Have a Hobby Lobby Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlejoe

I don't know what Meg and Roberts problem is here??..

I work for a christian couple who built a grocery store from nothing 35 years ago,exactly like this man here...

He employees 90 people,and its become the largest grocery store in this area.His rule is we must say merry christmas to all..

And said the day comes when im told to stop--is the day i shut my doors!!

Last edited:

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
I can't believe my eyes. :twitch I cannot believe that a guy who should
be lauded for an incredible stand for human life and it's sacredness is being
slandered because his stand will cost his employee's jobs? :scratch: Are the
employees jobs more important than unborn life? So What should he do?
Should he continue on as if money will not go to help fund abortion? Should
he justify it by saying that he must keep his employees employed? Sounds like
compromise to me and that is exactly what this forum stands against. Apostasy
is everywhere. Either we believe what we believe and walk this walk with integrity
and our whole hearts or we be like all the other apostates out there. This walk is not
easy and yes, there are some tough choices to make. Do I compromise my faith to
put food on the table? I believe the day is fast approaching when we will all get to ask
that question. I'm not angry or judging anyone but is this a slippery slope that we really
want Christians to start down? Really?

Here are a few remarks from opposing views.

" My family wont be darkening the door to spend any more money in this store Hobby
Lobby store ran by religious bigots and bullies. "

" ...Religion (God) is so last century. I used to believe in santa claus and the
easter bunny too, but then I grew up....

" I hope Hobby Looby goes out of business, and the sooner the better.
The same things are one third the cost at Wal-mart, and Wal-mart doesn;t shove their religion
at everybody
. "
The world expects us to cave into their demands through compromise.
It's the last days people. We must stand up for what we believe no matter what
it cost us! :nod

Joe B

I wonder if some here are making judgements on David Green without knowing how the story will end?

He has many options, some good some not so good, but we don't know yet what course he will end up taking?

I'm sure he will be praying over this and I'm sure that God will reveal to him his plan.

EnRapturedwithChrist

I find it incredible that anyone would criticize a person for taking a stand against funding the abortions of innocent children. :shocked

I do understand that people will not always agree on things but I would humbly ask that all who disagree would pray to God and ask for

discernment in this matter. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

Editor1

I also don't see how an employer is morally obligated to provide his employees with work for the rest of their lives.
Here's the thing: somebody has to do it. Either private employers does it or the government does it. Now, personally, I would prefer the government to do it, but I'm OK either way.

The reason the healthcare issue got to be so super important is the costs just got way out of hand. Two years ago, I went to the emergency room for four hours. They gave me a couple of pain pills, but I left no better off than when I arrived. And they wanted me to pay $480 out of pocket?!?!? I told them where they could stick that.

Regular, normal, middle class people can get wiped out by one week in the hospital. That's flat out WRONG!! That's why we have to fix the system one way or the other, to make those who DO have the money shoulder the financial burden for everyone. So if a company doesn't offer a health insurance plan, or if a person is not employed or self-employed, then either the government or the health care provider is going to wind up covering that gap.

Lily

Looking Up
Here's the thing: somebody has to do it. Either private employers does it or the government does it. Now, personally, I would prefer the government to do it, but I'm OK either way.

The reason the healthcare issue got to be so super important is the costs just got way out of hand. Two years ago, I went to the emergency room for four hours. They gave me a couple of pain pills, but I left no better off than when I arrived. And they wanted me to pay $480 out of pocket?!?!? I told them where they could stick that.

Regular, normal, middle class people can get wiped out by one week in the hospital. That's flat out WRONG!! That's why we have to fix the system one way or the other, to make those who DO have the money shoulder the financial burden for everyone. So if a company doesn't offer a health insurance plan, or if a person is not employed or self-employed, then either the government or the health care provider is going to wind up covering that gap.
This is an attempt to hijack this thread. The issue at hand is forcing Christian companies to fund abortions.

Not how much a couple of pain pills cost you, and btw, if you didn't pay your bill you are contributing to the high cost that everyone pays. But that's not the point of the thread.

Hobby Lobby is objecting to covering the cost of killing babies, that's the issue that they went to court over. But I think you already knew that.

Editor1

I get that. I sympathize with their position. Not sure I have a solution in this case.

If you grant them an exception based on "moral objections", then everyone and his dog is going to claim the same thing. I suppose that's why you have to put it to a vote.

On the other hand, maybe Hobby Lobby could put collection baskets in their stores and allow customers who agree with their stance to help defray the cost.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Editor, how does customers contributing deal with the problem? The issue is not how much it costs the Hobby Lobby owners; they have never argued against paying whatever the amount is. The issue is that whatever amount they pay, some of it is going to murder babies. And, as Christians, they cannot before God contribute in any way whatsoever to those murders.

I cannot understand why people cannot see that that is the ONLY issue for them.

anath

I Love the Lord
:crying Robert and Meg my heart breaks...that's all I can say. We love you and will keep y'all in our prayers.

GlennO

If I had a vote concerning this thread.... it would be to lock it down.

Adrian, you have provided great balance and edification to the Bride.

Status
Not open for further replies.