Good timing

Mama Bug

So if you've read a couple of my threads and some posts, you know that I deal with anxiety and panic attacks, and that I've been having them lately, possibly going through the change. I'm not sure how I feel about the change itself. I guess on one hand I don't like that I'm getting older, but on the other I don't really care about the change otherwise. I don't plan on more children, my tubes have been tied since my son was born, so I'm not bothered by that aspect of it. But I've been having a rough time with the symptoms especially this week. Yesterday was my dad's birthday. He would have been 78. He went Home to be with Jesus 20 years ago. I still miss him and what hurts the most is that my kids didn't get to meet him. They will never know the kind, loving man that he was except through stories.

So I got a phone call from my uncle(dad's brother) yesterday. A little background here: they both were blessed with musical ability. My dad could sing, and my uncle can play piano, guitar, harmonica, no telling what else, and he can sing as well. They both would sing in church. Sometimes together, sometimes not. My uncle still plays piano and sings in church. He had recordings of my dad singing, some by himself, some with accompaniment, and uploaded them on a YouTube channel that he started a few days ago. One of them is The Anchor Holds. A recording of my dad singing that song was actually played at his funeral, so my dad sang at his own funeral. He was asked to sing it more than once in church so I had never heard this recording that was on YouTube. Before the song starts, he is talking. He mentions dark clouds, walking through the storm (of life), Jesus is your anchor, He will speak peace over your life. I wish I could remember exactly what he said, but boy did it speak to me. It made me tear up, but in a good way. It was almost like I heard from my dad because he knew I needed him and was there for me in the only way he could be. No, more like God knew I needed a word, and must've prompted my uncle to call and let me know that the YouTube channel was there. He had originally called my brother and asked him to pass the word along to me and my sister but my brother must've forgot or something. Next best thing to hearing from Jesus Himself was hearing my dad's voice and what he had to say.

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
So if you've read a couple of my threads and some posts, you know that I deal with anxiety and panic attacks, and that I've been having them lately, possibly going through the change. I'm not sure how I feel about the change itself. I guess on one hand I don't like that I'm getting older, but on the other I don't really care about the change otherwise. I don't plan on more children, my tubes have been tied since my son was born, so I'm not bothered by that aspect of it. But I've been having a rough time with the symptoms especially this week. Yesterday was my dad's birthday. He would have been 78. He went Home to be with Jesus 20 years ago. I still miss him and what hurts the most is that my kids didn't get to meet him. They will never know the kind, loving man that he was except through stories.

So I got a phone call from my uncle(dad's brother) yesterday. A little background here: they both were blessed with musical ability. My dad could sing, and my uncle can play piano, guitar, harmonica, no telling what else, and he can sing as well. They both would sing in church. Sometimes together, sometimes not. My uncle still plays piano and sings in church. He had recordings of my dad singing, some by himself, some with accompaniment, and uploaded them on a YouTube channel that he started a few days ago. One of them is The Anchor Holds. A recording of my dad singing that song was actually played at his funeral, so my dad sang at his own funeral. He was asked to sing it more than once in church so I had never heard this recording that was on YouTube. Before the song starts, he is talking. He mentions dark clouds, walking through the storm (of life), Jesus is your anchor, He will speak peace over your life. I wish I could remember exactly what he said, but boy did it speak to me. It made me tear up, but in a good way. It was almost like I heard from my dad because he knew I needed him and was there for me in the only way he could be. No, more like God knew I needed a word, and must've prompted my uncle to call and let me know that the YouTube channel was there. He had originally called my brother and asked him to pass the word along to me and my sister but my brother must've forgot or something. Next best thing to hearing from Jesus Himself was hearing my dad's voice and what he had to say.

Well, now......you've got me tearing up as well. :lol

That is so precious Mama Bug. :hug It seems the Lord, in His kindness was bringing you comfort and encouragement. So special...... :nod