Google Is Evil

Rocky Rivera

I generally use Duck because of their alleged no-tracking/no-record policy, but often don't like the search results, and they've been getting less and less reliable/useful/impartial, especially of late. Links from search results to certain websites don't work, especially without VPN and/or TOR, at least from where I'm connecting (ISP censoring :mad

If I'm looking for certain types of research articles, I'm still sometimes stuck with GoogleScholar for free access, or at least to get proper citations. With citations, if I can't find them free online, I can usually locate in a library via WorldCat.
You can try Startpage.com Supposedly, they respect your privacy, too.

Ovicula

Never heard of that one. Do the track or keep a history of searches, links clicked, etc.?
From their website:

Since we NEVER collect your data, we NEVER track your data! We respect your privacy! We DO NOT store your data!

With Swisscows you are 100% anonymous!

We take it so seriously that we even have our own servers and do not work with a cloud or third party! Have our DataCenter in the Swiss Alps - THIS is the safest bunker in Europe! Have positioned everything geographically outside of EU and US.

About Swisscows - Swisscows