Have you ever seen a demon?

cheeky200386

If so, what did it look like? I'm guessing they come in many shapes and sizes. I think I've felt their presence before, but can't say that I've seen one. I've seen weird things, but never a demon.

I had an encounter when I was lost and 18 years old. I was woken up to being pulled down on my bed and I heard a deep male terrifying laugh. I felt frozen in place with fear but I immediately said the Lord's prayer in my head. Then I was able to move and so I ran over to my roommates room. She told me her and her sister had those experiences at night for years but it stopped after their mother prayed over them. As we stopped talking, I felt a weird sensation on my leg and saw a bright red hand mark on my right leg. It terrified the crap out of me and I never slept in that room again. I moved out a month or so later.

The most recent encounter was shortly after I became a Christian. I woke up to look over at my husband. I saw this black figure standing on the side of the bed next to my husband, staring at me. It had no identifiable features besides red eyes. I sensed a deep hatred coming from it and I immediately cried out to Jesus. It quickly left. That time I wasn't afraid because I knew Jesus Christ and I prayed until I fell asleep. I haven't had any other moments like that since, Thank God.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Yup... so did millions of others on January 20, 2009 :eek

On a more serious note, like TT, I don't feel comfortable talking about some of the things I have seen/experienced, especially on an open forum.
Now, I'm going to have nightmares for awhile, just thinking/remembering :sleep

Dear God, please hurry up! Please send Jesus back soon quickly tonight :pray :pray :amen :amen :rapture :rapture

:armor :pray :bible :pray :amen :knight

:bible Ephesians 6:10-20

JamesSuth

Once, I was fast asleep during the night when I suddenly awoke knowing there was something pure evil in the room, I felt fear and cried out for Jesus (there was no time for an eloquent prayer) and immediately it was gone (it was literally a split second). I went back to a sound sleep so grateful that God is always with us and we have nothing to fear. The town I used to live in had many ghost stories over the last couple of centuries. I think that is how demons mostly show themselves.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
If so, what did it look like? I'm guessing they come in many shapes and sizes. I think I've felt their presence before, but can't say that I've seen one. I've seen weird things, but never a demon.

I've had dreams where it certainly felt that I was being choked , some people refer to it as sleep paralysis I think, but it certainly feels like I was literally being choked.

I just thank God that I don't have these sorts of dreams anymore.

Endangered

I'm pretty sure we have all seen demons but dont recognize them as such because they are disguised. Around a third of the Angels decided to follow Satan when he rebelled. Satan is described as the best looking angel of all. My guess is we see demons, maybe every day, but they dont look like monsters but like every day people.
Satan deals in deceit above all and still wants to pretend to unbelievers he doesnt exist. Demons looking like monsters would give him away.

Kerbluey

When I was a teen we lived in an apartment that had demonic activity like lights and TVs turning on. My mom heard the front door open and close once. The weird thing is we weren’t scared, and I don’t think it ever occurred to my mom to pray over it. However, our place backed up to a forest, and there was such a frightening presence there we finally stopped hiking it. I’m pretty sure I saw something there once, but I dissociated so I’m not confident in the image I’m remembering. I asked God to reveal it to me, and I believe He has then He strongly impressed on me I’m to have nothing more to do with researching this stuff (Bigfoot stuff).

I think I experienced quenching the Holy Spirit with this. I kept going back to my favorite Bigfoot forum. The Holy Spirit would convict me. I kept going back “one more time.” The last time there was no conviction, just silence. That scared me and finally got through to me. I’m so stubborn!! Ugh!!

Last edited:

Ani Lo Calah

I have personally witnessed someone possessed by an evil spirit, demon, whatever you want to call it. A guy I used to work with roughly 25 yrs. ago. It happened right in front of me at work in my office. I was the only one with him at the time. I already knew this was happening to him, but I hadn't actually seen it until that day. I worked in the office of an apartment complex and the two of us were in the office just talking, if I recall it was about his situation (see backstory below) and I was trying to be positive and encouraging. All of a sudden, he got a blank stare on his face, his eyes turned black, and a foreign language started coming from his mouth like it was cussing at me. I can't say I was really scared out of my wits, more nervous, but I knew what was happening. Our boss was just coming back into the office about that time, and she immediately closed the door and her and I started praying in the name of Jesus, which stopped it. My co-worker then like snapped out of it and he didn't really know what had just happened.

Backstory: My co-worker and his wife were heavy in the Pentecostal/Apostolic faith (her more so). His wife prayed in tongues, which I've witnessed. She strayed though. She hooked up with a dark cults man at her workplace and turned weird. My co-worker couldn't compete with the new guy in his wife's life so he asked Satan for power to fight the guy on his own playing field. After that, his life took a deep dive. Our boss was a strong Christian woman and really tried to keep him on the right track spiritually. She interceded on his behalf and bound the evil spirit in the name of Jesus Christ, many, many times. My co-worker would come back to his senses, but the spirit would return because he was still holding onto anger about his wife and this other guy and wouldn't give it all up to Jesus, so the evil spirit continued to hold power over him. He struggled for years with the evil spirit taunting him, until he was ready in his heart and with his mouth spoke the power of Jesus over it.

This all happened when I was in the process of walking away from my carnal life and committing my life to walking with Jesus. Witnessing what I did, it certainly made a believer out of me and made me want to cling to Christ even more.

moosejive

I'm pretty sure we have all seen demons but dont recognize them as such because they are disguised. Around a third of the Angels decided to follow Satan when he rebelled. Satan is described as the best looking angel of all. My guess is we see demons, maybe every day, but they dont look like monsters but like every day people.
Satan deals in deceit above all and still wants to pretend to unbelievers he doesnt exist. Demons looking like monsters would give him away.
I agree with Endangered, I think we all have met oppressed and possessed people, but they appear normal outwardly. Some don’t and appear to be evil from the beginning. I don’t think I’ve personally had an encounter, but know a pastor who has had multiple encounters. He has traveled abroad and in the U.S. on evangelical and mission trips. He’s only told of a few encounters, but those were enough. He says that even a mention of the name of Jesus will elicit fear and anger in the demons. Praying and binding these spirits in the name of Jesus will work, but that our own spiritual life must align with Jesus. If it doesn’t, we won’t be too effective in countering them.

He’s only told a few stories, but they were enough to know that the devil is very active in the world today. And to raise the hair on my head!! :oops::yikes He said even the newest baby Christian has power over the demons, but to confront them with 2 or more fellow believers gives support against the lies and deceit coming from the demon. The more mature believers can lead and mentor the newer ones.
For He that is in us, is greater than he who is in the world.

cheeky200386

That's so true. We have all probably seen people possesed by them. In the building I work, there are 2 offices vacant next to mine. Last summer one was rented out to a new age provider of Xigong (healing energy). The first day I saw him, I went to say hello and shake hands but he was just so creepy. He looked lifeless, and seemed uncomfortable around me. There was a darkness in him, that I didn't understand at first. Everytime I saw him, he never said hi and just seemed like he wanted to avoid me.

I researched his practice and immediately began praying in the hallway and outside his door. I did this for weeks until he left after only 3 months. I have asked God to dedicate that building for his Glory and for the saving of souls.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Yes, I saw a demon once when I was a teenager. It was the most scared I have ever felt in my life, but I prayed the name Jesus and it immediately left. I drew a picture of it once a few years after it happened, as the image was seared in my mind, and showed my mom and sister. It was glowing in the dark silver and had a lion's head, but with no mane and large dark eyes. It was at the foot of my bed watching me.

A few times in my life, I have woken up in the middle of the night feeling like there is an intense evil presence in the room, so I pray, and it immediately goes away. Demons flee at the name of Jesus. Sometimes if I feel scared at night, I ask Jesus to send angels to watch over me. There is spiritual warfare going on all the time and probably ramping up now quite a bit.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
I wonder why some Christians do have these demon sighting encounters? Is it possible to be super spiritually sensitive? My older sis, who is an extremely strong prayer warrior, has met several demon-possessed people in her life; she said their eyes are almost black and such evil coming from them that she immediately prays in her mind and the person always walks away or is silenced. I think I only met one demon possessed person (that lady at the tram stop in Australia, but God sent an angel to protect me) - I wrote about that experience in the God Things thread.

antitox

I have had all kinds of crazy things happen along the way and in my dreams as well. I'm sure we all have something that we've have been confronted with at some point. Like what
Ani Lo Calah said and Cheeky as well; with people you can see it in their eyes. It's unmistakable. And likewise you can see it in a person filled with the Holy Spirit as I did years ago. There was a Baptist guy I was talking to and he was smiling and had a blaze in his eyes, like the Fire of the Spirit burning. I will never forget that. It was a peace....but unmistakable Spirit power. Gosh, I love that.

yrrek

Before I was a Christian... I was into the occult. When I was doing witchcraft, part of a ritual before any spell or whatever is asking the spirits into your "circle" which I believe now is basically the same as asking the Holy Spirit into your heart. When you belong to them, their power feels... exhilarating. Like the high you get when you drink too much. I had Christian friends at the time and when they found out what I was into they began to hound me about God and Jesus. (Thank goodness). Well... one day I asked Jesus to show me the truth. It wasn't long after that when I was doing an incantation for luck to help me with a big test in school (I was in the 8th grade) I called the "spirits" into my circle. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and it was my reflection. But, this time it was different. I saw the face of what I was worshiping. I saw my image with the demon overshadowing my image. Seeing my demonic image completely changed my belief system. That night I gave up the occult and asked Jesus into my heart. That's when the spirits I called on and used for witchcraft turned on me. That's when I really saw what they were like. The feeling wasn't like a high anymore. It was constant fear until I would ask God to help me. Whenever I asked the Holy Spirit to fill the room the evil ones would leave. Then I began going to church and connected to a youth pastor. He taught me how to cleanse the house and pray over it to prevent the spirits from staying there. It worked! Demons can blind you into thinking they are not evil. But once Jesus reveals the truth there's no going back. I feel very blessed to have many good Christian friends who prayed for me and were persistent in telling me the truth.

yrrek

Yup... so did millions of others on January 20, 2009 :eek

On a more serious note, like TT, I don't feel comfortable talking about some of the things I have seen/experienced, especially on an open forum.
Now, I'm going to have nightmares for awhile, just thinking/remembering :sleep

Dear God, please hurry up! Please send Jesus back soon quickly tonight :pray :pray :amen :amen :rapture :rapture

:armor :pray :bible :pray :amen :knight

:bible Ephesians 6:10-20

They are scary but they are nothing compared to God. Just ask Jesus to put his hand on you and give you peace. I like to remember my past experience good and bad because it reminds me of how God took care of me.