Gone to Pot: Marijuana Shortages Plague Canada

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by Tall Timbers, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

TORONTO (AP) — The name of the store is High North, but it might as well be named High and Dry because for all but about four hours of the first two weeks since marijuana was legalized in Canada, there was no pot to sell.

Trevor Tobin, one of the owners of the Labrador City shop in Newfoundland and Labrador, said they went 10 straight days without supply.

"The producers keep saying there will be some bumps in the road, but right now it's not a bump in the road. It's a big pothole," he said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...gone-to-pot-marijuana-shortages-plague-canada

Because I'm for minimal govmint I'm not necessarily opposed to the trend of legalizing marijuana. I do believe it probably isn't a good idea for people to choose to use it recreationally, though.

That said, when I saw these headlines I couldn't help but think that a drugged up population will be a lot easier to subdue than a clear-headed population. The antichrist can certainly use the legalization of marijuana to his advantage, albeit temporarily, as he'll lose any and all advantages after a short period.

Marijuana has been legal in Alaska for a while now, and I'm just starting to notice the pot shops as I drive around town.

Círeth, Bron, ShilohRose and 2 others like this.
  2. Saved and Waiting

Saved and Waiting Active Member

Smoked marijuana in my later teens in the early 1970's...most of time what we called "ditch weed" which just meant it did cause a high but usually, for me, tiredness and a case of the munchies. It wasn't what would develop more and more as the years progressed and wasn't usually laced with more dangerous additives. I cannot undo those days but they happened. Even as Christians, we still sin or do things that may not be considered a sin but could be characterized as not so smart and offensive or hurtful to our Lord. LSD was also popular in my teens and many other mind-altering drugs....I didn't do those and am glad I didn't but there more than likely are Christians out there that never tried any drug, some that tried one thing, and those that did a lot of drugs. Nicotine is a drug and so is alcohol and other things. I do not think badly of them, those that did any kind of drugs, or condemn them. Why would I think I had the right to? We Christians, saved by Grace, are still going to do stupid things and commit sins until Jesus changes us at the Rapture or if we die before that and are body is dead but our Spirit is alive with Christ. Medical marijuana to ease the pain of those with cancer and other diseases? I don't have a problem with that at all. Legalizing it for recreational use? I tend to lean on not a good thing. Just my opinion...still, at 65, I'm working on other sins or not so smart things I think or do!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. Kem

Kem Citizen

Nor do I but sadly when it is government regulated it is dispensed by big pharma which makes the price nearly prohibitive and of course people in pain must go to a specific clinic which is often a long drive from their house. So the issue isn't quite as simple as it sounds. Maybe they should regulate it only as Sudafed is regulated which is that you must ask the pharmacist for it though you do not need a prescription and you must by law show your driver's license or picture ID and then sign for it.

4. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

5. Kem

Kem Citizen

I should probably add that I have never used pot nor would I but at least CBD without the thc should be further explored for chronic pain. Those in constant serious pain especially from spinal issues truly need a solution that is not narcotic. Narcotics are fully legal and often prescribed for chronic pain but someone driving around while using a narcotic is very dangerous and the problem is very common.

6. anath

anath I Love the Lord

I agree with you, Kem

7. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

That’s a good idea. I’ve personally experienced being treated like a drug seeker when trying to find help with my chronic pain. It was such a humiliating and degrading experience. I don’t want marijuana under the control of paranoid doctors (or Big Pharma) too worried about lawsuits to be of any help, but having it behind the counter would be a great compromise.

Círeth, ShilohRose and Andy C like this.
  8. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I've had a prescription for Valium since sometime in the year 2000. The USAF flight doctor offered it to me several times and I declined because I was afraid to take the potentially addictive drug on a regular basis. The doctor finally prevailed and I agreed to try it. In a very small dose I've been taking it "as needed" since 2000. It provides me with welcome pain relief and I've never had a problem with it.

Over the years I've had doctors under prescribe it a bit and others who gave me way more than I could ever safely take. In any case I only take it as needed and it has been a great blessing with no known negatives after using it for 18 years.

Sometimes when I got a new doctor I'd get the third degree about where else was I getting a similar prescription and questions like that. I didn't really mind, I'd just explain the history from the beginning. Now I believe most pharmacies use a common database so if a person is filling a prescription at multiple pharmacies that activity would show up (or so I think).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Círeth and ShilohRose like this.
  9. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

You’re very fortunate. My experience was in Florida, so maybe that was the issue. In any case, here in Missouri the med marijuana prop passed, and I qualify.

Tall Timbers, Círeth and ShilohRose like this.