Great illustration from church this morning

LoudRam77

This one I thought was great. Our pastor was talking about how God doesn't need our help in accomplishing His purpose or plans however He invites us to help Him.

He used the illustration of when his wife used to bake cookies. She didn't need any help with them but she invited their daughter to help with them knowing that it would take longer and make more of a mess because she wanted to share the experience and love with their daughter.

Isn't that just like God. He uses us in spite of the fact that we often make a mess of things because He loves us and wants us to experience the joy of seeing His plans come to pass.

I remember Chuck Missler once saying..."Without us God won't and without God we can't"

I've always been amazed at this, it's God's plan to accomplish God's purpose by using God's strength for God's own glory and we get the rewards? I am SO NOT WORTHY! Thank you for your grace!!

Revelation 5:12-13 CSB They said with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing! [13] I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth, on the sea, and everything in them say, Blessing and honor and glory and power be to the one seated on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!

SonSeeker

Both excellent illustrations, guys. Growing up, I liked to "help" my dad when he was painting a room in the house, working on the car, or even cleaning up the yard. Sure, it took longer to get the job done, but that's how I learned to do those things myself. And that's also how my son learned from me. :thumbup

Good illustration. God does not need our help, but Im eternally thankful He helps us.
Me too! But, there have also been times when I could've used more of His help.:splat:giveup