Have you seen the one whom my soul loveth?

Hallelujah

I arose from my bed in the middle of the night. I seeked the one whom my soul loveth. I wandered about the house searching. But I found him not. I went outside and looked upward into the misty waters that veiled the lights. I saw him not. At day break, I roamed the streets. I asked the men tending tree, have you seen the one whom my soul loveth?

Whom is this that that your soul loveth?

His love is fair, yea, like the fairest woman of all the earth. His lips drip with honey, like that which comes from the white flower of the honey suckling. More plump than the cluster of grapes which maketh the sweet red wine. His fragrance is is more profound than that of the wisteria, which groweth on the pine. Oh the bees! The little bees, that take the sweetness from the pedals off the vine. I found him by the banks of the waterfall resting by the rising mist of ascending vapor. I followed him. The arms of purple dogwood surrounded me by rolling oaks. Was it snowing? Yea, it was snowing within the heat of noon day sun at springtime. The flakes floated with flutters of dandelion and reseted upon the waves by creekside. The birds where in full song, yea, even the geese were in perfect harmony among the duckling. Ripples of water formed before my eyes, as the carp danced to lights of reflection. The morning dew sprouted fourth abundance to those that crawl. They are the beginning of their day. Gathering their delights for the moon. The turtles sang. Yea, the even the turtles. I await the voice of the rocks. Soon, my love. We will sail on the wings of eagles. The wind will carry us there. I felt him from the east, then to the west. A warm blanket covered me. I felt lifeless, but never more alive. Rest, stay a while, said the one whom my should loveth. How could I leave thee? I just found the one whom my should loveth. I will never leave thee. Nor give thy knee strength. My love, soon...we must walk. I said, I will go after you...I will follow. Yea, all the days of my life. Let every breath be a offering of my love. Every beat of the heart, with that of thanksgiving. Never leave me, for my thoughts feared the loss of you. I was nigh all along, yea, I sat within the clefts of the ravine till eventide. You were awake, but yet asleep. Your eyes where open, but you saw me not. Come away with me my love. Let us sing. Our song will bring the roes, and the roes will bring sterling to the water. Let's fill our cup. For the journey is long. We dine where the sky rests with the earth, and sun.

Last edited:

Hallelujah

For we have heard a voice of trembling, and not of peace. Thy book of remembrance hast accounted for thee. How long must the earth languish? For thou art the God of the living. We have transgressed against thee. Wilt thou not turn away thy hand in anger? Will the dust praise thee? I turneth unto the one who smitten thee. Thou hast chastised me, and I was turned. I will seek thee all the days of my life and walk in thy statutes. For their is no other god beside thee. Why doth the heathen rage? Must vanity and vexation of spirit befall me all the days of thy life? You art holy Oh God. You are a mighty terrible one. But thy judgements are just and pure. I would rather be judged at your mighty hand than any man. Whom shall I fear? Thou art righteous, Oh Lord! Who can know thy ways? Thy ways are higher than the heavens. Thy ways are not our ways. Thou bringeth forth the rain, and causeth lightnings with the thunder. Thou has stretched forth the heavens with thy discretion. Thou hadst instructed us in the ways of righteousness. For we have all fallen short thereof. Thank you God for thy holy child, Jesus. Plead thy cause and deliver thy people from the hand of the oppressor. Darkness encampeth round about me on every side. But thou Oh Lord hast redeemed me. Thou hast upheld me with the right hand of thy righteousness. How long must we go about? Cause us to walk by the rivers of water in a straight way: Leaning not on our own understanding. May you...Lord be our shield, our light, and our song. Lead us into the way everlasting by your divine grace with which you have bestowed unto us. The comfort wherewith you have given us is sufficient for thee. Thy grace is sufficient. Let us glory in thy holy name. For thou hast done mighty things in the earth. Thou hast enlarged mine heart more than the the overflowing fountains of the deep. The waters spring forth unto the heavens. As a man acquainted with grief, I will forever rejoice in mine heart for your great and tender mercies. You have moved my soul from death to the wings upon eagles. Who can know the way thereof? Mine lips will sing upon the mountains, in the valleys, and under every green tree for the word of my God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Hallelujah

Thou Oh Lord art my God! Where shall I go? Thou art nigh unto me always. I shall ascend into the heavens, but thou art there. I would descend into the depths of hell to find thee, but thou art with me whithersoever I goest. I will praise thee, for thou wilt never leave thee, nor forsake thee. When I am moved by your spirit, the hair of mine flesh stands to praise thee. Thou hast taught me precept upon precept. Thy word is a blessing unto my soul. How might I thank thee for thy loving kindness that thou hast shown unto all generations? Thou hast given me but a little while to praise thee. I’m a simply a flower. No a worm, yet dust. For I can do nothing without thee. I cannot stand on mine own two feet which thou hast given me without your tender mercies. Thou art the air that fills my lungs. You, Oh God...fill heaven and earth. I have considered the ant, the cankerworm, and the wasp. Thy ways art mightier than ours. Thou hast given us freedom. Love is a choice. Must we go about choosing iniquity? We knowest the way in which it leadeth. It becometh a trap and a snare to our feet. Thou workest all things for good for those who love God. For sorrow is better than laughter, for by it mine countenance has improved. Oh Lord, plead thy cause. Must thou punish the goats? I am as a degenerate vine that brought forth wild grapes. For I have transgressed and the multitude of mine iniquity was increased. But thou, Oh Lord, art faithful. Wisdom is more valuable than all the riches of the earth. Fear of the Lord is the beginning thereof. Who feareth thee? Thy word is as a lamp unto my feet. A light unto my paths. Make thy paths straight. That I stumble not. For what is the iron to the northern iron? Thou, Oh Lord art the author of all creation. The darkness is as light before your eyes. There is nothing that is hid from thee. Workers of iniquity laugh as if thou hearest not. Does the axe boast itself against the wielder? Who hath believed? I have considered the fiery trial which was to try my faith. Thy words where unto me as the refreshing. I have learned to take forth the precious from the vile. I was knocked down but never broken. Thy chastening was grievous. But I was turned. I have made thee high heaps. I have set thine heart toward the highway. For I am thy servant. I seek only to serve thee all the days of thy life. Blessed be God.

Back