Headed for a Shipwreck

Fellowship attempts all epic fails. Meet for a social distanced walk? Maybe a phone call? “Don’t worry honey, we’ll pray for you and delegate the job to the Lord.” Zoom studies with strangers in little square boxes. Staring back at my face in the little square. Disconcerting much? Strange scripted (Bible?)studies that feel more like a long journey through a hot desert; destination unknown. The concept of “iron sharpening iron” replaced with open ended questions. Open ended answers that are all a jumble. Book after popular book churned out; and their sequels (of course). All truth with just the perfect amount of leven to sound fresh & delicious. Old “new age”practices repackaged into rituals laced with love, love, and more love. Of money; me thinks. Trying to explain to my Christian coworker that the part about the “talking trees” in the Bible isn’t the point. Topical sermons built around a verse or two. And tithing...summer camp was canceled but can we keep the money?? (Sigh)

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Fellowship attempts all epic fails. Meet for a social distanced walk? Maybe a phone call? “Don’t worry honey, we’ll pray for you and delegate the job to the Lord.” Zoom studies with strangers in little square boxes. Staring back at my face in the little square. Disconcerting much? Strange scripted (Bible?)studies that feel more like a long journey through a hot desert; destination unknown. The concept of “iron sharpening iron” replaced with open ended questions. Open ended answers that are all a jumble. Book after popular book churned out; and their sequels (of course). All truth with just the perfect amount of leven to sound fresh & delicious. Old “new age”practices repackaged into rituals laced with love, love, and more love. Of money; me thinks. Trying to explain to my Christian coworker that the part about the “talking trees” in the Bible isn’t the point. Topical sermons built around a verse or two. And tithing...summer camp was canceled but can we keep the money?? (Sigh)
Welcome to the Laodicean Church era my sister. It seems you will be in good company here in our fellowship as we all loathe the current lukewarm state of many churches today. Glad to have you here, we are all eagerly waiting the Lord's return. Blessings in Christ.

The shipwreck of faith is certainly inevitable when the faith is in the "institution", or directed at fellowship, leaders, or even in 'doing good.'

But faith, your faith, relies upon, is in, Christ. Faith that what He tells us is the way, even if all around you is something different.

I have talked to others before who told me they left the faith on account of others not having/demonstrating faith.

Like walking through the valley of the shadow of death, there is no faith around you, it's cold, people are doing nasty things left and right, some look jolly as they live their life of dissipation, some laugh at you for being a naive hick, and some you see are people you know, all happily oblivious they walk in and towards death.

But He said to me before my journey, have faith in me, in the path you walk upon. I have blazed this path, this way, have armed you with truth, with life. No wicked fool can walk upon it, it is the highway of holiness. As you see men not following the way of love, living for gain, having no hope or desire of His appearing. It is lonely sometimes, thirsting for righteousness while only offered scraps of opinion.

I came to know the Lord as an young adult, and my wife was baked into the church from birth. I never have fully understood my wife's position, her journey being steeped in a brick and mortar church. But we have arrived at the same place, living out the faith, and no longer considering the latest wind of doctrine, neat outreach, or obnoxious reindeer games that happens at churches. So whether we are fellowshipping at a brick and mortar or not, the way is clear, what others do is their call, I will serve Christ. Just some thoughts friend.