has anyone heard of these?

Psalm37v4

Have any of you heard of the following…

1. Voddie Baugham? I read somewhere that he is Calvinist was wondering if anyone knew.

2. *Admin removed website. Something ain't right there.*

are these good or bad? Thanks for reading and replying.

lismore

1. Voddie Baugham? I read somewhere that he is Calvinist was wondering if anyone knew.
My uncle was watching a few Voddie Baugham clips on youtube. The first was ok. In the second he said that there was no significance whatsoever in the return of Israel in 1948. We decided not to watch anymore after that daft statement. God Bless You :)
P.S I really like your username! :)

Last edited:

Neonap

I have heard of Voddie, some things he has said during his sermons were good but anyone who refuses to see the importance of Israel being back in her land is someone I would personally avoid. I tend to stay away from preachers that hold a total depravity/predestination kind of doctrine or are extremely charismatic.

Calvary is pretty good imo.

Lynn

Longing for Home
anyone who refuses to see the importance of Israel being back in her land is someone I would personally avoid
You're right about that, Neonap! By the way, Voddie is indeed Calvinist. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have some good things to say on occasion, but when I discover that a pastor is Calvinist, I move on and listen to Andy Woods.

Batman

Last name is Baucham and while he has a lot of good things to say I also see that he is wrong on other things; which is something I cannot be a part of if deprogramming has to be done after listening to a preacher/teacher with intermingled truth and falsehoods/inaccuracies.

Neonap

You're right about that, Neonap! By the way, Voddie is indeed Calvinist. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have some good things to say on occasion, but when I discover that a pastor is Calvinist, I move on and listen to Andy Woods.

Yeah, that's true. If I listen to a Calvinist, I stick to ones who believe in the reality of heaven and hell, etc etc. I listen to Allie Beth Stuckey who is good but I disagree a lot on how she views prophecy and Calvinist views.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I listen to Allie Beth Stuckey who is good but I disagree a lot on how she views prophecy and Calvinist views
May I suggest that you think about moving on to another more solid Bible teacher?
but when I discover that a pastor is Calvinist, I move on and listen to Andy Woods
Like maybe this one ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Can't make it any plainer than that.
www.slbc.org

Neonap

May I suggest that you think about moving on to another more solid Bible teacher?

Like maybe this one ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Can't make it any plainer than that.
www.slbc.org

Lol don't worry, I only listen to her for her political commentary, the solid bible stuff I go to Andy Woods, Pastor Jack Hibbs, Tom Hughes, etc etc etc. I mostly listen to a variety of calvary pastors, though I like to study the bible for myself. We gotta be bereans, and test everything that our pastor says.

Lynn

Longing for Home
Lol don't worry, I only listen to her for her political commentary, the solid bible stuff I go to Andy Woods, Pastor Jack Hibbs, Tom Hughes, etc etc etc. I mostly listen to a variety of calvary pastors, though I like to study the bible for myself. We gotta be bereans, and test everything that our pastor says.
Excellent reply :scoregood Neonap, you're very wise for such a young person. Glad you're part of our RF family here. God bless you and your upcoming meeting with some of your family members.

athenasius

2. *Admin removed website. Something ain't right there*

are these good or bad? Thanks for reading and replying.
Voddie Baucham is a Calvinist and we had some threads on him recently, I'll try to find the links and post them in here.

That other site is extremely legalistic. Easter is not pagan. It is the celebration of our Lord's resurrection from the dead and it is the fulfillment of Passover. This is the same type of group I've bumped into before that is big on not celebrating Christmas or Easter and women must wear long hair, long dresses and a head covering and behave extremely submissively to their husbands. I've seen plenty of those groups and the fruit is generally NOT GOOD. Just my initial observation, but I wouldn't bother with them either. That kind of group tends to major on works, the ability of the christian to act holy as measured by exterior things.

I'm off to see if I can get those other threads on Voddie Baucham for you.

Lynn

Longing for Home
Now.. when I wanna get rowdy and roll around the floor, I listen to good old Kenneth Copeland and cast out demons out of my mattress. Lol joking, but do you have any other good recommendations? Lol
You're already listening to some fine Bible teachers, though Andy Woods is my # 1 pick. The late J. Vernon McGee is good, too. I subscribe to World Prayer Team from Through the Bible (ttb.org), and people all over the world are becoming Christians under the late pastor's preaching by satellite broadcasts in their own language. Each morning I get an email saying what country our prayer team is asked to pray for that day. I love reading testimonies of people who have been saved through this ministry.

JSTyler

Voddie is such a likable guy. He's great on so many things like critical theory and the like but the reformed-calvy stuff is a deal breaker. When someone claims that Israel is a historical footnote (my inference, not his direct words) they make God a liar.

I've seen plenty of those groups and the fruit is generally NOT GOOD.
That's because you're wickedly rebellious and haven't learned to properly submit to the glorious, always pure and righteous authority of THE MAN, yet! EVE. SINNED. FIRST. ;)

:sarcasm

Just kidding of course. I had a flashback from my childhood and projected it forward. It was a fun way to grow up, seriously it was. Most of my early rebellion was against the fabric shackles rules. I was so stubborn about not wearing ties, button shirts, long pants and socks, my folks simply gave up trying. They felt lucky if I had shorts on, the rest was left to fate and whimsy. It was that combined with being too busy fighting with each other through their Sunday hangovers combined with fighting their own battles to not be excommunicated for various and sundry reasons.

Suffice it to say, we didn't last long there :diablo

Wings Like Eagles

Now.. when I wanna get rowdy and roll around the floor, I listen to good old Kenneth Copeland and cast out demons out of my mattress. Lol joking, but do you have any other good recommendations? Lol
One of the few mega church pastors I would trust, would be Dr. Andy Woods. His grasp of Scripture is amazing. But, as you suggest, it is best that we study the Scriptures thoroughly for ourselves. We will then be able to discern the counterfeit and un-biblical teaching of some famous pastors. An old bromide in the Church is that the way they train bank workers to spot counterfeits is to thoroughly teach them about the features of the real currency and then they can easily recognize the fake. They will then compare that to the absolute necessity for a believer to study the word of God. in order to be able to spot false teaching.