Has anyone else thought about this?

Betty

For about a year I have had the feeling that the Goverment is going to place a tax on white people to give to black agendas? I think all this kneeling down to blacks and apologizing to them is getting white Americans conditioned to accept the tax.
Betty

Footsteps

I don't think so. It would be a form of "reparations" which is unworkable due to the inability to specifically determine which individuals are "owed" money from wrongs done over a century ago. It would be equally challenging to determine what the "black agendas” are, given differences among black people about where and how to allocate the funds. Also, more Americans, regardless of political party, have been witness to a higher standard of living for all races when our overall economy improves. A high tide lifts all boats.

cheeky200386

For about a year I have had the feeling that the Goverment is going to place a tax on white people to give to black agendas? I think all this kneeling down to blacks and apologizing to them is getting white Americans conditioned to accept the tax.
Betty

How would they decide whose White? There are so many half black half white people.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
How can you measure something that is different for each person? For those in power saying this is 400 years of evil we must make reparations for, what does that mean and where does it stop? Ever since the beginning of time, our world has mostly been people fighting and taking from each other (anyone who has studied history knows the constant fighting and infighting of any nation throughout time). America has only lasted this long because of the Constitution, but even that is getting eaten away; even my more liberal friends admit to this. The world is only going to implode more and more, like the Bible says. I have Swedish ancestry, so know I must have bloodlines of Vikings who went around pillaging. Evil has always been in the heart of man. Kneeling, submitting, apologizing won't fix the problem. I just feel really frustrated by all of this. It seems so stupid and pointless to further divide people this way. Now silence is akin to racism, as I'm seeing all the shaming on social media for those who refuse to partake in the acceptable narrative (or prove how "woke" you are). I will never chant the BLM chants and I will never kneel, but I will always continue to love people around me. Love your neighbor as yourself. That is where the healing starts.

RonJohnSilver

I saw one article stating that one black leader was asking for full scholarships for all black students and an end to govt. loans to black students. Also, Biden said earlier this week that he would support a similar reparations bill only if it included native americans, but, as mentioned, there's a lot of mixed race people in this nation. However it manifests itself, I know this for certain. The American people, of all races, will wind up footing the bill.