Grocery Store!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
How many people like their groceries bagged a certain way? In other words cold food in a plastic bag, and cans and boxes in a paper sack. I am one of those people. I like our meat and anything cold in plastic, and cans and boxes in a paper sack. This is my reasoning a paper sack is more sturdy for cans and boxes. I told my girl bagger how I wanted them done. She said she was going to put my meat in a paper sack because it is easier to carry. I don't like it when I tell someone how I want something done, and she is telling me how she wants to do it. We are the customer paying for our food so I feel like it should be done the way we want it. I looked in my

plastic bags and she put the cans and boxes in there after I told her not to. So I took them out and told her I said these go in a paper sack. It was like she deliberately did what she wanted to do. What do you guys think? Another reason I don't want cans and boxes in a plastic bag is you get too many plastic bags.

Andy C

I bring my own strong shopping bags which can hold as much weight as they put in each one. Me personally, I dont care how they bag it. My wife, she is the same as you and always has her own bags, and one shopping bag that is made for cold items. She also wont let me load the items on the conveyor belt, as she loads them in the order she wants them bagged. We do best when we dont shop together, and I do most of the food shopping.

Andy C

She said she was going to put my meat in a paper sack because it is easier to carry. I don't like it when I tell someone how I want something done, and she is telling me how she wants to do it. We are the customer paying for our food so I feel like it should be done the way we want it
You sound like my better half. I have an extremely high tolerance towards people, and it really takes a lot to make me comment on good or bad behavior. Plus, most of the time I use self checkout, so I really cant yell at myself o_O

My wife is super friendly, very chatty with everyone, but if the bagger said that to her, Im running out the store out of self defense. She would immediately respond at first in a semi friendly manner, but if the bagger opened their mouth in protest….:calvin. She is firm believe in proper customer service, the customer is always right.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
WF doesn't have plastic bags except little flimsy ones for produce and meat. I have to tell some baggers to stand the juice cartons up instead of laying them down (impossible to get out of the bag and far more likely to break if the paper bags break and hit the ground). I hate it when the bagger decides I need 10 million bags with one or two items in each because I'm a little ole lady. Most of the cashiers/baggers now know to fill the bags FULL or even overflowing if only one bag. Sometimes I have to tell the cashier/bagger to put the heavy stuff on the bottom and the produce on top so things don't get bruised or squished, and I hate it when the cashiers bounce the produce I've carefully picked out to avoid bruises, etc. :frown I reuse the produce bags for the German Shepherd, and the paper bags for recycling and yard waste.

At the two local chain grocery chains, I get plastic because I reuse them for garbage and the German Shepherd :eek

The coop doesn't have plastic bags except for meat, and the produce bags are compostable. The composting bags start to break down too fast to use them for dog :poop so can't reuse :frown The cashiers and baggers are always in a rush to bag, so I often end up rebagging the order, and I do it right there in front of them and explain why. Most of the baggers are very young and inexperienced [sigh] I reuse the paper bags for recycling and yard waste, and the small paper bags for fruit ripening.

I have a few washable reusable cloth bags, but they get used for things/places other than the grocery store :lol
Need to get a couple washable insulated ones for meat and ice cream since it's summer, now. WF will provide bags of ice to help keep meat and frozen items cold during transport :smile

Dave

How many people like their groceries bagged a certain way? In other words cold food in a plastic bag, and cans and boxes in a paper sack. I am one of those people. I like our meat and anything cold in plastic, and cans and boxes in a paper sack. This is my reasoning a paper sack is more sturdy for cans and boxes. I told my girl bagger how I wanted them done. She said she was going to put my meat in a paper sack because it is easier to carry. I don't like it when I tell someone how I want something done, and she is telling me how she wants to do it. We are the customer paying for our food so I feel like it should be done the way we want it. I looked in my

plastic bags and she put the cans and boxes in there after I told her not to. So I took them out and told her I said these go in a paper sack. It was like she deliberately did what she wanted to do. What do you guys think? Another reason I don't want cans and boxes in a plastic bag is you get too many plastic bags.

When I was a teenager, my first job was sacking groceries. I would always listened to costumers and bag their groceries the way my Mom taught me when she went shopping and brought me along. I never just threw anything in a bag but paid attention to what I was doing. Like you said cold with cold and cans at the bottom with boxes in the middle. Eggs and bread, I would put in a plastic bag right in front of the costumer. I would always listen to the costumer if they wanted things a certain way. I never got an attitude like the person you described. I really enjoyed being a sacker. I know I would upset some of the checkers because they acted like I went to slow because I did not throw things in a bag in a hurry crushing stuff which angered the costumer like some other sackboys did. I always wanted to do it the right way and make sure nothing got smashed. Memories.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
When I was a teenager, my first job was sacking groceries. I would always listened to costumers and bag their groceries the way my Mom taught me when she went shopping and brought me along. I never just threw anything in a bag but paid attention to what I was doing. Like you said cold with cold and cans at the bottom with boxes in the middle. Eggs and bread, I would put in a plastic bag right in front of the costumer. I would always listen to the costumer if they wanted things a certain way. I never got an attitude like the person you described. I really enjoyed being a sacker. I know I would upset some of the checkers because they acted like I went to slow because I did not throw things in a bag in a hurry crushing stuff which angered the costumer like some other sackboys did. I always wanted to do it the right way and make sure nothing got smashed. Memories.
Thanks for sharing your sacker :D experience. So did you sack cans and boxes in a paper sack? I believe it is sturdier that way because corners of boxes can tear the plastic, and also the seam at the bottom can get holes in them. I believe meat and anything cold goes in plastic. If this happens again, I will report her to customer service.

Dave

Thanks for sharing your sacker :D experience. So did you sack cans and boxes in a paper sack? I believe it is sturdier that way because corners of boxes can tear the plastic, and also the seam at the bottom can get holes in them. I believe meat and anything cold goes in plastic. If this happens again, I will report her to customer service.

It was what the Manager wanted us to use the most at the time. We were told to use more paper then plastic because of costs and then it switched at one point to use more plastic then paper. This was back in 1994 and 1995. He really made a big deal about it and acted like our jobs depended on it. He did not like how checkers would use plastic bags in waste baskets underneath the checkouts and wanted to find out who was doing that. Me, myself having this as my first job back in the day, I would do what I was told but if the costumer would tell me to use paper or plastic then I would do what the costumer suggested.

When I used to work at Walmart, we would get in trouble for helping costumers. I remember using the lift to get dog food down from way up top on these shelves in the stock room and this one guy came up to me and said he needed the lift because a costumer needed furniture that was not on the floor. I let him have it and politely waited till he was done. A Manager walked back there and threw a fit because of it wanting to make it out that I was goofing off and we tried to explain it to her but she did not want to hear it. Costumers come last. I learned to lie when we were asked if we had anything in the back to say no, we do not have it. I did not work for Walmart for very long and quit after a year. I was not planning on staying long anyways.

Carl

I just read about a manager at Family Dollar. She was publishing what was going on at Family Dollar that the service was so poor and the shelves were not stocked anymore. The goods were just setting in the store's dollies in the passages between the shelves. She published that the stores were limiting the number of hours that a person could work. Except the manager was not paid overtime so they could work 24 hours a day.

So she was fired for telling the public what was happening at the stores that caused them to complain.

I used to talk about the way some stores were messy. Now I try to just be plesant to the employees because I know what they are going through.

fl2007rn

I shop at the military commissary and you are required to have the baggers pack your groceries. Baggers work for tips so their packing skills are excellent. They pack pretty much the way you mentioned that you like it, and I usually tip $ 10 every time I go grocery shopping. I feel bad for the baggers because some people are cheap and won't tip.

Andy C

I am not using self check-out these people have a job let them do it right. I am not getting paid to scan and bag my own groceries.
The only time I dont use self checkout is if I have a lot of produce which takes time to look up for the price. Since I shop a few times each week, I hardly ever have more than 2 bags of groceries.

I failed to mention that I have not seen a bagger since we moved here years ago. The stores I go to, the checker does all the bagging.

Its waaaaaaay faster for me to self checkout vice waiting in a line. I have seen people with 2 items wait in a long line while there were several self checkouts open.