Good stuff to eat

Endangered

For a few years now I have been eating oatmeal most days for breakfast. Everyone says it is healthy for the heart. And it is supposed to reduce cholesterol. The problem with oatmeal is has NO flavor. So I have been working on flavor for a while.
I do better with a lot of protein in my diet. A bowl of oatmeal has 5 grams of protein. Better than nothing but still not enough.
So I bought a bottle of whey protein at Walgreens and started adding it to the protein. I bought vanilla flavor and put a full scoop in each bowl of oatmeal. Not only does it add flavor but it brings the protein total to 20 grams which makes for a great morning start.
I also chop up a couple of strawberries for color and flavor.
None of this makes oatmeal delicious beyond words. But the protein and vanilla flavor spice up the boring bowl of oatmeal and the protein gives more energy.
So a bowl is more healthy for you and actually tastes better.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I've eaten oatmeal for so long I just couldn't do it every day anymore. It just leaves me hungry and then I want more for lunch. I still have it once in a while but right now I'm working outside quite a bit and need more fuel. An egg or two and toast with bacon strip or small patty sausage holds me till lunch. When I did oatmeal every day adding a little honey and raisins or blueberries made it more filling and palatable.

Mocha Latte

Oh my, you are making me remember my overnight oatmeal phase when I tried all kinds of flavors. I still eat it but usually get lazy and stick with one flavor lately. BUT you also just reminded me of another flavor I forgot about and haven’t had in awhile that might be good to try if you’re looking for that wow factor. It sounds sinful but hear me out. Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal! So you will add some sweetener to oatmeal anyway, right? I eat dark chocolate anyway so just adding some cocoa powder gives you easy chocolate oatmeal. Once you put it piping hot into the bowl, put a little dollop of peanut butter on top and it’s like a melty Reese’s cup in a bowl, only healthy (if you used good ingredients and proportions). Peanut butter adds protein and you can add more plain whey and not even taste it.

Ok, now that I’m hungry, how about some other flavors. In the fall when we can get fresh apples and cider I make apple oatmeal. The cider is sweet enough I don’t even add any other sugar.

Also try piña colada oatmeal: diced pineapple, some shredded coconut and use coconut milk!

My traditional overnight oatmeal (no cooking) is chopping up dates, add chia seeds, cinnamon, walnuts, and almond milk. Let it absorb over night and you have an easy breakfast waiting.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
When I eat it, which is hardly ever, I add honey to it.
All my years I've heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don't remember the last time I had breakfast :idunno

Popular wisdom now says intermittent fasting is healthy. Feel free to say you're justified skipping breakfast now that you have an official sounding name for it haha

Skipping breakfast works well for me too. I'm not a morning person by any means, so I don't even get hungry until 11 or 12.

I will occasionally eat breakfast food for lunch if I go out to eat. I go for the works and get pancakes, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, etc.

Andy C

When I wake up it's prayer time and daily reading, then breakfast, I never miss it, lunch I can skip but not breakfast.
Im the same. I wake up between 4-30am, coffee and bible time, and an hour later, I work out hard almost everyday. I need to eat breakfast, and its probably been several decades since I skipped breakfast.

I do occasionally eat oatmeal, and prefer to do so with bananas or blueberries mixed in. However, oatmeal will never fill the belly, so I have to eat other items as well.