Governor DeSantis Announces Florida’s Job Growth for November is Six Times Faster than the Nation

GEOINTAnalyst

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced that Florida’s job growth for November was six times faster than the nation as Florida gained 51,100 jobs (0.6%) while the nation as a whole gained 210,000 jobs (0.1%) over the month. Florida’s economic data reflects Governor DeSantis’ “Freedom First” approach continues to build a solid economic foundation for Floridians to successfully find employment and for businesses to continue to grow. The state of Florida also experienced tremendous labor force growth, adding 42,000 people into the labor force. The state’s labor force has increased by 6.1% over the year compared to the national labor force increase of 0.9% over the same time period. Florida added 470,000 private sector jobs over the year, increasing by 6.4% and exceeding the national private sector job growth by 2.0 percentage points.
https://www.flgov.com/2021/12/17/go...november-is-six-times-faster-than-the-nation/

DWB

I wouldn't expect any change in the overall employment situation until all incentives for people to stay home have been lifted. Once people find they can stay home and live off the tax payers dollars why would they go back to work. Free phones (I pay about $75/month for mine), non-eviction protection from not paying rent, extra unemployment benefits, food stamps, section 8 housing, and now $300/month per child cash for tax credits. I'm sure there are more I don't know about.

And I worry I'll never be able to stop working when I reach retirement age. Actually, I'm there now.

brethorn56

Even Darwin Believes Now!!!
Governor Ron DeSantis could be one of the big 3-4 strong Republican candidates during the next election. I like the guy but of course would vote for Fred Flintstone or the village idiot over you-know-who…….