Graduation question

InsuranceGuy

My daughter's graduation is Saturday morning. I am torn on what to do. Covid-19 cases in Missouri are going through the roof, including the area where i live and where the graduation is. There will be around 3,000 + people in attendance and it is in a County where masks are not required. Social distancing will not be possible.

What do I do? I am extremely high risk because of the Cancer. My doctors are totally against me going. My daughter doesn't understand though and wants me there. If I don't go, it will be an issue for her.

My gut and head say to avoid this like the plague. What would you do?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
My daughter's graduation is Saturday morning. I am torn on what to do. Covid-19 cases in Missouri are going through the roof, including the area where i live and where the graduation is. There will be around 3,000 + people in attendance and it is in a County where masks are not required. Social distancing will not be possible.

What do I do? I am extremely high risk because of the Cancer. My doctors are totally against me going. My daughter doesn't understand though and wants me there. If I don't go, it will be an issue for her.

My gut and head say to avoid this like the plague. What would you do?

Wear a fully encapsulating haz mat suit with self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).

However, if that's not possible, not only would I stay home, I might consider her and the rest of the family not going, or her/them staying away from the house and everyone that lives there for at least two weeks after. Or you go to a motel (outside door to the parking lot) for the two weeks. What if your daughter or other family member gets wuhan virus (with or without symptoms) and gives it to you? I've had cancer 3 times and truly get it that we miss events, and sometimes family members miss important events because of cancer. Sometimes the whole family has to sacrifice for the benefit of the one.

Before making a decision, I'd definitely talk to my oncologist. He or she might have a solution that will keep you safe, or can give you information that will help you make the right decision. If nothing else, there's the blame-it-on-the-doctor thing so your daughter won't have the issues you referenced.

:mad :mad :mad cancer sucks :mad :mad :mad

But God can and does use it for His purposes and glory.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

InsuranceGuy

We finally had the opportunity to talk about it this afternoon. She is fine with me not going. Bummed out, but she understands the risk much better than I thought she would. That sort of surprised me as we have been planning this day for years. She has a 4.33 GPA and earned a scholarship to KU where she will be working towards here eventual Doctoral Degree in a word I cannot spell. The brain. lol. She wants to do both research and surgery. Originally she was just going to be a surgeon, but my Cancer has her not wanting to deal with people everyday.

So, this one is solved. Thank you for the replies, as always. The graduation is being livestreamed, so I will still be able to watch it. This pandemic needs to end. I feel for all the kids who have worked so hard and their big day is ruined by a virus. Many schools in our area just mailed out diplomas. Some had drive in graduations where you never get out of your car. The kids miss out on a day they've waited an awfully long time for. On top of that, local doctors say anyone attending these events should immediately quarantine, but i seriously doubt anyone will. People around here just don't take it serious, even with the hospitals filling back up and our daily nimber doubling what they were 2 months ago.