Hair color?

Judy4Jesus

God is GOOD!
When George was diagnosed with a brain tumour last fall, and very quickly they found it was non cancerous, and better yet, 6 days before surgery, it was able to be shrunk with a drug, then waiting and finding out that yes it was indeed shrinking with the drug so surgery which had been postponed to try the drug out was cancelled it was hard watching other people who pray for healing, or for their children's healing go thru heartbreak while we rejoiced. At G's dad's funeral we caught up with an old friend whose wife died of a brain tumour decades ago. It's always an odd feeling. We are grateful yet compassionate to the pain the other person is suffering. Do we rejoice? Yes. I think it comes down to rejoicing with friends and family who have a healing, and pray for all for healing, but come alongside and mourn with those who mourn.

One healing is not because someone else didn't get healed, but rather the things we go thru give us the ability to pray with and have compassion for those who are struggling. But it feels very awkward.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
Praise to the God of All Comfort
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
:hug :inlove for you beloved Margery. Thank you for sharing this!

athenasius

That is too funny. Tanning beds when used to extreme and make you look leathery.
That is so right. We go on some cruises, mostly sunshine but the tan fans that hold down the lounge chairs all day in the hot hot sun are very very dark by the end. Up close some do look downright scary but to each their own I suppose. They don't lack Vit D. I think somewhere in the middle makes sense. We all need Vit D, so a little sun is great, God designed us for that, but too much is hard on the complexion.

Momma D

I was born with a fuzz of strawberry-blond hair and the whitest skin ever seen by my mom's ob. My hair stayed reddish blond until mid high school. Then it began to darken. I hated the contrast between skin and hair color, and began coloring
it myself, light golden blond.
I am too cheap to pay for anything I can do myself!
It looks natural, I don't do it very often...even though I am rapidly approaching 74, I will continue to keep my 'natural' color.
I would have the ugliest grey hair on the planet...dark in the back, more grey in the front...yuck!!!

anath

I Love the Lord
Got my mop colored today. I did it myself and it was quite a chore to do but it looks healthier and shinier and this gives me a little spring in my step
I used to have pretty dark auburn hair with natural streaks BUT when I was young I was so stupid putting peroxide, sun-in and all kinds of stuff on my hair.
Now I would give anything to have it back . I can't find a color even close to what the Lord gave me so I mainly just try to cover the gray.
In Heaven I want my natural color back...but I don't won't the freckles !

Last edited:

ReadyOrNot

I wish I could color my hair, but my skin won't tolerate the chemicals anymore. I loved being a redhead. I'm glad I have hair, but the color is a dark, mousy brown that is beginning to gray, which is just dreary. :(
I’m allergic to hair color too, but I found a gentle product that also covers well: Tints of Nature. Not sure if it would work for you- you’d have to do a test patch for sure! Whole Foods carries it, but I buy it online wherever I can find better prices. Amazon or Pharmaca.

Lookingup83

I colored a lot in my early 20s, black, red, purple! Now that I'm older I don't even entertain the thought, it seems like a huge pain, and I don't care that I'm half silver haired now at 36. I don't believe I'd care if I was working either, but if you want to there's nothing wrong with it!

athenasius

I went a few shades darker blonde last month. Still doesn't cover the wisps of grey here and there.
Those aren't wisps of grey, those are NATURAL HIGHLIGHTS!!!!! :groucho

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. My natural highlights are coming in thick and fast along with my roots. When I get my dye done at my hairdresser in her basement salon the dye takes differently on the grey er HIGHLIGHT hair versus the regular. It blends in with the foils she does a couple of times a year. So it's like having extra special highlights! Yes! Mhm! :lol

RobinB

I colored a lot in my early 20s, black, red, purple! Now that I'm older I don't even entertain the thought, it seems like a huge pain, and I don't care that I'm half silver haired now at 36. I don't believe I'd care if I was working either, but if you want to there's nothing wrong with it!

It is a huge pain!!! But now I have to keep up with my co-workers, all of them color (some just to hide grey.) Don't want to lose possible projects or promotions if I look older than the rest of them. Sigh.

RobinB

Those aren't wisps of grey, those are NATURAL HIGHLIGHTS!!!!! :groucho

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. My natural highlights are coming in thick and fast along with my roots. When I get my dye done at my hairdresser in her basement salon the dye takes differently on the grey er HIGHLIGHT hair versus the regular. It blends in with the foils she does a couple of times a year. So it's like having extra special highlights! Yes! Mhm! :lol

I call a friend "Sparkles" because that's what she calls grey hairs :)

Psalm37v4

I've been coloring my hair for about 5 to 10 years now. I buy the cheaper Walmart ones.
My hair is actually a light to medium brown, but I colored it blond... I tell people it's because I can have more fun , I can be dizzy, and I can be dumb and get away with it! :lol

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
Let’s all keep these ladies topics going! I think it’s good for our morale :thumbup

Should we start a new thread for makeup and clothing or just keep it all here?
Who is game for talking about normal fun girlie stuff? :hyper

:hug

Judy4Jesus

God is GOOD!
Tshirts of every color (and alot of them I've blinged out with Christian rhinestone designs ordered off Etsy), blue jeans and Skecher tennis shoes in winter and short sleeve of same tshirts, capris or to the knee shorts and flip flops (of all colors and bling to match whatever tshirt! :D) Rarely any makeup, long hair (colored blonde).
BAM!! Judy's wardrobe/look! :lol Plain and simple...just the way my hubby loves it!

RobinB

Update: about a month ago I joined 2 FB groups for ladies growing out their hair. I decided to join in, since I really have no idea exactly what color will come in. Also started using a "purple shampoo" which makes the new grey look better and the old blonde less brassy. This seems like the perfect time to keep growing it out, since we can't go anywhere. Will be fun to see what happens.