Have Yourselves a Merry Little Christmas

Lily

Looking Up
Obama and family is in Hawaii. House Speaker Boehner went home to Ohio. Pretty much everyone in Washington is gone as far as I can tell. The "Fiscal Cliff" is still sitting there on the edge of the abyss.

President Obama and his family arrived Honolulu for a Christmas vacation in Hawaii early Saturday, just hours after he urged congressional leaders to take one last shot at crafting a bill that can prevent tax hikes on middle-class Americans.

The president, who optimistically claimed he would be back "next week" to handle a budget deal, touched down in Air Force One shortly after midnight and left quickly with his family for their vacation home.

Friday's pitch by Obama to jumpstart talks on a deficit-reduction deal came as he and virtually everyone involved were preparing to bolt Washington for the holidays.
{more article between the quotes}

As lawmakers peeled away from the Capitol, they delivered their parting shots. Each party was calling on the other to step up with a solution, but the tone was hardly in keeping with the holiday spirit. And it hardly stoked optimism that both sides were working toward an agreement.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi claimed Republicans were "taking food out of the mouths of babies and seniors" with their proposals.

Reid accused Boehner of wasting a week on a "futile political stunt."

Boehner complained that, "at some point, the United States Senate has to do something."

Boehner acknowledged Friday that his "Plan B" did not have enough support to pass. "It's not the outcome that I wanted, but that was the will of the House," he said.
Read more: Obama arrives in Hawaii for Christmas after urging lawmakers to make one last try for fiscal crisis deal | Fox News

Aren't we glad that the grown-ups are in charge?

Lujack Skylark

Obama and family is in Hawaii. House Speaker Boehner went home to Ohio. Pretty much everyone in Washington is gone as far as I can tell. The "Fiscal Cliff" is still sitting there on the edge of the abyss.

{more article between the quotes}

Read more: Obama arrives in Hawaii for Christmas after urging lawmakers to make one last try for fiscal crisis deal | Fox News

Aren't we glad that the grown-ups are in charge?
Yes, Obama and Michelle will be partying in Hawaii knowing they have been working hard to bring down the United States to a third world nation status.

The Marxist Putin will also be celebrating Marxist Obama's victories against the American capitalist system as Putin expands the Russian military awareness as his designs are on the Middle-East vast oil reserves. Israel has hit the jackpot by finding oil and gas off its coast. Putin figures to control the oil is to control the world.

The United States once had the advantage of being the food basket of our world but last year drought in 34 states has lessen our chances to feed the world's poorest nations. When people are not fed revolutions arise against United States interests.

Obama seems to be like Lenin being at the right place in the right time in history. Lenin got people's support by offering the people bread. Obama got people's support by offering them free cell phones and birth control.

Next year milk is expected to double in price to $7 a gallon. Washington politicans have failed the American taxpayer at every level and its Obama who welcomes America's destruction for the greater good of his New World Order vision.

Noah Cotterill

By now, I could honestly care less. I hope they stay on vacation for four years. Less time spent introducing new legislation to ruin our country.

Lily

Looking Up
By now, I could honestly care less. I hope they stay on vacation for four years. Less time spent introducing new legislation to ruin our country.
Yes, I see what you mean. They've already been on vacation for who knows how long.... staying vacation is most likely the better option. :((