Hate crimes against Kurds rise in Turkey

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hate crimes against Kurds rise in Turkey
Turkey’s shift to the far-right in recent years has resulted in massive incitement against Kurds and minorities.
By SETH J. FRANTZMAN
JULY 31, 2021

Turkey’s far-right media continues to incite against the Kurdish minority, most recently blaming “terrorists” for setting fires even though there is no evidence that any group is behind natural forest fires in Turkey. On Friday, seven Kurds from the same family were murdered in an attack that appeared to mirror a similar attack on the same Kurdish minority family in May. Attacks on Kurds have rapidly increased in the last several years in Turkey. Turkey’s far-right nationalists have a long history of ethnic cleansing and genocide against Kurds, Alevis, Armenians, Greeks and other minorities. In recent years, this hatred has sometimes received official backing from the ruling AKP party, although the Islamic party also sometimes tries to cultivate Kurdish voters as well.

The recent tragedy in Turkey occurred in Konya province. The Dedeoglu family had been targeted in the past when a far-right mob allegedly linked to the MHP party, which is a nationalist party, attacked the same family, sending many of them to the hospital. Family members complained of continuing threats and attacks since May. While Kurds and family members say the mass murder was due to racism against Kurds, authorities want to blame the attack on a feud between families. This appears to be similar to racism in many countries where the racist majority tends to downplay incidents of racism, while minorities speak up.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/hate-crimes-against-kurds-rise-in-turkey-675473

athenasius

Turkey’s far-right media continues to incite against the Kurdish minority, most recently blaming “terrorists” for setting fires even though there is no evidence that any group is behind natural forest fires in Turkey.
Just like Hitler blamed the Jews for everything bad that happened in Germany. If it gets repeated often enough, the public will either support genocide or turn a blind eye to it. And Turkey invented the term genocide when they tried to murder all the Armenians so they could take over the formerly Christian Armenian people's land and territory. They are still at it.

The Kurds are actually the descendants of the ancient Medes (of Medes and Persia) and they will yet play a role so we know Turkey won't wipe them out.

Isaiah 13:17-21 but really the whole chapter because the Medes that God stirs up are the modern day Kurds.

There is a very specific reference to the Day of the Lord and verse 20 says this:
She will never be inhabited
or lived in through all generations;
there no nomads will pitch their tents,
there no shepherds will rest their flocks.
and I've seen pictures of the arabs pitching their tents and minding flocks of sheep in the ruins. So this chapter, this passage is for the future!

The Kurds are a people to keep our prophetic eyes on whenever they pop up in the news. And they've been in the news, in Turkey, over in Syria where Turkey is trying to wipe them out, and over into Iran where they form one of the many ethnic groups that make up Iran.

Turkey won't win, they will simply help stir these ancient people up and unite them together.

13 A prophecy against Babylon that Isaiah son of Amoz saw:

2 Raise a banner on a bare hilltop,
shout to them;
beckon to them
to enter the gates of the nobles.
3 I have commanded those I prepared for battle;
I have summoned my warriors to carry out my wrath—
those who rejoice in my triumph.

4 Listen, a noise on the mountains,
like that of a great multitude!
Listen, an uproar among the kingdoms,
like nations massing together!
The Lord Almighty is mustering
an army for war.
5 They come from faraway lands,
from the ends of the heavens—
the Lord and the weapons of his wrath—
to destroy the whole country.

6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is near;
it will come like destruction from the Almighty.
7 Because of this, all hands will go limp,
every heart will melt with fear.
8 Terror will seize them,
pain and anguish will grip them;
they will writhe like a woman in labor.
They will look aghast at each other,
their faces aflame.

9 See, the day of the Lord is coming
—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger—
to make the land desolate
and destroy the sinners within it.
10 The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
11 I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.

12 I will make people scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place
at the wrath of the Lord Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger.

14 Like a hunted gazelle,
like sheep without a shepherd,
they will all return to their own people,
they will flee to their native land.
15 Whoever is captured will be thrust through;
all who are caught will fall by the sword.
16 Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
their houses will be looted and their wives violated.

17 See, I will stir up against them the Medes,
who do not care for silver
and have no delight in gold.
18 Their bows will strike down the young men;
they will have no mercy on infants,
nor will they look with compassion on children.
19 Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms,
the pride and glory of the Babylonians,
will be overthrown by God

like Sodom and Gomorrah.
20 She will never be inhabited
or lived in through all generations;
there no nomads will pitch their tents,
there no shepherds will rest their flocks.

21 But desert creatures will lie there,
jackals will fill her houses;
there the owls will dwell,
and there the wild goats will leap about.
22 Hyenas will inhabit her strongholds,
jackals her luxurious palaces.
Her time is at hand,
and her days will not be prolonged.

Carl

Nothing new! Turkey troops back in 2001 when the US was in Iraq were picking on the Kurds every chance they got. Our Speical Forces used to keep them apart back then.