Google Is Evil

Lovin Jesus

Famously, Google’s motto is “Don’t Be Evil.” Maybe “famously” isn’t the right word. "Hilariously” is more appropriate because Google is, in fact, an evil company. But it’s not just Google. Name the tech giant and they are pretty much working in ways that are detrimental, if not downright destructive, to the United States of America and the freedoms we hold dear. Google not only tracks every keystroke you make, but it also manipulates your worldview without you even knowing it.

The biggest problem with Google is the monopoly control they have over internet searches. They control almost everything people see on the Internet. “Just Google it” has become a common saying – they’re the Q-Tip or Kleenex of getting information. But there’s a very big, very important difference between Google and other products that become “the name” of their brand.

If you use a different cotton swab, it’ll pretty much do the same thing as a Q-Tip. If you blow your nose into another tissue, it’ll work the same way as a Kleenex. If you search in Google, you will get a completely different set of returns than you will if you use any other search engine. Others will show you what you are looking for, but Google will show you what they want you to see.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for a column I had written back in 2016 called, “How Easy Do We Have To Make It To Vote?” With all the talk for “voter suppression” and other liberal lies, I needed some of the information I wrote about how easy it truly already is to vote in the United States. So I went to Google and typed in the title without putting the search words in quotation marks (an “advanced search”). Simple, right? Not so much.

It didn’t come up. What Google did return was a bunch of left-wing sites and stories about how to vote, how to make it easier to vote, and how Republicans are suppressing the vote somehow. After scrolling through seven pages of results, I went to Bing.com. Searched exactly the same way, and my column was the first result. That made sense, as I was, after all, entering the exact title.

Read further
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/01/17/google-is-evil-n2583249

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Bing is owned by Microsoft.

Microsoft Bing (formerly known as Bing) is a web search engine owned and operated by Microsoft. The service has its origins in Microsoft's previous search engines: MSN Search, Windows Live Search and later Live Search. Bing provides a variety of search services, including web, video, image and map search products. It is developed using ASP.NET.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Bing

Ghoti Ichthus

I generally use Duck because of their alleged no-tracking/no-record policy, but often don't like the search results, and they've been getting less and less reliable/useful/impartial, especially of late. Links from search results to certain websites don't work, especially without VPN and/or TOR, at least from where I'm connecting (ISP censoring :mad

If I'm looking for certain types of research articles, I'm still sometimes stuck with GoogleScholar for free access, or at least to get proper citations. With citations, if I can't find them free online, I can usually locate in a library via WorldCat.

DanLMP

I generally use Duck because of their alleged no-tracking/no-record policy, but often don't like the search results, and they've been getting less and less reliable/useful/impartial, especially of late. Links from search results to certain websites don't work, especially without VPN and/or TOR, at least from where I'm connecting (ISP censoring :mad

If I'm looking for certain types of research articles, I'm still sometimes stuck with GoogleScholar for free access, or at least to get proper citations. With citations, if I can't find them free online, I can usually locate in a library via WorldCat.

Duck Duck Go reportedly uses Bing as it's backbone and throws in some privacy features.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I use Bing directly and once or twice a year earn a $5 coupon to Amazon for my searches. Generally speaking, I'm finding search engines are becoming less helpful as they pack more and more sponsored sites and advertising into search results. Sometimes I find myself using a few different search engines before I find what I'm looking for.

Joshuayeshua

WebCrawler.com is what I use when doing research.

It is the only way I found out the founder of BEZH (who created a human implantable microchip implant) Also happens to be a director of a Denmark based school of Sorcery, claiming to commune with demons. I even found a video he uploaded to a random hosting site (I never heard of) of what it looks/sounds like during one for the Luciferian rituals.

The searches may take seconds, instead of sub-seconds, but it has never failed me when looking for information.

Ghoti Ichthus

We users can't delete a post. The dot is the smallest thing the system will allow as a post. So, if we need to delete a post for some reason (duplicate, etc.), we'll edit, delete everything except a period, and then save. Better than bothering the mods, as they're already seriously overworked, and better than annoying others/cluttering up the board with duplicates, etc.

Lovin Jesus

What is the dot?? I see it in many threads, but clueless as to its meaning, lol
Idk about anyone else but my dot means I started to post but changed my mind and I can’t just backspace erase because begin I leave it to go to a different thread then come back to it that post I erased is still there. To completely remove it I have to put something there and save it. Sometimes a dot other times the word delete.

Lovin Jesus

Never heard of that one. Do the track or keep a history of searches, links clicked, etc.?
I use DuckDuck myself but, yes it blocks trackers and idk about history but, if I go to some favorite websites I can’t get in due to the ads blocker. Then have to use another search engine. Also, duckduck does their own blocking of websites. At times Ive searched something I want to look at and it will direct me to the site but will have a message with their duck saying it cannot open that site. It has its good and bad like everything in the internet.

Ghoti Ichthus

I use DuckDuck myself but, yes it blocks trackers and idk about history but, if I go to some favorite websites I can’t get in due to the ads blocker. Then have to use another search engine. Also, duckduck does their own blocking of websites. At times Ive searched something I want to look at and it will direct me to the site but will have a message with their duck saying it cannot open that site. It has its good and bad like everything in the internet.

If I want to go to Pre-Trib Research Center, I can only use the Duck if I'm using VPN. Otherwise, I have to access with Tor. Nothing else works. I think this is actually a function of the ISP here, and not the Duck :furious :rant :mad :wild

Lovin Jesus

If I want to go to Pre-Trib Research Center, I can only use the Duck if I'm using VPN. Otherwise, I have to access with Tor. Nothing else works. I think this is actually a function of the ISP here, and not the Duck :furious :rant :mad :wild
As per one of your earlier posts, DuckDuck is owned by Microsoft. So even with it being better than other search engines the real ones in control are the Domains.

Correction, you didn’t say Duck Duck is owned by Microsoft. As you did state “ Bing is owned by Microsoft.
Microsoft Bing (formerly known as Bing) is a web search engine owned and operated by Microsoft. “
My apologies.

Got mixed up with what I read on Wikipedia

DuckDuckGo's results are a compilation of "over 400" sources,[8] including Yahoo! Search BOSS, Wolfram Alpha, Bing, Yandex, its own web crawler (the DuckDuckBot) and others
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo

Last edited: