Happy Groundhog Day

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by Cloud Watcher, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Cloud Watcher

Cloud Watcher Well-Known Member

Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow, which supposedly means an early spring. I bet all the people effected by the polar vortex hope so.

Kem, Judy4Jesus and Mary Cole like this.
  2. Mary Cole

Mary Cole Well-Known Member

:bouncies:bluesclues:mousedance:wooo:dance:hyper:monkeydance:ring:thedog

Kem and Judy4Jesus like this.
  3. Cloud Watcher

Looks like somebody is happy.

Kem, Judy4Jesus and Mary Cole like this.
  4. Teresa66

Teresa66 Well-Known Member

Not in the vortex but I'm still happy and looking forward to spring! :humble:humble

Kem likes this.
  5. anath

anath I Love the Lord

It is Spring down here, our first sign... the Tulip Magnolia trees and they are in full bloom

Kem and Mary Cole like this.
  6. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I was affected by a weakening of the polar vortex in my neck of the woods... it was like an early spring, kind of. We've never called it a polar vortex though. I'm wondering where that term came from. We just always called it winter... Having been spoiled by that spring like weather when he had temps above zero, I'm looking forward to an early spring. And I can't help but share in a wee bit of Mary's enthusiasm!

anath and Kem like this.
  7. RobinB

RobinB Well-Known Member

I like winter. But after Super Bowl, I'm ready for spring. :bee

anath, Tall Timbers and Kem like this.
  8. Cloud Watcher

We are getting a little snow today. I always say I am ready for spring as soon as November arrives and it's dark early.

anath, Tall Timbers and Kem like this.
  9. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Hmm, right about now I think the groundhog needs a refresher course in weather prediction. We are seriously snowy especially for this time of year, and it's cold outside.

Groundhog: Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your winter back!

Margery to Groundhog, I WAS SATISFIED when you said it would be an early spring, what are U talking about?

Groundhog to Margery: Okily dokily, another 6 weeks for HER!

Kem, ShilohRose and Mary Cole like this.