Have you ever.....

CaryAnn

started talking to a stranger because you felt the Lord telling you they needed someone to talk with? Then you listened, really listened, as they share some worries and fears with you, a total stranger? You tell them that Almighty God led you to them and He knows all about them and how much He loves them. You pray with them and tears appear in their eyes.

You have just opened a door into someone's heart for Jesus. For some is may just be a planted seed. For others it may have been the watering or even the reaping of the harvest and you lead someone to Christ. Tell me what have you done that most would not think of doing?

Pat

started talking to a stranger because you felt the Lord telling you they needed someone to talk with? Then you listened, really listened, as they share some worries and fears with you, a total stranger? You tell them that Almighty God led you to them and He knows all about them and how much He loves them. You pray with them and tears appear in their eyes.

You have just opened a door into someone's heart for Jesus. For some is may just be a planted seed. For others it may have been the watering or even the reaping of the harvest and you lead someone to Christ. Tell me what have you done that most would not think of doing?
Philippians 2:3-5 in action.

CaryAnn

I am hoping someone will share their experiences with those who they have not known before but ended up ? Was this you first time? How did it make you feel? Did you get the opportunity to pray with them?

If you never have done this, is there a reason? Are you scared? Do you not know what to say? It isn't something you feel that you can do?

Sometimes we all need a little dialogue with others to help us discover if talking to strangers is a gift that Almighty God has given us but we don't use that gift. Sometimes we have gifts that we think are of little help for God's kingdom, yet they bring the same rewards are other gifts.

So, what are your gifts and do you use them on a regular basis? One of mine is to ask a lot of questions.

welkin

I am hoping someone will share their experiences with those who they have not known before but ended up ? Was this you first time? How did it make you feel? Did you get the opportunity to pray with them?

If you never have done this, is there a reason? Are you scared? Do you not know what to say? It isn't something you feel that you can do?

Sometimes we all need a little dialogue with others to help us discover if talking to strangers is a gift that Almighty God has given us but we don't use that gift. Sometimes we have gifts that we think are of little help for God's kingdom, yet they bring the same rewards are other gifts.

So, what are your gifts and do you use them on a regular basis? One of mine is to ask a lot of questions.
It was in 1995 that a came across a “This Was Your Life!” tract booklet, 20 pages of black and white cartoon with a gospel story. Jack Chick, the author, is a master ink drawing artist. I’ve handed out and placed thousands of these over the years to young and old, people like looking at cartoons.

I’ve also used thousands of the “Simple Plan of Salvation” from Lifegate Ministries; and the assorted tracts from Bible Tracts Inc.

About 98% of the people are polite in receiving, but my greatest joy is when they say they’ve been thinking about their souls here lately.

Some funny situations many times I handled them a tract and they handled me a different one back.

Praying the LORD’s blessing is primary for it’s the Holy Spirit that prepares the heart to receive the the truth of God’s Word.

CaryAnn

It was in 1995 that a came across a “This Was Your Life!” tract booklet, 20 pages of black and white cartoon with a gospel story. Jack Chick, the author, is a master ink drawing artist. I’ve handed out and placed thousands of these over the years to young and old, people like looking at cartoons.

I’ve also used thousands of the “Simple Plan of Salvation” from Lifegate Ministries; and the assorted tracts from Bible Tracts Inc.

About 98% of the people are polite in receiving, but my greatest joy is when they say they’ve been thinking about their souls here lately.

Some funny situations many times I handled them a tract and they handled me a different one back.

Praying the LORD’s blessing is primary for it’s the Holy Spirit that prepares the heart to receive the the truth of God’s Word.
How wonderful!!

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I do seem to have the knack of getting people involved in conversation....perfect strangers in the store. Often they say something to me first (not sure why...... ) but in the course of conversation God's been able to help me weave in either the Gospel, or to point to the Lord in some way as One to look to for hope.

The tough times right now are heavy on people's minds and it comes out as they are processing with me. I'm able to say something like, "I know these times are really difficult right now, I've been so thankful to have a wonderful hope and peace in Jesus Christ." Sometimes there's prayer that happens right there, or further conversation or a simple leaving them food for thought.

And, there's been a couple of times where I felt very led to give a tract, to which it was well received.

Humor can open up conversation really quick. And that can bring defenses down allowing for more openness to hearing the Gospel. A Christian with a sense of humor seems to help at times. :)

I would not say that I'm an evangelistic type.....it seems that God has used me more in helping Christians grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ in certain groups I've been able to be part of (particularly helping with cutting out false teachings and sharing how the incredible grace of God is available to us and how that plays out in our lives). However, it's been my prayer that God would help me to be even more alert to ways He'd like me to get the Gospel out or reach out to people. God's growing me in this even more.

Today, our family had a rare pleasure of going out to eat with our kid's friends joining. We were all talking about Star Wars and somehow Christianity came up....in a sort of joking manner about how it would affect the characters differently if they knew about it. By God's grace I was able to slip in there that faith in Jesus was the most important thing they would need to know. And, perhaps Darth Vader needed to hear about that. They all laughed.....and the conversation moved on....but, maybe the Lord will use just that little bit somehow to draw hearts.

CaryAnn

I do seem to have the knack of getting people involved in conversation....perfect strangers in the store. Often they say something to me first (not sure why...... ) but in the course of conversation God's been able to help me weave in either the Gospel, or to point to the Lord in some way as One to look to for hope.

The tough times right now are heavy on people's minds and it comes out as they are processing with me. I'm able to say something like, "I know these times are really difficult right now, I've been so thankful to have a wonderful hope and peace in Jesus Christ." Sometimes there's prayer that happens right there, or further conversation or a simple leaving them food for thought.

And, there's been a couple of times where I felt very led to give a tract, to which it was well received.

Humor can open up conversation really quick. And that can bring defenses down allowing for more openness to hearing the Gospel. A Christian with a sense of humor seems to help at times. :)

I would not say that I'm an evangelistic type.....it seems that God has used me more in helping Christians grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ in certain groups I've been able to be part of (particularly helping with cutting out false teachings and sharing how the incredible grace of God is available to us and how that plays out in our lives). However, it's been my prayer that God would help me to be even more alert to ways He'd like me to get the Gospel out or reach out to people. God's growing me in this even more.

Today, our family had a rare pleasure of going out to eat with our kid's friends joining. We were all talking about Star Wars and somehow Christianity came up....in a sort of joking manner about how it would affect the characters differently if they knew about it. By God's grace I was able to slip in there that faith in Jesus was the most important thing they would need to know. And, perhaps Darth Vader needed to hear about that. They all laughed.....and the conversation moved on....but, maybe the Lord will use just that little bit somehow to draw hearts.
You said you are not an evangelistic type but I must disagree!! "Evangelism means preaching, announcing, or otherwise communicating the gospel, our salvation. It’s delivering the message that Jesus Christ is not only the Son of God but also gave His life as a sacrifice for our sins. In doing so, He ensured eternal life for anyone who believes." taken from Christianity.com
That is exactly what you do. Many times we don't see or put any importance upon what we do for our Lord; but He sees everything and is so proud of even the little things we do.

CaryAnn

I have never seen the tract you have used. I have seen others but I really haven't used them. I love how we each have different ways to witness.

welkin

“I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.” (Psalms 142:4)