Hair color?

JoyJoyJoy

I don't like to color my hair in the summer because I spend a lot of time in the pool. But I got a super short cut and my remaining hair looked mousy, thin, just ghastly really. So I tried a new color, Mulberry. It's blue/black. Love it!!! It seems like my hair does better with color on it.

Amity

I've colored my hair for years...since early teens. I'm a red head with blonde highlights most of the time. My natural color is Auburn that seems to get darker as I age. I just colored it myself what was supposed to be a rose gold, but none of the purple rosy tone showed up. It just looks strawberry blonde. I still like it. It will look good with my pale pink wedding dress next month.

My favorite at home color brands are John Frieda or Loreal Preference. I'm too cheap now days to have it done and since I am no longer in the corporate world it's not as important.

Amity

Also, if you are thinking of doing it yourself, just know box colors don't lighten very well. It can only lighten a level or so. If you have any red tones it can be tricky. If simply matching your natural color to cover gray, you should be ok. Another alternative is to go to a Sally's Beauty Supply and buy the color and developer. They should be able to help you pick out a good color.

Amity

Lol yeah I ran into a lady probably in her late 60s the other day that had the prettiest short silver hair with royal purple bangs. Lol it was cute, just surprising. I want to dye my hair peach. I just don't have the guts to do it yet. I also want to wait until it is well passed my shoulders and the chemo curls are completely gone.

Cindy S.

Lol yeah I ran into a lady probably in her late 60s the other day that had the prettiest short silver hair with royal purple bangs. Lol it was cute, just surprising. I want to dye my hair peach. I just don't have the guts to do it yet. I also want to wait until it is well passed my shoulders and the chemo curls are completely gone.
I don't even have the guts to dye my hair auburn and that's a natural hair color. I stick with close to my used to be brown hair lol.

Judy4Jesus

I'm old fashioned about tattoos but my grandkids dad is a tattoo artist.
Steve and I have been watching on A&E a new show (a spin off from the incredible LivePD show...its like COPS but LIVE!). Its called Hero Ink. We love it as its first responders getting a very meaningful to them tat from a mission or rescue or whatever story in the line of duty. They are telling their story as they are getting their tattoo ...its really very interesting if you ever get the chance. The grandkids dad probably would like it.

Cindy S.

Steve and I have been watching on A&E a new show (a spin off from the incredible LivePD show...its like COPS but LIVE!). Its called Hero Ink. We love it as its first responders getting a very meaningful to them tat from a mission or rescue or whatever story in the line of duty. They are telling their story as they are getting their tattoo ...its really very interesting if you ever get the chance. The grandkids dad probably would like it.
One well placed tattoo here and there is one thing, but too many skulls and goofy tattoos just looks clownish. But, I then think about a meme on Beth Bounty Hunter Chapmans facebook page that says "Don't judge my journey, you didn't live my past"
We sure lost a beautiful soul.

Amity

Beth's passing hit me hard. Our cancers initially were basically the same thing (mine nasopharyngeal stage 4, hers oropharyngeal stage 2, basically an inch apart.) We were both going through it in 2017 and now she is gone and I'm still here. Then watching Dan, InsuranceGuy, going through his recurrence, both of them with kids and families, the survivors guilt is hard.

ShilohRose

Beth's passing hit me hard. Our cancers initially were basically the same thing (mine nasopharyngeal stage 4, hers oropharyngeal stage 2, basically an inch apart.) We were both going through it in 2017 and now she is gone and I'm still here. Then watching Dan, InsuranceGuy, going through his recurrence, both of them with kids and families, the survivors guilt is hard.
:hug :pray

Cindy S.

Don't feel guilty for your blessings. God blesses us each individually.

athenasius

When George was diagnosed with a brain tumour last fall, and very quickly they found it was non cancerous, and better yet, 6 days before surgery, it was able to be shrunk with a drug, then waiting and finding out that yes it was indeed shrinking with the drug so surgery which had been postponed to try the drug out was cancelled it was hard watching other people who pray for healing, or for their children's healing go thru heartbreak while we rejoiced. At G's dad's funeral we caught up with an old friend whose wife died of a brain tumour decades ago. It's always an odd feeling. We are grateful yet compassionate to the pain the other person is suffering. Do we rejoice? Yes. I think it comes down to rejoicing with friends and family who have a healing, and pray for all for healing, but come alongside and mourn with those who mourn.

One healing is not because someone else didn't get healed, but rather the things we go thru give us the ability to pray with and have compassion for those who are struggling. But it feels very awkward.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
Praise to the God of All Comfort
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

GotGrace

I was working a trade show earlier this year. A lady stopped by my booth. We were talking about a booth that was pretty close to mine that was selling a new kind of self tanning lotion. It was really out of place for an insurance convention, but we get weird booths like that sometimes. Anyway, the lady was really tan and was telling me she preferred tanning beds to the lotions. I told her my sister used tanning beds for years and her skin looks like she's 60, but she's only 47. So..... She asked me to guess her age since she had been using tanning beds since she was a teenager. I'm usually pretty good at the guessing your age game. Not this time. I looked at her and said "53". I was positive my guess was low and I would then be the good guy for saying she looked younger than she was. Ummm, no. I highly offended her and she was MAD. The lady was 38. Morale of the story, either stop using tanning beds or don't use them and ask a guy to tell you how old you look.
That is too funny. Tanning beds when used to extreme and make you look leathery.

Amity

When George was diagnosed with a brain tumour last fall, and very quickly they found it was non cancerous, and better yet, 6 days before surgery, it was able to be shrunk with a drug, then waiting and finding out that yes it was indeed shrinking with the drug so surgery which had been postponed to try the drug out was cancelled it was hard watching other people who pray for healing, or for their children's healing go thru heartbreak while we rejoiced. At G's dad's funeral we caught up with an old friend whose wife died of a brain tumour decades ago. It's always an odd feeling. We are grateful yet compassionate to the pain the other person is suffering. Do we rejoice? Yes. I think it comes down to rejoicing with friends and family who have a healing, and pray for all for healing, but come alongside and mourn with those who mourn.

One healing is not because someone else didn't get healed, but rather the things we go thru give us the ability to pray with and have compassion for those who are struggling. But it feels very awkward.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 New International Version (NIV)
Praise to the God of All Comfort
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
Thank you very much.