Haiti gang demands $17 million for release of kidnapped missionaries

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Haiti gang demands $17 million for release of kidnapped missionaries
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Tuesday the Biden administration is "relentlessly focused" on the kidnapping of 16 Americans and one Canadian.
By REUTERS
OCTOBER 20, 2021

A Haitian gang that kidnapped a group of American and Canadian missionaries is asking for $17 million- or $1 million each - to release them, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing a Haitian official. Justice Minister Liszt Quitel said the FBI and Haitian police are in contact with the kidnappers and seeking the release of the missionaries abducted over the weekend outside the capital Port-au-Prince by a gang called 400 Mawozo, the Journal reported.

CNN reported earlier on Tuesday the kidnappers first called Christian Aid Ministries - the group to which the victims belonged - on Saturday and immediately conveyed the price tag for the missionaries' release. The FBI and Haitian police were advising the group in negotiations, the minister said. Several calls between the kidnappers and the missionary group have taken place since their disappearance, the minister told CNN. The Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries called for prayers for the "Haitian and American civil authorities who are working to resolve this situation."

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/blinked-relentlessly-focused-on-haiti-kidnapping-682523

depserv

The worst thing that can be done in a case like this is pay the ransom, because that will lead to more of it, probably a lot more. And for that reason I would not be surprised if Biden does that. It would surprise me if Biden did anything to retaliate, because that would provide a deterrent.

He might surprise me though and do the right thing, because pretending to be a competent and loyal American is still somewhat useful to him. And I hope he does, whatever his reason might be. I could see Biden being given credit for a successful raid by the liberal psyops machine called liberal media, just like Obama took credit for the death of UBL, complete with images of Biden sitting in a room with his officials like he is personally leading the special ops team. Biden has long claimed to be an expert on foreign policy, and he likes to play army.

When I say Biden of course I am referring to whoever is pulling the strings of the Biden puppet, not the puppet itself.

If I was kidnapped I like to think I would rather die in a raid against the kidnappers than see them get paid so that more people like me would be kidnapped. Of course if I was in that position, or if it was one of my family members, who knows what I might think. I know I'd be praying. But what constitutes the right course of action is not determined by how those involved might feel; policy on something this important must be based on a cold hard analysis of the effect any action might have.

This kind of thing is a reminder of the great danger in so many Haitians streaming into the country, thanks to the Biden open border policy. It's a pretty safe bet that they will bring with them the culture came from.

PortWen

The worst thing that can be done in a case like this is pay the ransom, because that will lead to more of it, probably a lot more. And for that reason I would not be surprised if Biden does that. It would surprise me if Biden did anything to retaliate, because that would provide a deterrent.

He might surprise me though and do the right thing, because pretending to be a competent and loyal American is still somewhat useful to him. And I hope he does, whatever his reason might be. I could see Biden being given credit for a successful raid by the liberal psyops machine called liberal media, just like Obama took credit for the death of UBL, complete with images of Biden sitting in a room with his officials like he is personally leading the special ops team. Biden has long claimed to be an expert on foreign policy, and he likes to play army.

When I say Biden of course I am referring to whoever is pulling the strings of the Biden puppet, not the puppet itself.

If I was kidnapped I like to think I would rather die in a raid against the kidnappers than see them get paid so that more people like me would be kidnapped. Of course if I was in that position, or if it was one of my family members, who knows what I might think. I know I'd be praying. But what constitutes the right course of action is not determined by how those involved might feel; policy on something this important must be based on a cold hard analysis of the effect any action might have.

This kind of thing is a reminder of the great danger in so many Haitians streaming into the country, thanks to the Biden open border policy. It's a pretty safe bet that they will bring with them the culture came from.
They will indeed bring their culture with them…as did the Somalian Muslim here in the U.K. who murdered one of our MP’s last Friday. I’m sure there are very evil reasons behind this influx of migrants.