GOP Rep. Waltz on China: ‘They Have Taken a Cold War Mentality Against the United States’

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Thursday on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria,” Rep. Michael Waltz (R-FL) sounded off on the tension between China and the United States, which has increased since the Asian superpower’s cover-up of the coronavirus outbreak.

With GOP members of Congress becoming increasingly more critical of China’s leadership and China threatening sanctions against the lawmakers, Waltz emphasized the need to hold China accountable, saying “they have taken a Cold War mentality against the United States.”

“[W]e’re looking at over a trillion dollars of capital that we’re going to cut off from the Chinese Communist Party,” Waltz told host Maria Bartiromo. “That’s how they’re funding their defense build-up, that’s how they’re funding their belt and road initiative, and that’s how they’re funding their technology build-up to eventually eclipse the United States, and we’re going to put a stop to it.”

After pointing out China recently launched two ballistic missile submarines capable of striking the United States, Waltz added, “It’s really, truly incredible. I think, you know, China has been doing this for years — they have taken a Cold War mentality against the United States. I think in the wake of this coronavirus, it’ll be a real wake up call. I eventually would like to see people walking into a Wal-Mart or their store and seeing ‘Made in China’ and putting the product down. I really think we can make some progress.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...cold-war-mentality-against-the-united-states/

We should be able to do a lot of good if we get a Republican majority in both houses along with President Trump come November.

athenasius

China has been doing this for years — they have taken a Cold War mentality against the United States. I think in the wake of this coronavirus, it’ll be a real wake up call. I eventually would like to see people walking into a Wal-Mart or their store and seeing ‘Made in China’ and putting the product down. I really think we can make some progress.”
I agree. It's been there all along, from the slow Chinese takeover of the ports and choke points, like the Panama Canal to the outright rage at Taiwan daring to remain separate from Mainland China.

The virus and China's responses to it are most instructive from their delay in warning other nations, to their complete lack of regard for the safety of others, when they KNEW they had a problem, they kept sending out their ambassadors and negotiators, with no warning to the nations they infected KNOWINGLY!

But people's memories are short.

When the virus is over as a news item (whether or not it's still a risk) people will prefer to forget and embrace their enemy in a futile attempt to make peace with their mortal enemy ignoring the fact the enemy is showing no signs of giving up the fight other than smiling while preparing to stick a knife in your unsuspecting back.

Just as I watched happen with the growing Islamic threats to the West after 911. It became politically incorrect to do anything about the Charlie Hebdo massacre for example than pile up soggy teddybears and candles and vow to "be strong" while weakly caving to the Muslim Brotherhoods demands to place a mosque right beside the site of 911. Which is a Muslim signal of conquest. It's why they put a mosque on the Temple Mount back in the day and it's still a technique they use today.

While Trump is in the White House, I doubt China will succeed in re writing history but when he is no longer there, China will be doing like the Muslims-- re writing the narrative with the eager help of the press.

Footsteps

Those two subs with nukes are among the many things they promised not to do. They have been in a Cold War with us for years - we just didn't realize it. I challenge anybody to find something they have NOT lied about.
I have had it with Apple and other companies as well. Remember the Pensacola shooting by the Saudi terrorist?Apple refused to decrypt his phone. It has only been a few days ago that we were able to find his terrorist helpers overseas. This is no less than treason. China has paid countless professors and students to steal our technology and research. This is a war that can heat up at any point. It is time America woke up and took a united war stance against this evil enemy.
Before WWII there were Americans who were Hitler fans. We have millions of citizens who need to be deprogrammed. Getting saved and going back to church instead of the liquor store would be a good way to start. Many traitors are powerful elected officials. Many of them are setting themselves up for a huge backlash on November 8.