Have we forgotten GOD and Who He is?

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
As I read Psalm 46 this morning I was reminded of how Great is our God, so I want to remind you as well.
Enjoy,

1God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
4There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
10He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
11The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Last edited:

annieforjesus

Yes, I needed to read this, thank you.....I don't know if it's permitted to mention a movie or video, just delete this if it isn't..I recently watched a movie made by Moody Church..it was on Amazon Prime...it was titled God's Creation...oh my, it was breath taking and beautiful..I learned things I didn't know about Creation..we live in one galaxy, and as God stretched out the heavens, there may be 250 billion galaxies...so many in depth looks, as much as man can look, was just so interesting and encouraging to watch.

mattfivefour

Yes, I needed to read this, thank you.....I don't know if it's permitted to mention a movie or video, just delete this if it isn't..I recently watched a movie made by Moody Church..it was on Amazon Prime...it was titled God's Creation...oh my, it was breath taking and beautiful..I learned things I didn't know about Creation..we live in one galaxy, and as God stretched out the heavens, there may be 250 billion galaxies...so many in depth looks, as much as man can look, was just so interesting and encouraging to watch.
Was it "Wonders of God's Creation"? Or "God of Creation"? Both are on Amazon Prime.

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
This is from Isaiah 40...

25 “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

alisani

This is from Isaiah 40...

25 “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Thank you brother. God's Word finds every drought-ridden nook and cranny that needs watering. I was a bit parched.

Kerbluey

I‘ve been watching Wonder’s of God’s Creation as well. Actually, listening since I’m doing needlework. I highly recommend it. The first episode was all kinds of amazing video with scripture being read and a hymn. I love having scripture being read out loud in the background. I’m going to alternate between this series, Tim Janis’ videos, and I’m looking forward to the Ken Ham program.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I‘ve been watching Wonder’s of God’s Creation as well. Actually, listening since I’m doing needlework. I highly recommend it. The first episode was all kinds of amazing video with scripture being read and a hymn. I love having scripture being read out loud in the background. I’m going to alternate between this series, Tim Janis’ videos, and I’m looking forward to the Ken Ham program.
Is this the same series as the ones by John Smith? I watched episode 1 of a video series by this name and it was quite good.
PS: what kind of needlework are you doing?

Kerbluey

Is this the same series as the ones by John Smith? I watched episode 1 of a video series by this name and it was quite good.
PS: what kind of needlework are you doing?

I‘m not sure. I’ll look when I watch some this afternoon. I did notice yesterday National Geographic was in the credits of the animal episode, which stunned me. Maybe they used their footage.

I‘m doing a cross stitch pattern of a fat patchwork cat sitting on a patchwork quilt. I’ve been wanting to stitch it for almost 40 years, literally. The pattern is that old. I switched up the colors from the circa 1980 browns to brighter lime greens and purples and mints, etc. That makes it look a lot less country and more folk art.

Do you do needlework??

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Do you do needlework?
Yes. For a number of years, I enjoyed knitting, but now, I mostly prefer sitting at my sewing machine and working on something for family and friends. Our granddaughter is studying to become occupational therapist assistant, and this summer needed some masks for her observations at a hospital. I've recently made some pot holders and iron skillet handle covers. Sewing relaxes me, and like you, I have the opportunity to view some godly videos/sermons.
Your Cat crosstitch sounds very nice. Wish you'd post a picture when it's completed.

Kerbluey

Yes. For a number of years, I enjoyed knitting, but now, I mostly prefer sitting at my sewing machine and working on something for family and friends. Our granddaughter is studying to become occupational therapist assistant, and this summer needed some masks for her observations at a hospital. I've recently made some pot holders and iron skillet handle covers. Sewing relaxes me, and like you, I have the opportunity to view some godly videos/sermons.
Your Cat crosstitch sounds very nice. Wish you'd post a picture when it's completed.

My mom loves to sew too. Her favorite day is one at the sewing machine. I used to knit a lot more. I liked knitting hats for Samaritan’s purse shoeboxes, but I haven’t done it in quite awhile. I’ll see if there’s a place to maybe start a craft pic thread. I’d love to see your (and anyone’s) projects.

Back