what you did after genuinely accepting the offer, you are salved for all eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back