Hair color?

Cindy S.

I was working a trade show earlier this year. A lady stopped by my booth. We were talking about a booth that was pretty close to mine that was selling a new kind of self tanning lotion. It was really out of place for an insurance convention, but we get weird booths like that sometimes. Anyway, the lady was really tan and was telling me she preferred tanning beds to the lotions. I told her my sister used tanning beds for years and her skin looks like she's 60, but she's only 47. So..... She asked me to guess her age since she had been using tanning beds since she was a teenager. I'm usually pretty good at the guessing your age game. Not this time. I looked at her and said "53". I was positive my guess was low and I would then be the good guy for saying she looked younger than she was. Ummm, no. I highly offended her and she was MAD. The lady was 38. Morale of the story, either stop using tanning beds or don't use them and ask a guy to tell you how old you look.
That is hillarious

Cindy S.

Yesterday I went shopping for some pants and when I looked in the mirror I freaked because of my slivering hair. I said “Oh no! My hair looks Terrible!” So I bought a box of hair dye and went home and did some roots at the top. Afterwards I cried about giving into the hair dye after not doing it since February :cry
It could be worse. I bought some pants last weekend without trying them on. Well... they didn't fit, so I'm back on the low carb wagon.

athenasius

Oh Bron! :hug

I'm enjoying my hair dye. Makes me feel good.

And my makeup. Ditto

And my new sunscreen find. All mineral (I'm allergic to the chemical sunscreen since a year and a half ago). It plays well under makeup. For anyone interested, it's Australian Gold SPF 50 tinted face sunscreen and I found it at the drugstore. Doesn't dry my face out like a biscuit, as other mineral sunscreens do and doesn't cost what the Sephora one did.

God made us female, and we are ok to be that. I'm sick of the enemy trying to make women feel bad about being womanly and make men into drag queens.

athenasius

Ever notice the confidence of a woman with painted nails?
Who said it's ok to paint your nails but not your hair?
No one.
TOTALLY AGREE! (waving my bottle of OPI Bubble Bath at ya-- not on my nails at this precise moment but soon perhaps, very very soon.)

Don't feel bad about that!! That dirty devil just wants to whisper doubt into your ear and does not like us to feel good about our appearance...ever! There are few little things we can EASILY do to make us feel more satisfied with our appearance and I say if coloring up our gray roots helps us a tad, why not!! I wouldn't call that being overly vain...but that's me. :hug s and much love, sister Bron!
I see it as no different than applying makeup and moisturizer or jewelry or pretty shoes or anything else a woman does to feel pretty.
You both nailed it.

Judy4Jesus

It could be worse. I bought some pants last weekend without trying them on. Well... they didn't fit, so I'm back on the low carb wagon.
Those carbs are so deliciously naughty!! I really have a love/hate relationship with sugar!!...mostly LOVE, but then I get into a big fight with the scale...yikes! :lol
My struggle all my life. :pray you get quick results going low carb for awhile!
:hug and much love, dear Cindy! :inlove

Cindy S.

Those carbs are so deliciously naughty!! I really have a love/hate relationship with sugar!!...mostly LOVE, but then I get into a big fight with the scale...yikes! :lol
My struggle all my life. :pray you get quick results going low carb for awhile!
:hug and much love, dear Cindy! :inlove
Yes, I've lost a ton of weight on atkins and will only stray so far before I go back on it. I hate watching DH eat ice cream and never gain weight.
It's my lifes struggle too.

Judy4Jesus

Yes, I've lost a ton of weight on atkins and will only stray so far before I go back on it. I hate watching DH eat ice cream and never gain weight.
It's my lifes struggle too.
That's an excellent maintenance plan, Cindy!! So much easier, mentally anyways, to need 5 or even 10 lbs than much more than that!!
These folks with their high metabolisms...:pizza :smack
:lol

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
Oh Bron! :hug

I'm enjoying my hair dye. Makes me feel good.

And my makeup. Ditto

And my new sunscreen find. All mineral (I'm allergic to the chemical sunscreen since a year and a half ago). It plays well under makeup. For anyone interested, it's Australian Gold SPF 50 tinted face sunscreen and I found it at the drugstore. Doesn't dry my face out like a biscuit, as other mineral sunscreens do and doesn't cost what the Sephora one did.

God made us female, and we are ok to be that. I'm sick of the enemy trying to make women feel bad about being womanly and make men into drag queens.
You’re so right Sis!
You all are so wonderful! :bighug :hug :bighug:hugI wish I could hug all of you!

Milly_Light

My mom used to dye her hair to hide the white strands of hair that were becoming more obvious. It made me realize that I will soon have white hairs too. It runs in the family. I used to put chemical in my hair. I was told the side effects of putting chemical in the hair is that white strands of hair will appear sooner than later.

I can't wait to see them. Maybe I will start dying my hair when it happens. We are naturally born with black hair in my family.

Emmajw

Both of my parents had dark brown/black hair, "Irish skin", and blue eyes. I continue to go with this, even though I have grown children and all the other women at the hair salon usually get blonde highlights. (by the way, I go to a cosmetology school which is super cheap). I currently have burgundy/mahogany streaks in it. And my nails are always painted red, wine, etc. I guess that is just my personality. People have compared me to Snow White, Scarlett O'Hara, Elizabeth Taylor and even Katy Perry (when she was a brunette). I tried on a blonde wig once and I looked totally washed out, but I love blonde hair on people with the right skin tone.

RobinB

Both of my parents had dark brown/black hair, "Irish skin", and blue eyes. I continue to go with this, even though I have grown children and all the other women at the hair salon usually get blonde highlights. (by the way, I go to a cosmetology school which is super cheap). I currently have burgundy/mahogany streaks in it. And my nails are always painted red, wine, etc. I guess that is just my personality. People have compared me to Snow White, Scarlett O'Hara, Elizabeth Taylor and even Katy Perry (when she was a brunette). I tried on a blonde wig once and I looked totally washed out, but I love blonde hair on people with the right skin tone.

I kept my nails long and painted for years and years, every day I added a coat of clear to protect them. Unfortunately after learning I had (mild, early) breast cancer I eliminated a lot of chemicals from my life, and nail polish daily was one. Now I just get occasional pedicure.

Judy4Jesus

I kept my nails long and painted for years and years, every day I added a coat of clear to protect them. Unfortunately after learning I had (mild, early) breast cancer I eliminated a lot of chemicals from my life, and nail polish daily was one. Now I just get occasional pedicure.
I'm sorry Robin, how long ago were you diagnosed?? I used to keep nice long and beautifully painted nails too until I discovered I enjoyed yardwork and then with grandkids, I just keep shorter and no polish. Matches my new found crepey thin skin! But God is good! :smile

RobinB

I'm sorry Robin, how long ago were you diagnosed?? I used to keep nice long and beautifully painted nails too until I discovered I enjoyed yardwork and then with grandkids, I just keep shorter and no polish. Matches my new found crepey thin skin! But God is good! :smile

Found in a routine mammogram. This was 14 years ago, and I've been fine since (not counting the Lymphedema I now have in my left arm due to lymph node removal). And yes God is good.:biggrin