Have you seen Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly_Light

Have you ever in your life seen Jesus? Has he ever appeared to you? Or maybe an Angel from the Lord appeared to you. Just like Saul. The Damascus encounter Saul had.

Or maybe you have seen Jesus in a vision. Share your experience. How did you feel?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Throughout my life as as Believer and even a few times before I became a Christian I've had special moments either with God or an emissary of God. Those experiences are things I hold close and only share when I feel a nudge from the Holy Spirit to share something personal that may help the person or group I'm sharing it with. From the very beginning I've had a sense that those supernatural moments were for me and not necessarily for blabbing about, except in cases where the Spirit leads.

As for how one feels, even to be directly chastised by the Lord is wonderful, for He chastises whom He loves. Hebrews 12:6-8

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I have seen Jesus mostly in His Word. As I've read consistently He emerges and comes more and more in focus. I think this is the predominant way God reveals Himself and that is how He predominantly desires us to get to know Christ.

I do know that it says in John:

The one who has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me. And the one who loves Me will be loved by My Father. I also will love him and will reveal Myself to him.” 14:21

edited to stay in compliance with forum rules.

Last edited:

Mikedexion

My Wife has seen Jesus in a dream when she damaged her legs to the point of being unable to walk. She cried out to God and Jesus came in a dream where there were many people bowed at his feet. She said he had on a shining white robe and a golden belt/sash and she couldn't see his face because it was too bright.
Anyway he commanded her to fast for four days.... she tried to negotiate but that didn't work, (lol) anyway she was healed after her fast, she still has pain if she tries to strain her knees or works out too hard at the gym (she's 36) but that is her testimony.

God speaks to me mostly through his Word but also through investigating Strong's numbers. He also speaks to me through people who aren't saved (at least yet) which is the strangest thing....
I have never heard an audible voice but once the holy spirit did speak to my spirit in a dream.

maryrae

I hesitate to say Yay or Nay, because it just isn't important, UNLESS the Lord leads me to. Jesus did say to his disciples after the resurrection that blessed are those who have not seen, yet have believed. I stand on that. Our walk is by FAITH, not by sight.
Also, please remember Chris's admonishment in our Rules & Guidelines:

[07] No Dream threads or threads supporting 'Words of Knowledge', WOF, Angel or Ghost sightings, Rapture dreams or prophetic visions, Words of Faith, Bible Codes, personal spiritual encounters, astrology, star gazing, Rapture trumpet sounds, the Hebrew zodiac, Jesus comets, personal messages or words from God, personal letters from Jesus, self perceived signs of future events, unique events perceived as signs from God, personal prophecies, cloud formations, Holy Laughter, psychic abilities, trips to heaven or hell and back, or any other subjective experiences that suggest these observations are common Christian experiences.
We encourage you to study and read from God's Word and keep a credible appearance before the watching world. (II Timothy 2:15) Dream threads spiral down into subjective vain reasonings and will be closed or removed.

Drew2197

I Have seen Angels before, God spoke to me before also. Right before I went cold turkey on medicine that would have killed me if it weren't for a miracle, God spoke to me and I got through it, God speaks to me when I directly ask him what to do occasionally, sometimes I get no response , sometimes I get a response that's vague. More than most times he leads me to something and I absolutely know without a doubt it's him.

maryrae

For me personally, I am learning the wisdom of holding my tongue, if something out of ordinary happens to me, especially in the area of dreams & visions. I have read/heard too many accounts where the person telling the story seems to take some sort of pleasure in boasting about their stories, as if the dream/vision etc. is greater than, and more to be desired than our story of what Jesus did for us unworthy humans. If I know that it brings all the Glory to our Father (and none of mine/me) then, I will speak out. He IS worthy of all praise!
I know our loving Father knows just what we need & when. He will use anything at His disposal to comfort, reassure, encourage, rebuke, & strengthen His beloved children. :)

Sowen

No, but I’m pretty sure if I literally saw an angel or the Lord as described in the Bible when He appeared to Paul, I’d think I was hallucinating or freak out because wow.

There’s a reason people in the Bible who had such encounters fell on their faces or fainted and were immediately told, “Fear not!”

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I have seen Jesus in several dreams, those dreams are almost always for direction in my life. The latest one directing me to stop playing video games. I did stop completely and my life has since gone full tilt towards him.
I completely love that your focus is upon Jesus.
Always keep your eyes upon Jesus.

Let us sing , Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.
Praise Him.
Much love in Christ.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Ive seen him through his actions answering my prayers and doing miracles for others by drawing people to him who you would never think would ever give their life to christ ,,eg people like bikies or atheists etc.

Conversion testimonies like these bring great joy to my heart but in terms of actually seeing the lord physically, no i haven't had the honour unfortunately but i hope to do so soon.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Ive seen him through his actions answering my prayers and doing miracles for others by drawing people to him who you would never think would ever give their life to christ ,,eg people like bikies or atheists etc.

Conversion testimonies like these bring great joy to my heart but in terms of actually seeing the lord physically, no i haven't had the honour unfortunately but i hope to do so soon.
We shall my friend.
:thumbup

Status
Not open for further replies.