Great Reset Watch: A Cashless Society Is Coming

TheRedeemed

We have been almost cashless here in the U.K. for nearly 30 years. I can’t recall the last time I used cash notes or coins to pay for something and I have some small coinage in my jacket pocket, they have been there for years too!

Even fuelling up your car, the pump takes a card or phone to pay, you don’t even have to enter the shop part to pay any more.

Last week I gave my sister £50 to pay for a dinner to celebrate her birthday and I used my phone to transfer the money to her phone, she in turn used her phone to pay the bill for the order and delivery.

Not a note or coin was damaged in the making of her party dinner.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We just had an interest raise rise announcement here for mortgages on the news and the media are going mental about it and stated that the banks may do another 5 increases !!!

They also announced that the US is going to announce an interest rate rise as well which apparently will be the highest seen there in 2 decades.
Man things have really ramped up this month

Interest rates have been historically low for a very long time. The reason the Markets have gone up for the first two rate increases is because they're past due and needed. Actually, because of the runaway inflation, interest rates should probably many times higher than they are now... like somewhere in the teens. Normally Markets go down when interest rates go up, so that's been unusual.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We have been almost cashless here in the U.K. for nearly 30 years. I can’t recall the last time I used cash notes or coins to pay for something and I have some small coinage in my jacket pocket, they have been there for years too!

Even fuelling up your car, the pump takes a card or phone to pay, you don’t even have to enter the shop part to pay any more.

Last week I gave my sister £50 to pay for a dinner to celebrate her birthday and I used my phone to transfer the money to her phone, she in turn used her phone to pay the bill for the order and delivery.

Not a note or coin was damaged in the making of her party dinner.

I'm 99.9% cashless. Every few years or so I need cash. It happened at a pizza place in Eugene OR a couple of years ago. That's the last time I can remember needing cash.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Question for all you cashless people-
Are you able to rebuff panhandlers by telling them that you only have cards?
I tried to tell one I only used Bitcoin. He said he would take as many as I could spare.

No, they're liable to pull out a card reader like one of those Square things. They've even got contactless Squares now. Pretty soon everybody that drives by the panhandler might find a new charge on their card o_O

madcat

For once I’m speechless.
NEVER leave your house without having all your cards in an RFID wallet/card carrier. We have also been “hit” in several restaurants and know it was because the lovely waiter copied our number and authorization code. And unfortunately this M.C. was associated with our bank acct., and the degenerates almost succeeded in wiping is out. When I took the info to the police dept. to file a report, he said he
had personally been “hit” 3 times just that day!!!!!!
Have to watch those losers like a hawk!!!
But no fear, when we are forced to have a QR code on our foreheads——— well, that’s the hill I die on.

katt

NEVER leave your house without having all your cards in an RFID wallet/card carrier. We have also been “hit” in several restaurants and know it was because the lovely waiter copied our number and authorization code. And unfortunately this M.C. was associated with our bank acct., and the degenerates almost succeeded in wiping is out. When I took the info to the police dept. to file a report, he said he
had personally been “hit” 3 times just that day!!!!!!
Have to watch those losers like a hawk!!!
But no fear, when we are forced to have a QR code on our foreheads——— well, that’s the hill I die on.
What is an RFID .. and how does it keep your info from being stolen..and lastly..how does one obtain said RFID wallet?

madcat

What is an RFID .. and how does it keep your info from being stolen..and lastly..how does one obtain said RFID wallet?
RFID is “Radio-frequency Identification“. You can get wallets, credit card sleeves (both individual and for multiple cards), and even RFID purses for women. I have had the first 2 kinds, and recently got a large zippered wallet with a hand strap that is RFID for the whole thing. They have them on Amazon, but I found the best options on Etsy. So far so good.
You can make your own “sleeves” with tin foil, but I found them to be not durable at all. You can also buy RFID fabric and make a liner for something like a small makeup zippered bag, and that works as well. ;) ;)