Have You Confessed With Your Mouth?

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I like what Paul says regarding salvation. He states you must believe in your heart which many other bible passages state, but adds confess with your mouth. Why does he add that you must confess with your mouth? That is because there is some action you must take to seal the deal so to speak. It's like someone asking if you want a cake they baked for you. Your answer of yes, does not get you the cake, you must now take it. If a man asks a woman to marry him, her answer of yes does not get them married. They must go through a ceremony. The taking of the cake or the marriage ceremony just confirms your decision.

You may now ask whether you agree or not, what about those who can't speak. Well first let me say the confessing with your mouth is to God not man. So as God can hear you even if you can't speak audibly, everyone can do this. Whether man can hear your confession or not, does not change it's effect of saving you. It just allows someone near you to know you did it. So the confession is just a confirmation to really both you and God that you believe.

I wrote this because I just got off the phone with one of my sisters and I am not sure she is really saved. We were kind of debating whether Black Lives Matter was a good thing or not. We finally agreed to disagree. She then stated, well the good thing is that we both believe in God and Jesus and that's what's most important. In my mind I was thinking "do we really agree regarding God and Jesus?". She was defending the Black Lives Matter spiritual influence as a good thing, when I believe it is of Satan. So it made me wonder if she was just a Christian the way I am a Republican. Just something we lean toward, but are not committed to and may change our mind in the future. If she never confessed with her mouth the Lord Jesus, she has never really committed herself to it.

So I sent her an E-Mail message asking if she has every committed herself to Jesus (confessed with her mouth). I just sent it 20 minutes ago, so I don't know what the answer is yet. Just to be clear, as most of you know I am not speaking of works, just a one time confession. If you are not sure if any family members or friends are saved, you may want to ask them have they ever confessed with their mouth the Lord Jesus

Eric Nicholas

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I like what Paul says regarding salvation. He states you must believe in your heart which many other bible passages state, but adds confess with your mouth. Why does he add that you must confess with your mouth? That is because there is some action you must take to seal the deal so to speak. It's like someone asking if you want a cake they baked for you. Your answer of yes, does not get you the cake, you must now take it. If a man asks a woman to marry him, her answer of yes does not get them married. They must go through a ceremony. The taking of the cake or the marriage ceremony just confirms your decision.

You may now ask whether you agree or not, what about those who can't speak. Well first let me say the confessing with your mouth is to God not man. So as God can hear you even if you can't speak audibly, everyone can do this. Whether man can hear your confession or not, does not change it's effect of saving you. It just allows someone near you to know you did it. So the confession is just a confirmation to really both you and God that you believe.

I wrote this because I just got off the phone with one of my sisters and I am not sure she is really saved. We were kind of debating whether Black Lives Matter was a good thing or not. We finally agreed to disagree. She then stated, well the good thing is that we both believe in God and Jesus and that's what's most important. In my mind I was thinking "do we really agree regarding God and Jesus?". She was defending the Black Live Matter spiritual influence as a good thing, when I believe it is of Satan. So it made me wonder if she was just a Christian the way I am a Republican. Just something we lean toward, but are not committed to and may change our mind in the future. If she never confessed with her mouth the Lord Jesus, she has never really committed herself to it.

So I sent her an E-Mail message asking if she has every committed herself to Jesus (confessed with her mouth). I just sent it 20 minutes ago, so I don't know what the answer is yet. Just to be clear, as most of you know I am not speaking of works, just a one time confession. If you are not sure if any family members or friends are saved, you may want to ask them have they ever confessed with their mouth the Lord Jesus
I'm praying for your dear sister, Goodboy. I'm working on my brother right now. Yes a young man of 21 years of age. We are 34, 32, 24, and 21. That world, ya know?