Hand sewing

Work4Peanuts

Do any of you ladies in Christ sew by hand? I find it very therapeutic and fun. Since I collect vintage Barbie and also vintage Dawn dolls, I enjoy sewing up or modifying outfits. Most I sew by hand, but some I sew by machine and partly by hand.
I do. I've been very slowly piecing quilting squares by hand. I've never actually made a quilt before, but, in theory, I have all the skills, thanks to my grandmother's teaching.

JoyJoyJoy

I just started. When the Lord delivered me from nicotine/smoking, I found I needed to keep my hands busy. I started learning to embroidery and I love it!!! I also "upcycle" items for myself and my grand daughters. I sit and sew for hours. And yes it makes my hands stuff and painful.

Psalm37v4

one of my favorite things to do is upcycle "people clothes" into doll clothes. I've found cute and cheap clothes in thrift stores that I used for Barbie outfits. A friend gets handkerchiefs from the dollar store and makes clothes for her daughter's dolls. I also have made clothes from socks!

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
I enjoy needle felting, but haven’t done it in a while. I guess now is a good time to get back into it. It’s a good thing I still have plenty of 100 % wool sheets and also some bundles of merino wool, as well as my needles.
I enjoy sewing by hand and anyway I never can figure out how to thread the sewing machine :lol
This is a nice thread ;)

Kerbluey

I don’t do it often, but I find hand sewing to be curiously addictive. I also enjoy watching videos of hand sewing, especially period costume makers.

Lookingup83

I have when my husband hands me his shorts that the buttons fell off. I can't say I'm good at it! I have a sewing machine but I'm not great at learning without a physical teacher around.